N'Zogbia Close to Fulham Switch?

ewerk

Fulham 'target Seol and N'Zogbia'

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez is thought to be close to boosting his squad with the additions of midfielders Seol Ki-Hyeon and Charles N'Zogbia.

Newcastle's N'Zogbia, 21, is likely to cost around £3m, while Fulham are believed to have offered Reading £1m for 28-year-old South Korean Seol.

Seol said: "Fulham want me and I would be happy to play for them.

Sanchez has already splashed out more than £14m this summer, bringing in seven new players.

But the Fulham boss, who took over five games before the end of last season, told BBC Five Live on Monday that he expected to sign "two or three more players".

N'Zogbia fell out with Newcastle when he was excluded from the squad to face Watford in the Magpies' final game of last season.

Seol joined Reading in a £1.5m deal from Wolves in July 2006.

However, after losing his first-team place, he threatened to seek a move and his recent comments about joining Fulham appear to suggest his stay with the Royals may not last more than one season.

Poor move for him if true.

£3m for our only fit left sided player in the whole squad would be absolute and utter madness. I hope it is bollocks. I thought Zog was near enough our best player on Sunday.

Zoggy does appear to have somewhat of an attitude problem if things aren't to his liking and if you couple that with contract disputes, ego, following traits we have seen in other French players who have been at Newcastle, plus the fact that mid-field players aren't what we are short of, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Zoggy left.

Mind you I'd be very disappointed.

Zoggy looked good on Sunday in the middle and I would like to see him there with Barton when fit, £3m is an insult for a player of his talent, and Fulham come on this cant happen, can it?

Agreed...I thought he looked great playing in the middle

Unless behind the scenes Zog is acting up and demanding to leave then it would be ludicrous to sell him and i don't think for a maoment Big Sam would unless he has little choice.

However as Gol says that doesn't mean Fulham haven't made any offers, they probaby have, hopefully we'll tell them to piss off!

As PL has said, unless N'Zogbia is kicking up a massive fuss about going then this would be possibly the stupidest piece of business the club has done for a while, especially when you take into consideration Duff is knackered till November at least.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

As PL has said, unless N'Zogbia is kicking up a massive fuss about going then this would be possibly the stupidest piece of business the club has done for a while, especially when you take into consideration Duff is knackered till November at least.

And i think Sam will rate him, because he is a good prospect if his attitude is no longer a problem. Sam knows we need left footers, he also has the kind of pace and energy i'd think Sam would want and possibly thinks he can play in a few positions as he's moved him around a bit so far. Also with Dyer going he's one of the few players left with pace.

And selling pretty much anyone at the moment is daft as the sqaud is so thin, and they would just have to be replaced.

Another load of cobblers.

Fulham are 100% after him, and have put a bid in. It's been rejected though.

That's all I know though, so not sure if they're going back in with another bid.

And when have you ever been wrong?

Another load of cobblers.

Fulham are 100% after him, and have put a bid in. It's been rejected though.

That's all I know though, so not sure if they're going back in with another bid.

And when have you ever been wrong?

With ITK stuff? Not that often tbh. I reported that we tried to sign Malbranque, but he didn't want to move so soon after his child being born. I reported that we tried to sign Alan Smith, but he chose Man United instead. I reported that we were signing Luque, a week before it was picked up on over here.

The only transfer which I've been really wrong on is the signing of Murphy (the Scunny keeper, not the ex liverpool midfielder) - although Newcastle did make an enquiry.

Oh, just remembered, I thought Faye would turn out to be a good signing :icon_lol: