José Enrique

Baggio

Luque looking after him is a good idea imo. It will hopefully mean he does not have to go through the same sort of settling in shock luque did. They can stick together and look after each other. Might even bring Luque out a bit.

Not sure I can agree with that!

Luque may well be soured by his stay at Newcastle and if so could have a bad influence on the new kid on the block.

I think Solano would be much better for the new boy. Nobby may be from Peru but they both hablar espanol and Nobby knows all about settling in at Newcastle and living among the Geordies.

Luque looking after him is a good idea imo. It will hopefully mean he does not have to go through the same sort of settling in shock luque did. They can stick together and look after each other. Might even bring Luque out a bit.

Luque may well be soured by his stay at Newcastle and if so could have a bad influence on the new kid on the block.

I think Solano would be much better for the new boy. Nobby may be from Peru but they both hablar espanol and Nobby knows all about settling in at Newcastle and living among the Geordies.

I know what you mean and it's a valid point. I think he mentions nobby as well before singling out Luque. I think BS will have had a word with Luque about his time here and how maybe the club could have helped him settle better. Luque and Enrique are of not too dissimilar ages (bigger gap between him and Nobby) and are both Spanish. I'm sure Nobby will be involved but I think the job naturally falls to Luque.

I'm hoping he hasn't been too soured by his time here. I think BS will have talked to him at length and the fact he's not up for sale tells me he's not beyond rescue. He seems to be having a canny pre season and he seems happier by all accounts.

It's obvious things have changed as far as Luque is concerned and his view of the club is probably alot more positive under the new regime so i'm not too worried about that. Solano is one of the few foriegn players that have came in recent years and settled in with no problems what so ever so having him talk to the kid will be great. He's a better ambassador than that twat who dishes out Ferrero Rocher's

Guest Patrokles

Personally I say credit to Luque, who clearly isn't out to fuck up Enrique's time on Tyneside. You can tell from the Luque quotes earlier today that he's had a lot good to say about the club, and I think that- despite all of his problems- speaks volumes for him in some respects.

Luque was brought here by a manager who never wanted him and therefore rarely played him and fucked his confidence up well and truly. Then was dealt with by a manager who didn't have a clue.

The fact that he's still at the club and never demanded a move is a credit to him and I reckon he does want to prove his critics wrong. Needs to work on his positioning but I think Sam could well get the best out of him and bringing another Spaniard to the club will only serve to help him.

Jose Will Be "Great" For Toon Says Albert

By Craig Hope

ALBERT Luque has welcomed the arrival of fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique to St.James' Park and has told supporters the Magpies have signed a "great" player.

The Under-21 international penned a five-year deal at Gallowgate on Monday, joining from La Liga outfit Villarreal in a 9.3 million euros deal.

And Luque believes the Geordie fans will take to a player who is famed for his no-nonsense defending, an approach which has earned him the nickname 'The Bull' in his homeland.

The former Deportivo star said: "He is a young, exciting player and I know he had a very good season with Villarreal last year.

"I think he will be an excellent signing for Newcastle and will become a great player.

"He's a powerful, quick player who will be suited to this league and I'm looking forward to playing with another Spaniard."

Luque admits he spoke with Jose before the young defender clinched his move to Tyneside, and says now that he has arrived will do all he can to help his fellow countryman settle in the North East.

"I spoke with him for one hour about Newcastle and told him all about the Club and the Premier League," he added.

"I will do all I can to help him to settle in the area and I think Newcastle fans will like Jose."

from .cock

Edited by Greg

Jose Will Be "Great" For Toon Says Albert

By Craig Hope

ALBERT Luque has welcomed the arrival of fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique to St.James' Park and has told supporters the Magpies have signed a "great" player.

The Under-21 international penned a five-year deal at Gallowgate on Monday, joining from La Liga outfit Villarreal in a 9.3 million euros deal.

And Luque believes the Geordie fans will take to a player who is famed for his no-nonsense defending, an approach which has earned him the nickname 'The Bull' in his homeland.

The former Deportivo star said: "He is a young, exciting player and I know he had a very good season with Villarreal last year.

"I think he will be an excellent signing for Newcastle and will become a great player.

"He's a powerful, quick player who will be suited to this league and I'm looking forward to playing with another Spaniard."

Luque admits he spoke with Jose before the young defender clinched his move to Tyneside, and says now that he has arrived will do all he can to help his fellow countryman settle in the North East.

"I spoke with him for one hour about Newcastle and told him all about the Club and the Premier League," he added.

"I will do all I can to help him to settle in the area and I think Newcastle fans will like Jose."

from .cock

Either Luque told him good things or Enrique really wanted to sign :icon_lol:

Guest James_coDurham

Luque's a top lad imo. I know if I'd taken the amount of stick that he has, I'd tell you all to get fucked :icon_lol:

Luque's a top lad imo. I know if I'd taken the amount of stick that he has, I'd tell you all to get fucked :icon_lol:

He got a lot of stick on t'internet, but apart from it? I am amazed how supportive people have been in the stadium, both last season and now again. He got a huge special cheer from a lot when his name was announced at the friendlies. He really can't complain imho.

