Today's Early News

JawD

Cant find anything on the net about this yet, but was on sky sports (newspapers) that Ashley is wanting to bring KK back to the club as a DoF. Not sure how Sam would react to that and Im also not sure what role that would give him. I dont object if its good for the club and would help Sam. Maybe its to give Mort/Ashley someone to link to the manager with football knowledge.

On Roeder, various reports are linking him to a move to Arsenal to work with Wener. :lol:

There were talking about Keegan coming back as Director of Football on Talksport earlier this morning. I am just about to read the Sunday Sun and see if there is anything about it in there.

Cant find anything on the net about this yet, but was on sky sports (newspapers) that Ashley is wanting to bring KK back to the club as a DoF. Not sure how Sam would react to that and Im also not sure what role that would give him. I dont object if its good for the club and would help Sam. Maybe its to give Mort/Ashley someone to link to the manager with football knowledge.

On Roeder, various reports are linking him to a move to Arsenal to work with Wener. :lol:

I'm genuinely pleased for him. He had an impossible task here, and while I'm glad we have big Sam now, Roeder didn't have any real money to spend and hardly any players fit during his time here. Towards the end he lost the plot though.

The curse of Roeder. Might have a tenner on the Arsenal to go down if this happens

If Kev comes back as a D O F and helps BS in the transfer market by negotiating deals etc I think it would be a positive move providing he keeps his beak out of team selections and transfer targets

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

I'm genuinely pleased for him. He had an impossible task here, and while I'm glad we have big Sam now, Roeder didn't have any real money to spend and hardly any players fit during his time here. Towards the end he lost the plot though.

He'll probably do ok in the sort of role they are talking about, pressure situations and motivation seemed more his bane (I would have said transfers too, but looking at how BS is doing this season with more money and being much more experienced in the transfer market maybe not so much).

Wenger is not a fool and wouldn't take him on if he were the complete footballing retard he's claimed to be here.

I dunno about KK as DoF though. Not really sure what he'd bring in that role.

The curse of Roeder. Might have a tenner on the Arsenal to go down if this happens

If Kev comes back as a D O F and helps BS in the transfer market by negotiating deals etc I think it would be a positive move providing he keeps his beak out of team selections and transfer targets

He wouldn't though, unfortunately. He's not that sort of bloke, he'd want to be hands-on, involved in everything.

He was originally supposed to be DoF when he went to Fulham, with Ray Wilkins running the team, but he couldn't keep himself away and took over. I suppose it's the passion of the man.

New Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley wants Kevin keegan to make an emotional return to the club as director of football.

Ashley, who mounted a successful £133million takeover of the Toon, wants to start making an impact at St James's Park, according to a report in the Sunday Express.

With former chairman Freddy Shepherd departing from the boardroom last week, Ashley and his chairman Chris Mort are ready to reveal their vision for the future.

The paper says moves have already been made to sound out Keegan, 56, who is idolised by the Toon army for the buccaneering football he gave them in the five years after being appointed as manager in 1992.

keegan ios currently involved in his family-oriented 'Soccer Circus' project in Glasgow and he will take some persuading to return to Premiership football, something he says he doesn't miss after quitting as Manchester City manager two years ago.

something or nothing

Edited by JawD

I'm split on this, I'd like to see Keegan back for romanticised reasons, but would we really want another link in a chain which to be working fine at the moment. If it's simply to improve our ability to make signatures in the transfer market, I'd prefer Shearer to have a more influential role, rather than bring another Chef to the table.