Big Sam: Dyer will go

bawan

Sam Allardyce remains adamant in his view that Kieron Dyer will leave Newcastle, despite the midfielder's bright cameo in Sunday's 2-0 victory over Juventus.

The England international wants to move on from the North East club for personal reasons, in news that has reportedly alerted West Ham, Tottenham and Manchester City.

Dyer's introduction from the substitutes' bench in the second half caught the eye but Allardyce remains steadfast in his assessment of the situation.

"He played very well. But I don't think we can (keep him) for the reasons I gave on Thursday," said Allardyce.

"The only way I can see to resolve this is for Kieron to move closer to his family.

"Nobody has come in with the right money yet. Nobody has offered anything like the money we want.

"If they don't come in (with the right offer) then all I can do is sit down with Kieron and see if there's something else we can do.

"We used him for 45 minutes today because we were short of numbers."

While Dyer's days at St James' Park appear to be numbered, Alberto Luque, previously an expensive flop, looks to have been handed a reprieve.

It looked almost certain that the Spanish forward would be shown the exit door, having failed to replicate anything like his best form since moving to the club from Deportivo La Coruna but under Allardyce, thus far, he has put in an impressive pre-season.

"Hopefully, if he can stay fit he could play a part."

Luque scored the game's opening goal from the penalty spot, before being replaced on the half hour mark, but Allardyce has been reassured the injury is not serious.

"The only negative thing today was Albert coming off. But he assures me it's just a tightening (of the muscle)," the former Bolton chief concluded.

Luque injured again :lol:

Edited by bawan

"The only way I can see to resolve this is for Kieron to move closer to his family.

Call me naive but a bloke who earns 80k a week should be able to dictate where his family lives.

Tbh i thought he was awesome today when he came on. Boo-ing him was shocking really. I think hes a great player for us. I just think hes got the hump cos allerdyce wants to use him as a right wing back so he wants to leave. He isnt a complete midfielder which is what allerdyce is looking for.

On another note N'Zogbia was great second half if i had to choose one i'd defo keep him rather than dyer so heres to the zog staying put :lol:

Tbh i thought he was awesome today when he came on. Boo-ing him was shocking really. I think hes a great player for us. I just think hes got the hump cos allerdyce wants to use him as a right wing back so he wants to leave. He isnt a complete midfielder which is what allerdyce is looking for.

On another note N'Zogbia was great second half if i had to choose one i'd defo keep him rather than dyer so heres to the zog staying put :lol:

Shame he can't finish like.

The shit about his family is bollocks imo, just an excuse to engineer a move away for himself.

Does anyone even know what the supposed "family" reason is?

Or is it still that his friend (Shambles) left and now he has no one to play with?

Or is there another reason today?

Franky Dyer is absolute proof that there is NO God. :lol: