José Enrique

Baggio

Hope this isn't true. He doesn't seem the type to pickup I juries in training, not serious ones anyway.

If it is then Ferguson looks a decent attacking left back, and Kadar is a good solid defender who should be comfortable on be left. Neither a patch on Jose though!

Just did a Google news search and could find naught on this.

Sooooo hope this isn't true.

It was doing the rounds before the game on Saturday, then he played - so question answered.

Edited by sammynb

• 2 months later...
Speculation that Fergie is interested for £6m.

Hmm, interesting one if true. Wonder what would happen with Evra.

More than likely bollocks. Really just wanted to bump this thread as we need a big game out of him on saturday.

6 million, having a laugh.

If we tried to slot Perch in there for him we'd be a good shot at relegation.

Interesting reading back through this thread. Enrique was apparently a sprinter before deciding to concentrate entirely on football.

Speculation that Fergie is interested for £6m.

From a website called The Transfer Tavern whose motto is.....

The latest Premiership, Championship, European and International football transfer rumours.

All the news and views that are fit to print plus some fairly spurious fun stuff

Now they've either got info that none of the top journos have or........

And, it's only my opinion, but I think Enrique is woeful.

He was shocking in the Premier League and can barely cope at this level, though I will admit that he has had one or two flashes of competence this season.

He just can't pass a ball or pick up a man.

Sweet Jesus H Christ on a bike weeping.

Enrique is one of the 'unsung; (by the tabloids) heroes of this season, and for his age, his improvement rate - and the alternative we'd have left (perch) he is definitely as much a keeper as Tiote, Barton and Caroll

Enrique is one of the 'unsung; (by the tabloids) heroes of this season, and for his age, his improvement rate - and the alternative we'd have left (perch) he is definitely as much a keeper as Tiote, Barton and Caroll

He does get his fair share of praise on Sky tbf.

Easily one of the best left backs in the league tbh.

my worry is it's just be a matter of time until one of the top clubs start circling. he seems to love the area though so who knows. he might stay and become a club legend.

Easily one of the best left backs in the league tbh.

my worry is it's just be a matter of time until one of the top clubs start circling. he seems to love the area though so who knows. he might stay and become a club legend.

They need to get him tied into a new contract ASAP, from the bits and pieces I've seen of what hes said in papers and stuff he seems pretty happy with us, hes only gonna get better aswell you would think.

They need to get him tied into a new contract ASAP, from the bits and pieces I've seen of what hes said in papers and stuff he seems pretty happy with us, hes only gonna get better aswell you would think.

For sure. The vultures will start circling at the end of the season otherwise as he'll then have only a year to run.

For sure. The vultures will start circling at the end of the season otherwise as he'll then have only a year to run.

Which means that his best selling price will be in this or the next window.

From when he signed to now, he must be one of the most improved players in the league. His strength now compared to a couple of years ago is astounding. I feel he was one of the main benefactors of the season in the Championship. It toughened him up and helped restore his confidence, which has carried into this season. Also, Jonas really helps his game, their understanding is second to none.

Losing him would be devastating given the fact that Perch is our only alternative at left full.

From when he signed to now, he must be one of the most improved players in the league. His strength now compared to a couple of years ago is astounding. I feel he was one of the main benefactors of the season in the Championship. It toughened him up and helped restore his confidence, which has carried into this season. Also, Jonas really helps his game, their understanding is second to none.

Losing him would be devastating given the fact that Perch is our only alternative at left full.

Well theres Shane Ferguson I suppose but hes still untested. One for the future though it would seem.

Tamas Kadar should be an alternative as well, except he's injured at the moment. Back from his 1 month loan as a result.

Enrique wasn't bad in his first couple of season here IMO. Took a long while to get a regular run in the side under Allardyce in his first season, with N'Zogbia often used there instead. Was decent in his second, but was playing alongside a defense with shattered confidence behind a laughably bad central midfield.

No doubt though his confidence, ability on the ball and his distribution have improved a lot through the season in the championship. He always had the makings o an excellent defender and was quick and strong from the get-go.