Luque's a top lad imo. I know if I'd taken the amount of stick that he has, I'd tell you all to get fucked :lol:

He got a lot of stick on t'internet, but apart from it? I am amazed how supportive people have been in the stadium, both last season and now again. He got a huge special cheer from a lot when his name was announced at the friendlies. He really can't complain imho.

Spot on. He's had next to no stick at matches.

anybody got any youtube or dailymotion video of him? ive never seen him play and want to see what hes like!

its damn hard finding a compilation for a defender though

If you put Zaragoza v Villareal inyo youtube you can see footage of D'Alessandro going past him.

Guest Patrokles
YOUTBE TASTIC OMG!!11

CLICK ME ROFLMAO

IGLESIAS FTW

:lol:

i hope hes not going to be trying to nutmeg players all the time rather than concentrate on defending

We've signed D'alessandro to play at the back?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=375731

Goal.com Profile: José Enrique

Newcastle United's capture of José Enrique from Villarreal raised a few eyebrows outside of Spain as football fans everywhere wondered why Sam Allardyce had opted to pay €10m for a relatively unknown defender.

Goal.com continues its' series of player profiles and looks to explain why the Magpies are so delighted to have bought the former Levante full-back.

THE EARLY YEARS

José Enrique took just one season to earn his big break. After rising through the ranks at Levante, he spent one year in the Granotes' first team making 19 appearances and scoring one goal in la Segunda A during the 2004-05 campaign. Aged just 19, his displays that term earned him a move to his hometown club of Valencia when los Ché had a bid of €600,000 accepted by Levante. The move was not the dream that he had hoped for as Valencia decided to immedicately loan him out to Celta Vigo for the following season. He seized the chance of regular football in the top flight and earned himself his escond transfer in 12 months.

HEADING UPWARDS

At Celta, he showed his potential and, despite his young age, became a regular in the side at left-back, appearing 14 times for the Celestes and, again, scoring one goal, as his stock continued to rise. Hopeful that his performances had meant that Valencia would make him part of their squad last summer, the defender was surprised by los Ché once again as Quique Sánchez Flores allowed him to leave to join neighbours Villarreal without ever giving him a chance to prove himself at Mestalla. The Yellow Submarine coach wanted him as back-up to the experienced Rodolfo Arruabarrena, but so impressed was his new coach that José Enrique became first choice and played 23 times for his new side last term.

ANOTHER IMPRESSIVE YEAR

His displays at club level earned José Enrique a call-up to the Spain Under-21 side, with many of the same players that had played in the Under-20 World Championhips together in 2005. So impressed was the Spanish first team coach, Luis Aragonés, that it appeared that the 21-year-old would be named in the squad for a Euro 2008 qualifier against Denmark last season. In the end he missed the cut, but has been tipped as a future regular in the national side. Joan Capdevila is the current holder of the left-back spot for Spain and, oddly enough, it is he that Villarreal have signed to replace the departing José Enrique.

UNQUESTIONABLE ABILITY

José Enrique is a left-back who has great technical ability and a lot of pace. Standing at 1.84m tall, he started his career in the centre of the back four, but proved himself as a full-back early on and has remained there ever since. He likes to push forward when required and troubles midfielders and opposition defenders with his speed when helping to build attacks. Although he may not have the greatest positional sense at the back, his quick reactions allow him to rectify any problems. The Premiership will take some adapting to and only after a few months with Newcastle will a real judgement be able to be given.

DID YOU KNOW?

Towards the end of his first season at the highest level, José Enrique caused friction between Levante and Valencia. Los Ché were keen to sign him and made direct contact with the player without first speaking to the Levante board or president. When the Granotas discovered what had been happening they threatened to end all relations with their city neighbours. The dispute was resolved when the two clubs' presidents met and negotiated a €600,000 deal and slowly things began to return to normality between the two sides.

Howay Enrique :lol:

Although he may not have the greatest positional sense at the back, his quick reactions allow him to rectify any problems.

That line there is bollocks. One of his best strengths is his positional sense!

Well I think Big Sam has spent more with us all ready than he did at his whole time at bolton. :lol:

Think this buy is his biggest gamble of the summer so far though, but I hope he does well for us. He seems young and strong.

thing is, if this is his only gamble I'm totally happy with the summer signings, the best managers in the world still make the odd mistake in the transfer market.

bollocks, I'm not used to feeling this amount of optimism for the season.

good manager, fresh new squad, a distinct turnaround throughout every facet of the club.

If Jeremy Beadle is about he can come out now, I've sussed him... come on you freaky little bearded man show yourself! :lol:

Although he may not have the greatest positional sense at the back, his quick reactions allow him to rectify any problems.

That line there is bollocks. One of his best strengths is his positional sense!

fair enough but is luque a winger or a centre forward?

Edited by Dr Gloom