José Enrique

Baggio

"Jose is improving with every game. You have got to remember, he has to learn the language - we have got a back four where only Steven Taylor speaks English," said Keegan.

So he communicates to the others by **breathing**

:lol:

Looks like he has sign language down fine with all the hand gestures he has.

• 3 weeks later...
Isn't that J69?!

:blink:

Enrique is extremely highly rated in Spain. I know I spoke highly of Luque, but if we manage to pull this transfer off I'll be over the moon.

Thats him fucked, might as well send him straight back now whilst we can get something for him :P

ITK my rectum

Might bump this.

Have to thank Big Sam for the two full-backs in the very least. I hope he'll be taking crash course English over the summer as that could add another 10% to his game. I'm not sure about his pace, he appears slow at certain times to me, but that could just be deceptive due to his running style?!

Enrique's played well recently and has improved as the season's gone on - in fact I never thought he was too bad in the first place. Still think we need a better left-back if we want a really solid defence next season though.

Guest Patrokles
Have to thank Big Sam for the two full-backs in the very least. I hope he'll be taking crash course English over the summer as that could add another 10% to his game. I'm not sure about his pace, he appears slow at certain times to me, but that could just be deceptive due to his running style?!

Looks pretty quick to me when he's going forward.

• 3 months later...

Duno if this has already been mentioned today but im assuming nobody really rates him as both allardyce and keegan choose to play N'Zogbia at LB instead of him. Pretty sure there will be a new LB coming in this week and you may well see Enrique packing his bags

I heard he's had a knock recently so maybe they decided not to risk it, we will have to see if he starts next saturday. however, i think it's no secret KK wants another left-back in and i'd imagine we'll step up our pursuit this week.

Aye especially away from home against the top teams.

The Zog should be on the left wing or through the middle in place of Duff imo.

Bit unfair seen as Duff played reasonably well today.

for me with the squad as it stands he's first choice at left back. Injuries permitting of course.

the zog looked very vulnerable defensively and did not use the ball at all well. enrique is better at that than him but doesn't have his speed.

I liked the fella - hasn't been given much of a chance, so you can expect him to make the odd mistake - but that said, Zog makes a lot more mistakes.

Hes a lot more comfortable on the ball though, enrique seemed to have a habbit of simply punting it up the field

Duno if this has already been mentioned today but im assuming nobody really rates him as both allardyce and keegan choose to play N'Zogbia at LB instead of him. Pretty sure there will be a new LB coming in this week and you may well see Enrique packing his bags

He played 13 games from possible 16 under Keegan last season.

I don't think the fact Keegan didn't choose him today, means he doesn't rate him at all.

I think between him and Zog, he offers a little more at the back, while Zog offers a lot more going forward. Neither are ideal at LB at the moment and while Id keep him, Id like to see another LB come in.

Keegans has on more than one occassion in the press staed that he rates Enrique but wants another LB to compete/challenge him. Also he;s said they thought he came back from preseason having lost too much weight so maybe they'll ease him back in.

But i wil be annoyed if they play Zog there ahead of him as Enrique is a good LB and Zog is a player who talented as he is, is way out of position in defence.

He did look like he lost a lot of weight - but I had read that he was told to do so (funny though, I don't think he was ever what I would consider overweight).

He's a much better defender than N'Zogbia, but I get the feeling that they just want to fit N'Zogbia into the team. He is very good going forward, but he made a few mistakes that could have been extremely costly in the match (and you could say his marking for the goal was poor). I'd play Enrique there against Bolton, and move N'Zogbia up into left wing forward or to the bench (depending on the availability of a second forward for that match).