José Enrique

Baggio

He was clueless however we won 2-0, the first coming shortly a change PARDEW made. Makes sense, again it was all down to good luck and was in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

In regards to Enrique, he will keep many a winger in his back pocket as he did with us. As much as Obertan hasn't been brilliant for us there will be no shame in being contained by one of the best left backs in the league.

Hope you are right Tecato. However, when was the last time we got something at anfield?

Despite having a superior midfield on paper, our wingers will get us overrun because they provide no service and cabaye and tiote will both be ordered to lie deep.

Our last 5 results at Anfield have been

Lost 2-0

Lost 2-0

Lost 3-0

Lost 3-0

Lost 3-0

So it's not as if losing there will be a new thing, or something indicative of this manager/squad/regime.

That shit playing style you have mentioned has got us to a higher position than 13 other teams in this league, also a massive 1 point behind the carpet football side Liverpool and 3 points behind Arsenal. You are talking like we are fucking Stoke!

I don't really see your point, it just seems like you are trying to be the most repetitively negative person on the forum, is there some sort of prize I am unaware of?

Edited by Gejon

And yet Liverpool dominates every single game but lacks a goalscorer. We lack the domination but have one.

Id rather have their problem than ours. They are a vastly better team who are able to grab a game by the throat, unfortunately they have no finishers.

Imagine if they had Ba. Our points tally is lovely, but pardew is a fucking coward tactics-wise.

A proper slythermouth who shags his players girlfriends.

Proper cunt.

Liverpool certainly don't dominate every game like you seem to imagine, they have also been consistently better than us for a long, long time (including the 2 is it? times we finished about them is like claiming Sunderland are a better team than us).

Liverpool also have a strike force that cost about £60m more than ours so whose fault are these apparent finishing problems?

Edited by Gejon

They are a better TEAM than us, but looking at their players I dont really get why. They have a better bench, but the starting elleven? Johnson and enrique are way better wingbacks obviously, but other than that? Obertan wouldnt even get on their bench, granted - but I reckon Tiote Cabaye Ba and Colo would all start...Krul/reina a toss up really.

So there is SOMETHING there that makes them dominate games in a way we cant. Either its the liverpool spirit, or Dalglish being the better manager than Pardew ( credentials would certainly support that)

Or that they spent £100m in the summer on top of what was already a quite expensive squad?

For all their domination and nearly £60m spent on 2 strikers yet only being one point ahead of us with our £2m (tops) strikeforce doesn't put Kenny too far ahead of Pardew for me.

They are a better TEAM than us, but looking at their players I dont really get why. They have a better bench, but the starting elleven? Johnson and enrique are way better wingbacks obviously, but other than that? Obertan wouldnt even get on their bench, granted - but I reckon Tiote Cabaye Ba and Colo would all start...Krul/reina a toss up really.

So there is SOMETHING there that makes them dominate games in a way we cant. Either its the liverpool spirit, or Dalglish being the better manager than Pardew ( credentials would certainly support that)

He's bought a pack of shit/wrong players basically. Carroll is too dopey to play with Suarez. Gerraaahh is finished and Adam is overrrawed at playing at Anfield. 20m on a winger who isn't actully that dangerous was silly as well.

agreed. But my point is that there is something to be learned from them - namely the way they cover ground to get past the midfield and into the other teams half and box. But Im sure I ll be shot down as talking shite saying this also - so I wont bother.

We will get overrun on friday - BUT I hope their inability to actually score will see us through. Ba for a cheeky 3 points perhaps :lol:

Nothing would please me more than a daylight robbery with a hilarious 0-1 win ( Obertan )

agreed. But my point is that there is something to be learned from them - namely the way they cover ground to get past the midfield and into the other teams half and box. But Im sure I ll be shot down as talking shite saying this also - so I wont bother.

We will get overrun on friday - BUT I hope their inability to actually score will see us through. Ba for a cheeky 3 points perhaps :lol:

Nothing would please me more than a daylight robbery with a hilarious 0-1 win ( Obertan )

Looking forward to the game as it goes...Their minds aren't right atm. If our two CM's are on it...Expect a close game. Ba can score from almost anything.

Looking forward to the game as it goes...Their minds aren't right atm. If our two CM's are on it...Expect a close game. Ba can score from almost anything.

3 points to them nailed on now...! We're always so obliging when it comes to ending a team's run of bad form.

Lake Bells tits, I think you make some fair points myself.

Enrique being a former sprinter, Im quite sure he is faster yeh. Even if he isnt, Obertan is sort of half-assed even when he runs win the ball so a man on a mission ( enrique) will simply go for it and neutralize him.

We will get beat though, Im getting fed up with pardew. he was clueless vs bolton, Ben arfa saved his ass - and is being a stubborn cunt sticking with players whose extended run should have ended a month ago.

Look at Ferguson, whether you are messi or Elvis - a few bad games and you are out of the starting elleven son.

