If it were to be one of them who would you have

bawan

Gudjohnsen.. Close thread. =]

:icon_lol: lets make it bit more interesting...who would be a suitable replacement for dyer... not just those two but any one.

Ronaldinho.

Barton...fuck the speed :icon_lol:

or....Ali Dia :razz:

Edited by pooptash

Think Gudjohnsen would be a good replacement for Dyer, he's quick, good in the air, can score a goal and can play in that support role behind a front 2 in a 4-3-3 formation which is what BS looks to be going for in the home games at least. Would be an excellent addition and if he's available, should be swiping him from under the nose of West Ham who will have a silly sized squad the way theyre buying players at the moment...

Think Gudjohnsen would be a good replacement for Dyer, he's quick, good in the air, can score a goal and can play in that support role behind a front 2 in a 4-3-3 formation which is what BS looks to be going for in the home games at least. Would be an excellent addition and if he's available, should be swiping him from under the nose of West Ham who will have a silly sized squad the way theyre buying players at the moment...

Which would make it all the more hilarious if the Tevez farce blew up in their face and they were sent down to the fizzy pop league.

Depends if we're looking at it from a 'player v player' or 'who will fit better into our setup' point of view.

If it's the former, then it's Eidur by a country mile, but Smith offers more diversity and if this is a replacement for Dyer, you have to say that he's the more obvious choice.

Gudjohnsen would be brought in as a striker and we have to consider that we already have Owen, Martins, Shola, Luque, Carroll whereas I think Smith would play very effective just behind the front two - especially if he has Barton alongside him.

I don't know where this negative perception of Alan Smith has come from - up until his leg break at Anfield, he was considered as being awesome. Since he's been out, Man Utd have moved on, bought Hargreaves, Carrick, etc and he hasn't had a look in - hardly his fault!!

Compare him with Dyer and I'd have Smith every time.

gujohnsesn can play in midfield so he is just as versitile as smith. plus he's a far better player.

He's a better striker, without a doubt. But IMO, Smith is better in attacking midfield which I think this purchase is going to be predominately for.

I think it's all academic anyway...

Depends if we're looking at it from a 'player v player' or 'who will fit better into our setup' point of view.

If it's the former, then it's Eidur by a country mile, but Smith offers more diversity and if this is a replacement for Dyer, you have to say that he's the more obvious choice.

Gudjohnsen would be brought in as a striker and we have to consider that we already have Owen, Martins, Shola, Luque, Carroll whereas I think Smith would play very effective just behind the front two - especially if he has Barton alongside him.

I don't know where this negative perception of Alan Smith has come from - up until his leg break at Anfield, he was considered as being awesome. Since he's been out, Man Utd have moved on, bought Hargreaves, Carrick, etc and he hasn't had a look in - hardly his fault!!

I always liked Smith at Leeds, and in his early days as a striker at ManU. However, since being moved into midfield and that horrible injury I'm not sure if he's worth the risk. Fergie used to rave about him, but there must be better midfielders out there tha, a converted striker returning from a terrible injury. On the other side of it, there must be better strikers out there than one with a poor goal scoring record, who's been played in midfield for the last 2 seasons.

I always liked Smith at Leeds, and in his early days as a striker at ManU. However, since being moved into midfield and that horrible injury I'm not sure if he's worth the risk. Fergie used to rave about him, but there must be better midfielders out there tha, a converted striker returning from a terrible injury. On the other side of it, there must be better strikers out there than one with a poor goal scoring record, who's been played in midfield for the last 2 seasons.

Ferguson wouldn't be getting rid (even with who they've brought in) if he was still rated there.

We don't need another Carr, so I hope it's not a case of us paying for other peoples spoiled goods again.

Ferguson wouldn't be getting rid (even with who they've brought in) if he was still rated there.

We don't need another Carr, so I hope it's not a case of us paying for other peoples spoiled goods again.

I thought the same about Rossi, who Fergie had a lob on for. Must have been told to shift some of the squad members(Smudge/Richardson/Rossi) if he wanted Tevez, Anderson and Nani.

I'd rather this money was being spent on a left back.

There is plenty of money, he has just yet to find a good left back to come in!

is there though? we haven't been the biggest spenders so far and it seems the smith move had to wait until the dyer sale was agreed.

I'm guessing the money for a LB will still be available and that we're just offloading the wonga we'll be getting for Dyer...

There is plenty of money, he has just yet to find a good left back to come in!

is there though? we haven't been the biggest spenders so far and it seems the smith move had to wait until the dyer sale was agreed.

Mort said so! :icon_lol:

Just that they did not want to be buying for buying sakes, they want good qaulity players.