José Enrique

Baggio

Personally don't think we battered Swansea like. I can barely remember us creating any real chances or their keeping having to do much. Not like say the Blackpool game at home last season.

Yeah I'm not sure "battered" s the right word.

What I will say is that they did almost nothing and were clearly happy to leave with a point. We had more of the ball, more shots, more chances but only 2 or 3 of those chances were clearcut goalscoring ones and I think it was 2 of them that hit the woodwork. It's not like we were constantly shooting at their goal.

End of the day it doesn't matter whether you dominate a team or not - if you don't score you don't win. The Swansea result frustrated me a lot, but our lot have only themselves to blame for not getting more out of it.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Norwich away, we NEEDED more height through the team in an attempt to defend their corners, that's why Shola had to be on the pitch. And shock horror, he played well. Pardew was tactically sound, I thought, he did the best he could knowing that Norwich were going to exploit our deficincies. They played well, we didn't play terribly, personnel let us down.

Shock horror, he didn't play well defensively on set-pieces. Why couldn't he play Kadar and Ben-Arfa?

Leaving Perch and Simpson together at CB was a very poor decision against two big-ass Norwich meatballs upfront. Complete lack of judgment on forehand, Paul Lambert WAS smarter than Pardew.

Edited by Aeris

Bolton away, first half we played right into their hands but Pardew saw the space in and around their box, brought Ben Arfa on and we took the lead by exploiting that space. Then, he made Obertan get more direct at the weak Robinson and he set up the second. Sound away performance and exactly what we needed, 3 points, good win, back on the bus.

You almost make it sound like it was ok that he started Best and Obertan after their complete and utter shite performance lately. I give Obertan credit for the assist he did, but that's about it...Bolton sporting the weakest left-back in PL should've been known on forehand.

I give up. Kadar's not played a first team game since 2009 and had a bad injury since then and you want him starting straight away. Put Football Manager down.

Battered was wrong word for Swansea but to suggest we were anything other than the clearly superior team in that match is revisionism to suit your argument.

Also, defensive frailities at Swansea were due to having to play two full-backs at centre-half. An unfit (and untested) Kadar wouldn't have aided that. Any sort of physical presence would have improved it substantially. If you had even less height in the team in that game, it would have been a write-off from the start. A point was the best we could have hoped for out of that game with the problems we had and we still scored twice. With even Williamson there to step in, I imagine we might have got something.

Who else was supposed to play against Norwich like? Don't say Kadar because that would have been daft.

Who else was supposed to play against Norwich like? Don't say Kadar because that would have been daft.

Steve Harper?... I don't understand why you accept the neglection of a perfectly fine centre half which had a fine pre-season spell, but understands and fully support the inclusion of someone like Leon Best and James Perch in the same sentence.

Still think Kadar could have been given a go (even just bench duty) against Norwich. Pardew has his reasons for not giving him a shot.

I can't trust he does... I mean he watches Best week in and week out, but still finds him interesting...

I don't support the inclusion of James Perch and Leon Best as starters and this is where you're struggling to grasp the finer points of the arguments. You're taking very specfic circumstances regarding team selection and adding your broader preferences to it. I'd love it if Kadar was going to be a fine centre-half but really, it all points to him not being one. Perch is at least a player who has played fairly often and when he came in, he did a job tbh to the bloke and he was at least in tune with the challenge on offer in the PL. Kadar is obviously not good enough or not applying himself in training.

As for Best, I don't know what he's done that's so wrong this season other than not be named Hatem Ben Arfa. Scored a few goals (especially goals when Ba wasn't scoring) and like it or not, he's a right pain in the arse for defenders to deal with, on workrate and application alone. Ben Arfa is clearly the stronger player but again, you would rather see him play simply because he's Ben Arfa with no consideration of opposition and fitness and how the two can affect each other, and his recovery. He looks to be fit now so aye, start him but the lack of patience is pathetic from the fanbase atm.

Best's been a part of our excellent and very pleasantly surprising start, especially in the early stages against Fulham and Villa and who's to credit for getting players like Ryan Taylor and Leon Best to be good components of this start? You can take your time with that one.

I don't support the inclusion of James Perch and Leon Best as starters and this is where you're struggling to grasp the finer points of the arguments. You're taking very specfic circumstances regarding team selection and adding your broader preferences to it. I'd love it if Kadar was going to be a fine centre-half but really, it all points to him not being one. Perch is at least a player who has played fairly often and when he came in, he did a job tbh to the bloke and he was at least in tune with the challenge on offer in the PL. Kadar is obviously not good enough or not applying himself in training.

As for Best, I don't know what he's done that's so wrong this season other than not be named Hatem Ben Arfa. Scored a few goals (especially goals when Ba wasn't scoring) and like it or not, he's a right pain in the arse for defenders to deal with, on workrate and application alone. Ben Arfa is clearly the stronger player but again, you would rather see him play simply because he's Ben Arfa with no consideration of opposition and fitness and how the two can affect each other, and his recovery. He looks to be fit now so aye, start him but the lack of patience is pathetic from the fanbase atm.

Best's been a part of our excellent and very pleasantly surprising start, especially in the early stages against Fulham and Villa and who's to credit for getting players like Ryan Taylor and Leon Best to be good components of this start? You can take your time with that one.

Spot on.

Guest CabayeAye

AH - you can try and rationalise your agument in long posts as much as you want, the bottim line is Perch, Obertan and Best are shite and should not play in ANY system ahead of other players. Leaving HBA on the bench behind Best and Obertan is a massive error and has cost us points. End of story. Losing to WBA at home and Norwich and not beating Swansea is not good enough. And Pardew is to blame. He's like Haig during WWI. If it didn't work the first 17 times, try try again...

AH - you can try and rationalise your agument in long posts as much as you want, the bottim line is Perch, Obertan and Best are shite and should not play in ANY system ahead of other players. Leaving HBA on the bench behind Best and Obertan is a massive error and has cost us points. End of story. Losing to WBA at home and Norwich and not beating Swansea is not good enough. And Pardew is to blame. He's like Haig during WWI. If it didn't work the first 17 times, try try again...

:lol:

You prove anything with "facts".

AH wins, again.

Spot on.

Plus 1

It would be Pardew's fault we don't have back-up for Ben Arfa.

You're a hater but you provide no facts whatsoever to back up your arguement. that's not what I asked though. You didn't answer the question. You would blame him for playing him too early and him getting injured because of it. So what do you want from him? I can just imagine you're one of the disgraceful fans who boo Obertan at the home games.

I haven't been blaming anyone for any injury tbh shit happens, and who says Ben Arfa hasn't been fully fit...he's been on the bench hasn't he? I honestly wouldn't go to a game where Obertan played, since I'm from Norway that wouldn't be worth the flight.

I haven't been blaming anyone for any injury tbh shit happens, and who says Ben Arfa hasn't been fully fit...he's been on the bench hasn't he? I honestly wouldn't go to a game where Obertan played, since I'm from Norway that wouldn't be worth the flight.

Ben Arfa did.