José Enrique

Baggio

Shouldn't you be saying 'well done Jonas'?

No, Jonas is a disaster for our team.

His game against Man U, his spider antics and his new born foal like gangling legs have earned him a cultish hero status he shouldnt have. He is like marmite, you either love him or hate him and I think there is probably a pretty even split between his admirers and detractors.

He does win some free kicks and can run part of the way down the wing with the ball, but his crossing is erratic and he doesnt score goals. You must agree for an Argentinian international there should be more to his game than winning some free kicks.

People say that he is right footed and if so I dont know why he doesnt have a try out there.

The Jonas debate will rumble on until he gets rested or injured and someone comes in and shows how it should be done with consistent crossing and goals.

Just sayin' the entire premise of this thread is that Jonas has hamstrung the ability of Jose to attack.

So if Jose has a good game in attack then surely by your logic Jonas deserves the credit, no?

Just sayin' the entire premise of this thread is that Jonas has hamstrung the ability of Jose to attack.

So if Jose has a good game in attack then surely by your logic Jonas deserves the credit, no?

No. Enrique took the bull by the horns ;) and put in a display in spite of how Jonas was going to play. It could also be argued that Enriques strong attacking play actually helped Jonas's game.

The whole premise of this thread was for discussion, which only a few wanted. However it's quite clear that yesterday's performance was the "old" Enrique that I was talking about, that had been missing.

Proving once again that indeed I do know what I'm talking about.

Welcome back Jose.

No. Enrique took the bull by the horns ;) and put in a display in spite of how Jonas was going to play. It could also be argued that Enriques strong attacking play actually helped Jonas's game.

The whole premise of this thread was for discussion, which only a few wanted. However it's quite clear that yesterday's performance was the "old" Enrique that I was talking about, that had been missing.

Proving once again that indeed I do know what I'm talking about.

Welcome back Jose.

So you are essentially arguing here and throughout that Jonas performance only impacts on the performance of Jose when Jose plays badly?

Shut up TBH.

This.

The whole 'we are not worthy' thing is just bollocks. Not all good players in good form are going to be sold to a bigger club. Cut the self-pity.

tripe as usual.

Enrique will decide his own future in due course, my guess is he is already wondering what sort of club he is playing for.

Sad but true. The days quality players saw us a place to play european football and compete at the top levels have disappeared lad, they went the day your man bought this club.

More likely than not that he'll be away. Shame, but we've got nothing that would be worth him staying for.

Surely not, Ashley's 5 year plan ofcourse?

of course, all you need is a "plan". ;)

discussing on the way back from Blackburn................Frank Clark was a great, top defender - Alan Kennedy was a top left back and an attacking one - John Beresford the same. But Enrique is a great defender and a great attacking full back. I'm starting to think now he is the best left back I've seen play for Newcastle, and the first 2 above won European Cup and League Championship medals.

Yesterdays performance was great but is only one game, he is just getting better all the time, he has a good understanding with Jonas I don't understand the fuss thats being made here, he would be a great player in any team.

The first batch of quality left when your man appointed king Kenny, the second batch when he appointed the disciplinarian

Count the europe and Champions League qualifications in 15 years.

I'm pleased for you that you appear to think a manager who had won the title with 2 different clubs was a poor appointment mind ;):):lol:

I must admit that I cringe when the 'colour' commentators are praising him every week.

If those clueless planks are noticing how good he is then sure as shit the big clubs will have noticed him too.

I wouldn't rule out Man Utd with Evra getting on a bit and no clear replacement already within their squad.

Not having qualified for Europe for a few years is showing in that the club are struggling to keep a solid team together and get some momentum going.

I must admit that I cringe when the 'colour' commentators are praising him every week.

If those clueless planks are noticing how good he is then sure as shit the big clubs will have noticed him too.

I wouldn't rule out Man Utd with Evra getting on a bit and no clear replacement already within their squad.

Not having qualified for Europe for a few years is showing in that the club are struggling to keep a solid team together and get some momentum going.

aye - I;ve thought the same

they get a proven, younger player who is up to the PL pace - all it takes is cash

ASM Ashley is ashit owner without a clue who talks shite and lies comstantly. LM Shepherd was a shite chairman who destroyed the club by appointing Souness and the Roeder and then Fat Sam a downward spiral he could not get us out of. Now will you both fuck off or meet in a car park and fight to the death over it so at least one of you goes.

Was 6mill a club record for a full back leazes? Bargain basment tbh, I guess your man didn't see them as important as they don't sell many shirts

However, your man doesn't see forwards as a priority. ;)