José Enrique

Baggio

Sham, JFK and even KK tried to accomodate Duff and N'zogbia in the same side, or leave him out when we played three up front. Its worked out in the end from Jose's point of view but I thought he looked a decent enough prospect the games he did play. If we sold this lad for about £6M it would be like giving him away. We simply must keep this lad, he is the best left back we've had in my time, him and Bez going forward are close, although Jose shades him, and defending Jose is well ahead.

I always rated Jose and stuck up for him on NO when he was getting bashed by some idiot bastards. During his first season the team was in disarray, we had no unity or team spirit and there was no movement in the team for Enrique to play off. Any young player coming to a different country is going to struggle in those circumstances. He has definitely improved and become more consistent, but he was never complete shite and has only had a few real shitters for us, imo. It's a pleasure to watch him and I hope we get another few years out of him if he is going to leave. If it were up to me I'd give him a mega long-term contract.

And 2 I wasn't sure if they'd get contracts as they're no doubt earning a very decent wedge.

Fat Sam did something right with those 2. Took a while for Barton to prove it though, we got the end of last season and all of this season out of him.

And 2 I wasn't sure if they'd get contracts as they're no doubt earning a very decent wedge.

Fat Sam did something right with those 2. Took a while for Barton to prove it though, we got the end of last season and all of this season out of him.

In a way I admire Barton's honesty and determination to put things things right after we stuck by him when many clubs wouldn't have.

He owed the club and the fans in particular such a lot and I appreciate how he is well aware of this.

Edited by Tecato

He won't go to Man U, Evra is one of the only left backs in this league that's better then him.

Aye but he's close to 30 now, and Man Utd are one of those clubs that plan ahead.

I think Enrique displays an abundance of talent in many ways as a defender but, ......... I don't recall him showing his ability to put in that last ditch, necessary, right thing to do, sliding tackle that real good defenders can and will do.

I guess being an old-timer, perfectly executed sliding tackles impress me and I expect to see them when called for. Most of my playing days were spent defending, first in midfield then at the back as I got older and slower. There are times I see Enrique bearing down on an opponent and it seems like like now is the time to slide but he never does.

Now I'm not faulting anyone who stands on their feet all the time, more power to them, but I would just like Enrique to show me he has all the tools.

As a boy, and I remember it well, being told if you don't get the ball, get the man. :D

I think Enrique displays an abundance of talent in many ways as a defender but, ......... I don't recall him showing his ability to put in that last ditch, necessary, right thing to do, sliding tackle that real good defenders can and will do.

I guess being an old-timer, perfectly executed sliding tackles impress me and I expect to see them when called for. Most of my playing days were spent defending, first in midfield then at the back as I got older and slower. There are times I see Enrique bearing down on an opponent and it seems like like now is the time to slide but he never does.

Now I'm not faulting anyone who stands on their feet all the time, more power to them, but I would just like Enrique to show me he has all the tools.

As a boy, and I remember it well, being told if you don't get the ball, get the man. :D

Probably because he has enough pace and ability to not get exposed to the extent where a last ditch tackle is necessary. Christ.

First game of the season that I really dont feel that confident about. :icon_lol: However I'll wait til tomorrow before posting my match-day prediction to see if I wake up in my usual optimistic mode.

You were confident about us playing Man Utd at Old Trafford in our first match back?

Probably considering the last time we played them there it was a canny little 1-1. But regardless, the give-away was in the first statement. :D

I've bolded it for ya. :suicide:

talksport

AC Milan are weighing up a shock bid for Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique, according to reports in Italy.

The 25-year-old has been highly impressive since his side’s return to the Premier League and Alan Pardew is set to offer the Spaniard a bumper new deal.

But the Magpies now face a battle to hold on to Enrique with Italian giants AC preparing to table a bid, claims La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is desperate to land a left-back this month and wants either Enrique or Bayern Munich's Diego Contento, says the report.

Manchester United are also said to be considering a move for Enrique should Patrice Evra quit Old Trafford in the summer.

Chronicle yesterday:

With Joey Barton the next player in line to sign a new deal with the Magpies, the emphasis will then turn on Jose Enrique, Jonas and Coloccini to commit their futures to the club, with the Spaniard out of contract next year and the Argentine duo a year later.

Jonas said: “We (he and Colo) both want to stay.

“The club are focusing on what they want to do and that is to make a good team.

JOSE ENRIQUE is expected to be the next big name to commit his future to Newcastle United.

The Spanish left-back has impressed greatly this season United’s return to the Premier League and wants to stay on board at St James’ Park.

Ex-La Liga ace Enrique’s current deal is due to expire in June 2012, and the player has courted interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich during the January transfer window.

However, like Andy Carroll, Joey Barton, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger, Enrique is keen to stay on Tyneside.

The player stuck with the Magpies after relegation and stated his desire to ensure that Newcastle fought back to win their Premier League place.

And having done that last term, when he was many people’s pick for player of the season, Enrique has followed it up by living up to the reputation that resulted in him being nicknamed “The Bull” in La Liga during his Villarreal years.

Enrique has often spoken of his wish to remain at Newcastle.

And he has said this season: “I am very happy here – the future can be very good.

“We don’t look too much at the position in the table – we just need to get the wins we need to keep climbing.

“Once we are safe we will talk about other things.

“But I enjoy being part of this team.

“We often go out for dinner as a team and this shows that everybody is together as one.”

United boss Alan Pardew has always maintained that he wanted to keep his “good ‘uns” rather than take his eye off the ball and focus on bringing new faces in.

And, having secured the signatures of Carroll, Barton and Taylor, tying down Enrique would also be seen as a real coup by Toon punters.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...l#ixzz1Cck1VZ9a

• 2 weeks later...

I know he's done really well for us, but this season I think he's finding it tougher and tougher.

We all know he can sprint and then guard the ball while he turns and comes out of defence, but the rest of his game doesnt really seem to have grown.

Very rarely do you see him going in with a sliding tackle a la Barton.

His attacking game has nearly disappeared, however I lay the blame for that with the poor form of Jonas, more than just Enriques fault. Think he's almost scared to make the runs down to the bye line as he knows that more often than not, Jonas will lose possession.

I appreciate he gets lots of love for his contributions to facebook, but anyone got an objective view on how they think he's developed so far.

Edited by Christmas Tree

you're just a blatant wind up merchant aren't you? we'd be fucked without him - one of our best players and our only genuine left back.

Maybe the question was too complicated for you. :lol:

I didnt say he wasnt one of our best players I was talking about whether he is improving, stagnating or going backward.

If you havent got an opinion then fine, but dont turn a straight forward question into a girly squabble ffs. :lol:

I know he's done really well for us, but this season I think he's finding it tougher and tougher.

We all know he can sprint and then guard the ball while he turns and comes out of defence, but the rest of his game doesnt really seem to have grown.

Very rarely do you see him going in with a sliding tackle a la Barton.

His attacking game has nearly disappeared, however I lay the blame for that with the poor form of Jonas, more than just Enriques fault. Think he's almost scared to make the runs down to the bye line as he knows that more often than not, Jonas will lose possession.

I appreciate he gets lots of love for his contributions to facebook, but anyone got an objective view on how they think he's developed so far.

Clearly not you.

Bit of an obsession with you now, Jonas.

Is the anger slowly building?

Does just the mention of his name… Jonas Guittierez… wind you up.

Quiet day on the rank?

Jonas