José Enrique

Baggio

This is great stuff. Two defenders confirmed in a day. One a Spanish U21 international, whose club REALLY don't want him sold, and a CL level Centre half with bags of experience.

Get in.

You could imagine Wenger making this type of signing

That's exactly what i was thinking, really hope it comes off.

You also couldn't imagine Roeder, Souness and Fat Fred making a signing like this even at gun point being told to do so!

Souness did sign Luque! :lol:

He didn't want to though. Our beloved chairman signed him as soon as Depo offered him to clubs (to stop Barca or Real getting him).

I heard that aswell from a very good source, seems the whole "mate of Souness" thing was a smokescreen at the time. Don't let leazes/htl/ne5 hear that though ;)

Souness did sign Luque! :lol:

He didn't want to though. Our beloved chairman signed him as soon as Depo offered him to clubs (to stop Barca or Real getting him).

I heard that aswell from a very good source, seems the whole "mate of Souness" thing was a smokescreen at the time. Don't let leazes/htl/ne5 hear that though ;)

It was certainly the story coming from Spain at the time, and backed up by my ITK source, who said we were signing Smith :blush:

ive not been this happy since i last had a top chinese meal lol bout a month ago..... looking forward to the season now, highly optomistic which isn't what i should be as we haven't got as much quality as other teams like spurs and co. But nevertheless chuffed with today's dealings

Biography

José Enrique Sánchez Díaz has arrived from Valencia CF –before was loaned at Celta Vigo- and he’s a talented young with a big physical condition he’ll surely culminate at Villarreal. This left-back is good defensively and going forward on his side, and also been international at Under-21 Spanish National Team.

tn_1164191236.JPG

Sweeping (and pissed) generalisation but I'd expect someone with bushy eyebrows, dodgy tash and a goatee to be a dirt cunt no?

(Sorry Cath)

SAM Allardyce still hopes to make another three signings before the close of the transfer window as Newcastle United finally made two crucial breakthroughs yesterday.

Newcastle’s manager was able to welcome Alan Smith and Brazilian international Claudio Caçapa from Lyon as his patience finally paid off. Both players – who have cost a combined £9m in fees and wages – are expected to make their Newcastle debuts against Sampdoria at St James’s Park tomorrow.

And Allardyce, who admitted last week he was becoming increasingly worried by the lack of new arrivals, has instantly targeted another three players, with Villareal’s 21-year-old left-back Jose Enrique due on Tyneside next week to finalise a five-year-contract.

After talks with chairman Chris Mort on Monday Allardyce hinted he could be about to make his biggest signing yet at St James’s Park. He said: “I’m still about three players away. Don’t forget I’ve always wanted four, so if Kieron goes out and Alan comes in, I haven’t got one extra. I’ve just got a replacement for one, so I still need four. I was good at maths at school.

“If Claudio comes in that’s one of them and three to go. The availability of quality players is limited, the prices are huge, so we’ll have to keep competing as best we can at that level to bring them in. In the end, if I spend big money on two rather than medium money on three, if that’s the opportunity I get, I might do that. But at the moment strength in depth is lacking.”

For now, though, Allardyce is happy to discuss what his latest recruits would bring to the squad after admitting some people might be surprised with his decision to land Smith. He said: “It’s been a good 24 hours with Alan and Claudio signing. They are two crucial players. People might be surprised I’ve gone for Alan Smith but when you get a quality player of his calibre available in the market, I just couldn’t turn my back on it.

“He’ll be tremendous for the club, he’ll prove that over the next four or five years and he’s a very versatile player. His only reason for leaving Old Trafford was a lack of games. He wants to play football, not be paid well and not play. That’s one of the reasons why I signed him.”

Enrique, who is regarded as one of the most promising youngsters, is reported to be ready for a £4m switch, with the player’s imminent arrival likely to signal the end of United’s interest in Wigan’s Leighton Baines.

However, there was some bad news for United yesterday when Allardyce confirmed fears Michael Owen was likely to miss the start of the season with a thigh strain.

Allardyce said: “It doesn’t look as encouraging as we first thought. The tear in the muscle hasn’t healed as quickly as we would like, so there’s no point in making any rash decisions just to get him fit.”

Meanwhile, reserve keeper Tim Krul has joined Falkirk on loan until January .

2FC1EED9-A7B6-7392-05E896D7F6EBBD76.jpg

SAM Allardyce still hopes to make another three signings before the close of the transfer window as Newcastle United finally made two crucial breakthroughs yesterday.

Newcastle’s manager was able to welcome Alan Smith and Brazilian international Claudio Caçapa from Lyon as his patience finally paid off. Both players – who have cost a combined £9m in fees and wages – are expected to make their Newcastle debuts against Sampdoria at St James’s Park tomorrow.

And Allardyce, who admitted last week he was becoming increasingly worried by the lack of new arrivals, has instantly targeted another three players, with Villareal’s 21-year-old left-back Jose Enrique due on Tyneside next week to finalise a five-year-contract.

After talks with chairman Chris Mort on Monday Allardyce hinted he could be about to make his biggest signing yet at St James’s Park. He said: “I’m still about three players away. Don’t forget I’ve always wanted four, so if Kieron goes out and Alan comes in, I haven’t got one extra. I’ve just got a replacement for one, so I still need four. I was good at maths at school.

“If Claudio comes in that’s one of them and three to go. The availability of quality players is limited, the prices are huge, so we’ll have to keep competing as best we can at that level to bring them in. In the end, if I spend big money on two rather than medium money on three, if that’s the opportunity I get, I might do that. But at the moment strength in depth is lacking.”

For now, though, Allardyce is happy to discuss what his latest recruits would bring to the squad after admitting some people might be surprised with his decision to land Smith. He said: “It’s been a good 24 hours with Alan and Claudio signing. They are two crucial players. People might be surprised I’ve gone for Alan Smith but when you get a quality player of his calibre available in the market, I just couldn’t turn my back on it.

“He’ll be tremendous for the club, he’ll prove that over the next four or five years and he’s a very versatile player. His only reason for leaving Old Trafford was a lack of games. He wants to play football, not be paid well and not play. That’s one of the reasons why I signed him.”

Enrique, who is regarded as one of the most promising youngsters, is reported to be ready for a £4m switch, with the player’s imminent arrival likely to signal the end of United’s interest in Wigan’s Leighton Baines.

However, there was some bad news for United yesterday when Allardyce confirmed fears Michael Owen was likely to miss the start of the season with a thigh strain.

Allardyce said: “It doesn’t look as encouraging as we first thought. The tear in the muscle hasn’t healed as quickly as we would like, so there’s no point in making any rash decisions just to get him fit.”

Meanwhile, reserve keeper Tim Krul has joined Falkirk on loan until January .

2FC1EED9-A7B6-7392-05E896D7F6EBBD76.jpg

Is Deco still rumoured?

Has Enrique signing been confirmed by us yet?