Perhaps I'm getting...

Noelie

......too old and feeble of mind and my ability to comprehend given situations has diminished and is irretrievable so perhaps someone could help me understand WHY.

Why a long established famous club such as ours based in a one team city, a big club in a great city, with a great stadium and supporters second to none, a club noted for paying good wages, with brand new owners, a new manager with new ideas, a club that currently seems to have difficulty signing defenders when other less glamourous clubs don't, when defenders are apparently the main need to become successful?

......too old and feeble of mind and my ability to comprehend given situations has diminished and is irretrievable so perhaps someone could help me understand WHY.

Why a long established famous club such as ours based in a one team city, a big club in a great city, with a great stadium and supporters second to none, a club noted for paying good wages, with brand new owners, a new manager with new ideas, a club that currently seems to have difficulty signing defenders when other less glamourous clubs don't, when defenders are apparently the main need to become successful?

Maybe because of our poor defensive record over the last 10 yeas has put them off and they cannot be arsed with a slagging on MOTD week in and week out from Hanson and co.

Would put me off

If we are talking GOOD defenders, then its because we are not offering european football.

Dont dispair though, the window hasnt closed yet and we are linking with at least two imminent defenders incoming.

Maybe we have been trying to sign better players than the ones these other clubs have been signing and we don't want to spend inflated amounts on these players which is why we are trying to get bargains like Cacapa until we are in a position to attract top class players with our money.

Or maybe we're skint.

Guest Patrokles

The above post is correct. Look at the other clubs you're doubtlessly referring to and look at who they've spent their money on. Then get a fucking grip.

The above post is correct. Look at the other clubs you're doubtlessly referring to and look at who they've spent their money on. Then get a fucking grip.

Correct in what way?

Sam has previously stated he has been unable to get the players he initially wanted due to transfer activity all around.

Some decent defenders have been signed by other clubs, but that's a matter of opinion isn't it.

Maybe we are skint.

Perhaps you should get a fucking grip, and perhaps you should look at who other clubs have signed as defenders, for how much, and what calibre they are. Sensible queries should perhaps get sensible answers.

Correct in what way?

Sam has previously stated he has been unable to get the players he initially wanted due to transfer activity all around.

Some decent defenders have been signed by other clubs, but that's a matter of opinion isn't it.

Maybe we are skint.

Perhaps you should get a fucking grip, and perhaps you should look at who other clubs have signed as defenders, for how much, and what calibre they are. Sensible queries should perhaps get sensible answers.

Who are these players you're on about Noelie? The ones other clubs have signed?

because fat sam only looks for bargains. we ar the new bolton :icon_lol:

BS wants to sign the right players at the right prices. We are not in a position to attract top defenders at the moment although under Roedent we could have had Campbell and Woodgate. I`m sure Sam would have taken both of these given the chance.

If we would have had a decent manager last term things would have been different but we had a muppet so we have to deal with it

Why a long established famous club such as ours based in a one team city, a big club in a great city, with a great stadium and supporters second to none, a club noted for paying good wages, with brand new owners, a new manager with new ideas, a club that currently seems to have difficulty signing defenders when other less glamourous clubs don't, when defenders are apparently the main need to become successful

When is the actual question part of this post coming? All I see is a huge long setup but no actual question. Dopey old shite. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

I already did so. Hence my post. Which you responded to by repeating exactly what I'd said. You're playing very much into my argument's hands here- I looked at the other clubs, and who they'd signed as defenders, and for how much, and for the calibre they are. Suffice to say, I'm not slitting my wrists, here.

Why a long established famous club such as ours based in a one team city, a big club in a great city, with a great stadium and supporters second to none, a club noted for paying good wages, with brand new owners, a new manager with new ideas, a club that currently seems to have difficulty signing defenders when other less glamourous clubs don't, when defenders are apparently the main need to become successful

When is the actual question part of this post coming? All I see is a huge long setup but no actual question. Dopey old shite. :lol:

Maybe this dopey old shite is too articulate Mr.Gemmill, I would have thought that any sentence beginning with 'Why' would constitute a question being asked. ;)

In a nut-shell, with all the plusses we have that I have listed WHY are we having problems getting defenders. I don't fully understand WHY. :blush:

I already did so. Hence my post. Which you responded to by repeating exactly what I'd said. You're playing very much into my argument's hands here- I looked at the other clubs, and who they'd signed as defenders, and for how much, and for the calibre they are. Suffice to say, I'm not slitting my wrists, here.

Patrokles, are you joined at the hip to Leazesmag?.......that reads like something out of his book. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Patrokles, are you joined at the hip to Leazesmag?.......that reads like something out of his book. :lol:

When two people who are entirely different level the same criticism at you, perhaps it's not them you need to be looking at?

When two people who are entirely different level the same criticism at you, perhaps it's not them you need to be looking at?

Pray tell me who the other person is who is entirely different from you and who has leveled the same criticism at me as you have done, for the life of me I can't see anyone who matches you in your approach.

I didn't start this topic to promote any angst, I just asked what I thought was a simple question that would invoke some discussion as to what other members ideas were as to why we were having a problem signing defenders but apparently I get up your nose and you have to try and belittle me which is not the smartest of things to do. Use some sense, back off.

Guest Patrokles

Pray tell me who the other person is who is entirely different from you and who has leveled the same criticism at me as you have done, for the life of me I can't see anyone who matches you in your approach.

I didn't start this topic to promote any angst, I just asked what I thought was a simple question that would invoke some discussion as to what other members ideas were as to why we were having a problem signing defenders but apparently I get up your nose and you have to try and belittle me which is not the smartest of things to do. Use some sense, back off.

Are you stupid? That's twice now you've posted something that has been answered a post or two above. In this case, since you're obviously a tad slow, the answer to your question is Leazes. I haven't tried to belittle you, btw. You've managed that beautifully by yourself.

Are you stupid? That's twice now you've posted something that has been answered a post or two above. In this case, since you're obviously a tad slow, the answer to your question is Leazes. I haven't tried to belittle you, btw. You've managed that beautifully by yourself.

Peas in a Pod - Patroles/Leazesmag. .....Am I stupid? .....I must be for even bothering to rebut your drivel.

Guest Patrokles

Patrokles, are you joined at the hip to Leazesmag?.......that reads like something out of his book. ;)

Peas in a Pod - Patroles/Leazesmag. .....Am I stupid? .....I must be for even bothering to rebut your drivel.

Glad you've admitted it. :lol:

Getting back to the original point, has the latest news cheered you up Noelie? I know its put me at ease a bit though I admit to knowing little about either player.