He was clueless however we won 2-0, the first coming shortly a change PARDEW made. Makes sense, again it was all down to good luck and was in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

In regards to Enrique, he will keep many a winger in his back pocket as he did with us. As much as Obertan hasn't been brilliant for us there will be no shame in being contained by one of the best left backs in the league.

And yet Liverpool dominates every single game but lacks a goalscorer. We lack the domination but have one.

Id rather have their problem than ours. They are a vastly better team who are able to grab a game by the throat, unfortunately they have no finishers.

Imagine if they had Ba. Our points tally is lovely, but pardew is a fucking coward tactics-wise.

A proper slythermouth who shags his players girlfriends.

Proper cunt.

You bunch of fucking dickheads. Pardew a coward tactics-wise - wasn't he the manager last season who turned to a three man defence during a match? One decision that the commentators both agreed managers never seem to do anymore. Isn't he the guy that has changed the way we play and now we actually play more football? I remember thinking a few years ago we are always going to be known as the direct play team. Big fuck up front and hoof him it. Yes we play that at times, but we also seem to play a lot more ground play, thanks to the likes of Cabaye, Tiote and obertan to an extent.

That's one thing I'm starting to get pissed with is the criticism of Pardew. I said this over Xmas to a randomer, no wonder no-one wants to buy the club from Ashley. Ffs - Blackburn and QPR were seen as better investments. Who would risk the millions on a team whose fans can easily turn on manager or owners? I wouldn't and I love NUFC.

Pardew was no-ones first choice, and a lot hated just because he took over from Hughton. The guy deserves credit where it is due, and you's are just picky bastards who are never happy. It'll be your faults when you start to call for his head and we end up with another Kinnear.

Ben Arfa subbed on was down to Pards, a game changing sub. If he had of started, yes we could have won by a few, but we could have also lost. The long ball tactic maybe came from the fact that there is where Bolton have struggled this season.

I also want to ask the question - if you were a young lad playing in a foreign country, having your first run of games in the league, would you get better and perform well when your own fans are booing you? Answer is no. Give obertan a chance. I would put money on him playing amazingly if us fans started singing songs about him. Get behind him and help the lad get his confidence. I never thought nufc fans to boo individual players. Let's not be ruthless.

Guest CabayeAye

The points we do have are from when we've played football. Lumping the ball up to Best has got us nowt, ever.

And Pardew has lost us a few points against Norwich, WBA and Swansea by picking shite over our best players.

I dont see how Pardew is to blame for lack of defensive cover for Norwich and WBA are in fine form taking points off city etc. Swansea was a missed opportunity and we maybe should have got a draw against WBA but our big players let us down in that match. 3 draws in the circumstances wouldn't have been too bad so you could argue it was only 2 dropped points. The apportionment of blame also goes beyond the manager sometimes.

Of

When you throw on ameobis over HBA and come out with less than three points, I`d say the manager is to blame.

Confident we would have gotten 3 points from Swansea had HBA been subbed on at 50-60 mins..

Of course he's 'to blame'. He's also 'to be credited' when he picks teams that win. 30 points just shy of half way through the season is reason to credit him, particularly as you're so keen to point out how shit the players he has at his disposal are by and large.

HBA will turn certain games and I love it when he's firing on all cylinders but he isn't so effective that he would've automatically won you any game he didnt figure in. It gets a bit boring hearing it after a bit.

I dont see how Pardew is to blame for lack of defensive cover for Norwich and WBA are in fine form taking points off city etc. Swansea was a missed opportunity and we maybe should have got a draw against WBA but our big players let us down in that match. 3 draws in the circumstances wouldn't have been too bad so you could argue it was only 2 dropped points. The apportionment of blame also goes beyond the manager sometimes.

Given when the injuries hit, that sequence of games we were all looking forward to thinking we should take a hefty points total instantly became forfeit as far as I was concerned. You knew we were going to lose to Norwich (been watching Newcastle 30 years and any Toon team would have gone there and lost that one on the back of the shock to the system at Chelsea, even back in the days when we threw money about). Swansea was the opportunity to bounce back quickly that went begging-the real missed opportunity as you say. WBA I hoped we'd get it back on track but I wasn't massively surprised we didn't as they'd hit a bit of form. That being the case, for me Bolton away was another one where we could very easily have rolled over again and gone into the Liverpool game in a serious rut. But we didn't, we stopped it becoming a total holocaust of a month and at least gave some confidence to go to Anfield with.

It could have gone better but it could have gone worse and I'm with you basically, it's hardly Pardew's fault we've got no defensive cover. In fact everyone said we were playing above ourselves (which we definitely had been) so in the circumstances when the injuries hit, the 'balance' was upset, the cover was non-existent we all knew defeats were in the offing. Well the injuries happened and yet lo and behold he still gets panned for it.

Guest CabayeAye

We should have taken 9 points from Swansea-WBA-Norwich. Before those games, we could all see that Pardew was picking the wrong players. I think if HBA had started those games with Sammy rather than Best/Obertan, we'd have performed much better.