José Enrique

Baggio

In case anyone's interested, Enrique didnt even say "I'm ok at Newcastle but I aspire to more". Complete lie or mistranslation.

The original interview translated to English is here: (once read, the statement from club was actually spot on)

Load of bollocks and out of context shite from The Sun and Mail.

He did not say those exact words - that phrase is from Marca's summary of the interview - but he absolutely did say (or absolutely was quoted in Marca as saying), "I'm happy here at Newcastle but I'm not ruling anything out." Also, the translated interview you have on your website is a poor mechanical translation.

The Sun certainly did take his statements out of context and even mistranslated one of them completely, but just going on what he told Marca, I think he wants to be away.

In case anyone's interested, Enrique didnt even say "I'm ok at Newcastle but I aspire to more". Complete lie or mistranslation.

The original interview translated to English is here: (once read, the statement from club was actually spot on)

He did not say those exact words - that phrase is from Marca's summary of the interview - but he absolutely did say (or absolutely was quoted in Marca as saying), "I'm happy here at Newcastle but I'm not ruling anything out." Also, the translated interview you have on your website is a poor mechanical translation.

The Sun certainly did take his statements out of context and even mistranslated one of them completely, but just going on what he told Marca, I think he wants to be away.

I agree. He is happy for now but deep down he does want away like. We'd probably get about 12mil for him which is a good price when he only has 16months to go on his contract. Fits Ashleys model.

Even with the 12mil i dont think we could get an equally good left back for that.

It really is starting to strike home now like, players are starting to get a bit fucked off with Ashley, all their hard work just to be undone by the fat man. If FMA actually showed some ambition then these players would want to stay and continue to push towards europe with us.

I dont have a problem with them wanting to leave, its understandable....and frustrating.

Come this summer we will know once and for all what FMA's true intentions are.

35mil+ spent and no major players sold = He genuinly wants to acheive success here.

Less than 35mil spent and major departures = Clawing money back and clearly banking on a buyer emerging.

Who's a better left back in the pl than enrique? not many.

Only Cole and Evra who you could claim are better currently as they've show it at the very highest levels for a logn time now, but beyond that there is Jose and an in form Baines, with Jose better for me and as he's younger than the only two who are better than him he's going to be the best. Which means he would have very right at any point to want to leave while Ashley is in charge sadly.

If he says he's not for sale he's a liar and a puppet if he goes. If he admits it'll be tough keeping him he's asking for bids

ah. There was a time when we said someone wasn't for sale and they weren't. In fact, nobody bothered trying to buy our best players because they knew they wouldn't be sold.

Or because they were under-performing mercenaries?

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :D

If he says he's not for sale he's a liar and a puppet if he goes. If he admits it'll be tough keeping him he's asking for bids

ah. There was a time when we said someone wasn't for sale and they weren't. In fact, nobody bothered trying to buy our best players because they knew they wouldn't be sold.

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :icon_lol:

So Man Utd aren't immune from bids for their best players but other clubs didn't bother bidding for ours? Because we weren't a selling club :D You fuckin' thick plank

Translated with a combination of online and own pigeon Spanish so not the greatest - agreed. however, cant blame the bloke for wanting more, especially if the club ambition is mid table longterm

A couple of notable and more recent examples: When Dyer was hot property [after his 1st season here, after his shin surgery] when Leeds was throwing around big money as they were looking to consolidate their CL position. I'm sure there was interest in Bellamy at a similar stage of his Toon career as well.... wasn't Man United an interested suitor?

When the 'not the sale' shutter was invoked, they meant it. Unless there were extenuating circumstances at play [ie. reasoning behind Cole & Hamman's departures] they didn't cash-in [at the slightest hint of printed notes being slung their way], whilst strengthening our rivals' & should-be rivals respective squad building plans.

The sale of Carroll [and knowing they'll further build their attacking third around him] has put us behind the 8-ball, in what should be concerted pursuit of a rival club looking to re-establish itself as a European force, as our ambition should be.

Edited by Year Zero

Dyer went to West Ham and Bellers Blackburn, both in their supposed prime years, so that post is pretty wank all round mate

What utter rubbish.

By the time Dyer went his stocks had fallen so low that we were all amazed that Wet Ham were willing to take him off the wage bill, let alone pay that much for him.

Year Zero is referring to when Dyer was an influential part of a team that finished top five four years* in a row under SBR - surely you remember this?

As for Bellars being sold - well we all know the reasons there so using him as an example is just wank.

*correction: it was three years in a row wasn't it?

Edited by sammynb

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :D

Best players not for sale? Woodgate was our best defender and he was sold, so was Bellamy and Andy Cole wasnt too shabby either. Every player is for sale if the price is right. You think Man U wanted Ronaldo to go? If a player gets a whiff of more money and a better lifestyle or to play in the champions league then their head is turned and when a club makes a top offer then its bye-bye regardless who the manager/chairman is. The measure of the club is who replaces the sold player so we need to wait and see who comes in the summer.

must be nice living in a make believe little world like you do :lol:

Best players not for sale? Woodgate was our best defender and he was sold, so was Bellamy and Andy Cole wasnt too shabby either. Every player is for sale if the price is right. You think Man U wanted Ronaldo to go? If a player gets a whiff of more money and a better lifestyle or to play in the champions league then their head is turned and when a club makes a top offer then its bye-bye regardless who the manager/chairman is. The measure of the club is who replaces the sold player so we need to wait and see who comes in the summer.

Woodgate was crocked to fuck and we cashed in on him, Bellamy had a big bust up with the management. The last regime kept players they wanted to keep. I agree with your last point though, we'll see who they bring in in the summer and if there's any truth in that Carlton Cole rumor we know we're fucked, proper fucked.

Would the last regime have kept players they wanted to keep had there been bids following the failed souness 50m+ gamble? Unlikely

It's pure guesswork to say either way really.

This summer will be where this regimes intentions are shown, losing Tiote and Enrique while replacing them with Carlton Cole level players would confirm a lot of fears but keeping them both and spending wisely would send out a good message.

Evra has signed on with manure until 2014. So that's one club down.. :lol:

Well you can safely count Villa out, that leaves the dippers....

New contract just means he'll be sold for a better amount tbh.

Aye, I'm beginning to think that one of our lot signing a new contract signifies and impending departure rather than assurances that they'll be staying put. Long contract = larger sale price.

Evra has signed on with manure until 2014. So that's one club down.. :lol:

Well you can safely count Villa out, that leaves the dippers....

I think that is his likely destination, but just not sure if they've got the wedge? They only splashed the cash in January safe in the knowledge that Torres was off.

the idea that the news that anyone has signed on for X years at a PL club means anything is laughable

Of course nothing is set in stone, but it's a bit different with Manchester United and someone like Evra. The talk was if he left he'd be heading back to France and it's not like French clubs are known for splashing large amounts of cash for players. Ergo if he does actually want to leave Manchester United for France the club won't get their money back from his sign-on and loyalty bonus. He's 30 in three months, and was already contracted until 2012. He hasn't shown any signs of being on the wain, wane or wayne (apart from some seedy tabloid shots) so it's a fair bet that they do actually want to hang onto him as a player for some time - as well they should as he has been an aver present in a side that has won the league 3 out of the 4 seasons he's been there and made the Champions League final twice, winning once ( :lol: John Terry).