Newcastle In For Dede

Scottish Mag

The Brazilian fullback, who has one cap for his country, is currently contracted to Borussia Dortmund, who have slapped an asking price of €10million on his head.

Magpies’ manager Sam Allardyce is keen to sign a top-quality left-back this summer and has been alerted to Dede, after a proposed move to Italian giants AS Roma collapsed at the last moment.

“The amount they offered just wasn’t acceptable to us,” Dortmund’s sport director Michael Zorc told Ruhr Nachrichten. “We were not prepared to sell him for less than €10million (£6.75m).”

The 29-year-old has played over 250 times for Dortmund, and if he stays with the club will be about to start his tenth season at the Westfalenstadion – unless Allardyce succeeds in his pursuit of the player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dede

Leonardo de Déus Santos (born 18 April 1978), nicknamed Dedê, is a Brazilian professional football player, who currently plays for German club Borussia Dortmund. He has played a single match for the Brazil national team. Dedé is the brother of footballer Lucas de Deus Santos.

Born in the Brazilian industrial town of Belo Horizonte as the second of six brothers, Dedê was introduced to football at an early age, playing three-a-side matches with his brothers in his parents' apartment. "Our living room was the biggest room and also our playing field, with the doors to the kitchen and the bedroom as our goals. Well, you can imagine, we always broke things in the living room." On club level Dedê first played for the local club of Atlético Mineiro, both as a junior and senior.

In 1998 he was awarded with the “Silver Boot” as the second best wing-back of the Brazilian league. That year he also signed for Borussia Dortmund, where the winger soon won the fans' hearts with his committed, spectacular performances. He not only became a regular starter for BVB, he was also one of the key players in the club's championship winning season of 2001-02. After a brief stint with the Olympic team, cut short by a knee injury, Dedê finally made his debut for the Seleção in Brazil's 4-1 win over Hungary in April 2004. The 28-year-old is now BVB's second longest serving member (after Lars Ricken) and has established himself as one of the most valuable players in the club. In the past he has also always been a great help by integrating his Brazilian compatriots into the team.

He is very good on the ball, has strong tackling abilities and is difficult to knock off the ball. His close dribbling skills and technical abilities also enable him to play in a more central role. Dedê is a great passer of the ball and can also score goals.

excellent player but i dont think he's quite lived up to his potential.

I'd be chuffd to bits if we signed him - should be a german national as well.

ad rather be a brazilian thanks :lol:

Once sold him for £35 million to Real after getting him on a free on FM!

Never seen him play though.

Is that Rhianna in your ava there Smooth?

Jesus, if I was her dad I'd still be bathing her.

Despite the most indiscriminate use of a phallus in the Tyne Tees region, you've actually got canny taste tbf.

Despite the most indiscriminate use of a phallus in the Tyne Tees region, you've actually got canny taste tbf.

That's Cheryl Tweedy/Cole isn't it? :lol:

You blind?

You blind?

Maybe, or maybe I'm still seeing a cached version of his old avatar. ;)

Solid and reliable player for Dortmund over the years. They just rejected a bid (8m Euro) from Roma for him with the club saying that the offer was great for Dede, but not good enough for the club. They want 12m Euro + additional fees. If the player would be interested in the move is another thing...

If looking at left backs from Jormany I'd also consider Christian Schulz from Werder Bremen, 24 years with 3 caps, who is looking for a move with being pushed down the pecking order by Pierre Wome. The player would hardly cost more than 3m Euro and give at least some depth to the squad as he can also play in left midfield.

You blind?

Maybe, or maybe I'm still seeing a cached version of his old avatar. ;)

That might make more sense :blush: