José Enrique

Baggio

Going to a few training sessions and going to Tony Greens testimonial - you'll have to do a lot better than that.

There really is no point as your reading comprehension is nil.

I've never been to a training session in my life nor did I ever say I had an ST in the 70's, always pay on the gate, work permitting and only centre paddock "if I was flush", otherwise Gallowgate end usually.

Were you at that Wrexham game, midweek and howling a gale and pissing down ?? Part timers didn't go out to a game in that weather.

I never kept programmes nor have a photgraphic memory of games but remember some things, do you remember Pop Robson scoring direct from a free kick against Arsenal but the ref dissallowed it because George Graham wasn't 10 yards ?? Think we lost 1-0 in the end, could be wrong mind.

The most one sided game I ever saw in my life was against Sheff Utd at home, we absolutely mullered them, but lost 4-1, Tony Currie scored a couple, maybe even a hat-trick, I think the 4 goals where the only time they got out of their half, unbelieveable it was.

Favourite "old" goal, Tommy Craig left foot (obviously) volley against Spurs at the gallowgate end, was sat right behind it in the "new" stand (must have been really flush that night).

You see I really did go a lot pre 92 mate, believe it or not, but it's of no consequence.

Finally, like it or not, Liverpool, in the eye's of the football world are currently (and for years have been) a bigger club than us. Indisputable FACT, and I hate them above all others.

Well, I reckon your reading comprehension is nil, although your knowledge of the club has risen to 1 out of 10 because of that.

Don't think I was at the Wrexham game, no, I spend time out of the country but managed to see half of the home games and half of the away games for those few years, hence Harry and the London Branch etc.

We all have our favourite goals, that means absolutely nothing.

Although - we lost 2-1 at home to Sheff Utd in Dec 1971, won 4-1 at home in December 1972, beat them 1-0 at home in Dec 1973, drew 2-2 in August 1974 and drew 1-1 in December 1975 :( In 1975, Tony Currie signed for Leeds and played for them in the European Cup Final in Paris.

In the away games in those same seasons, we lost 1-0, 1-0, won 2-1, drew 1-1, won 2-1.

In the cups, we lost 2-0 away to Sheff utd in the League Cup 1969-70. Looks like you are "tucked" again, massively :( So much for your "most memorable game" :icon_lol: In fact, I can probably even tell you the game you are mistaking this game for :rolleyes::icon_lol:

Once again, you fail to understand the difference between "bigger" and "successful" when talking about Liverpool. I find it hard to understand how any diehard NUFC supporter can concede inferiority to Liverpool, although now they have signed our best striker - again - it seems the old days when they acted bigger are well and truly back, just like the days when people like you were content to look up at the winning clubs and conceded to them, a truly losing mentality which Keegan assited by the Halls and Shepherd challenged and got above them for a while at least.

I just KNOW your "reading comprehension" won't get this mind :good:

Edited by LeazesMag

Me Dad did play for North Shields for a bit mind, possibly when TP used to go and watch them.

Went from being a nipper with me dad (mid 60's to early 70's), Ronnie Tatum's sister was our neighbour, until aforementioned Hunters bus and NUFC too over my affections, still went to Shields as and when NUFC were away though.

Think it was early 70s. It was after they won the FA Amateur Cup. Before my time like :(

Was 10 (and three quarters) when they won the cup, was there, my dad had done all the games home and away. I was at the semi at Ayresome, 0-0 I think, and the final, great day, special train at stupid o'clock in the morning from West Monskeaton (for some reason).

I find it hard to understand how any diehard NUFC supporter can concede inferiority to Liverpool,

"Eye's of the football world" :(

If you don't concede that they are seen/accepted as bigger than us within the game, you are bordering on insane.

I find it hard to understand how any diehard NUFC supporter can concede inferiority to Liverpool,

"Eye's of the football world" :good:

If you don't concede that they are seen/accepted as bigger than us within the game, you are bordering on insane.

answer the rest of the post man :(:(:icon_lol:

[in the cups, we lost 2-0 away to Sheff utd in the League Cup 1969-70. Looks like you are "tucked" again, massively :( So much for your "most memorable game" :( In fact, I can probably even tell you the game you are mistaking this game for [/b] :icon_lol::good:

On the subject of comprehension, there's a difference between "memorable" (your words) and "one sided" (mine), patently not most memorable since I aint remembered it correctly. Could have sworn it was Sheff Utd though, and Currie.

Photographic game memory, as I said, is not my strong point and I'm not sad enough to keep cuttings.

[in the cups, we lost 2-0 away to Sheff utd in the League Cup 1969-70. Looks like you are "tucked" again, massively :( So much for your "most memorable game" :( In fact, I can probably even tell you the game you are mistaking this game for [/b] :icon_lol::good:

On the subject of comprehension, there's a difference between "memorable" (your words) and "one sided" (mine), patently not most memorable since I aint remembered it correctly. Could have sworn it was Sheff Utd though, and Currie.

Photographic game memory, as I said, is not my strong point and I'm not sad enough to keep cuttings.

no cuttings, but that is your most memorable game :rolleyes::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Bookmark this thread. You're "tucked" already, again. What a mug.

:icon_lol:

Edit

"tucked". Massively.

Can't even admit you are wrong......how sad to wriggle out of something so conclusive.

Bookmark this thread, a lot of people are going to look even more stupid than ever.

FWIW, I've also said it's probable I can even name the game you mistake your "most memorable game" for, I'm actually telling you what your "most memorable game" is.

Fucking hilarious. You couldn't make this up.

I suppose if you won't admit this, what will you admit ? You probably STILL thinks Liverpool are bigger than us, rather than "successful", and say others have "comprehension problems".

Edited by LeazesMag

no cuttings, but that is your most memorable game :(:(:icon_lol:

:good:

Edit

"tucked". Massively.

Can't even admit you are wrong......how sad to wriggle out of something so conclusive.

Bookmark this thread, a lot of people are going to look even more stupid than ever.

FWIW, I've also said it's probable I can even name the game you mistake your "most memorable game" for, I'm actually telling you what your "most memorable game" is.

Please quote where I stated "most memorable game", you really have lost me.

Edit - Do "cuttings" bear a relation to memorable ??

Maybe that's my problem I have no cuttings, or bus tickets for that matter (or I'd know what happened after the Hunters)

Edited by Toonpack

You probably STILL thinks Liverpool are bigger than us, rather than "successful", and say others have "comprehension problems".

I don't "think" Liverpool are bigger than us, I KNOW that in the eye's of the footballing world they ARE considered bigger than us. That is a FACT.

Geez

no cuttings, but that is your most memorable game :(:(:icon_lol:

:good:

Edit

"tucked". Massively.

Please quote where I stated "most memorable game", you really have lost me.

Edit - Do "cuttings" bear a relation to memorable ??

Maybe that's my problem I have no cuttings, or bus tickets for that matter (or I'd know what happened after the Hunters)

see post 635 "most one sided game in my life" = memorable ? Or not ?

You're really pathetic if you can't just admit it, like I have done about the Tony Green testimonial.

How sad.

Does anything else you say have any substance ? Absolutely pathetic wriggling out of this.

I don't need cuttings of this, I just knew you were talking bollocks again. And the deeper you go, the bigger fool you look.

:rolleyes:

You probably STILL thinks Liverpool are bigger than us, rather than "successful", and say others have "comprehension problems".

I don't "think" Liverpool are bigger than us, I KNOW that in the eye's of the footballing world they ARE considered bigger than us. That is a FACT.

Geez

the footballing world don't realise how big Newcastle United are, and thats a FACT. If you concede superiority to a team that we finished above a few times when we attempted to punch our own weight, thats YOUR problem, but it means you giving credit to the Halls and Shepherd which you can't bring yourself to do. They are acting bigger again now, I'll give you that, having bought their trophy signing again, like they did in the 80's, while mugs like you foolishly live in a little world and kid yourself that we will come out of this looking "ambitious in the eyes of the footballing world" again. You won't admit it, or see it, despite you having this "reading comprehension"

Just like admitting you have been massively "tucked" and incorrect about your statements about Tony Currie and Sheff Utd. Some memorable game that eh :(:(

see post 635 "most one sided game in my life" = memorable ? Or not ?

No not "most memorable game" (as you stated), but "most one sided", totally different animal, sorry but you're wrong, again.

Have seen far more memorable games in my time, but struggle to recall a more one sided (and yet losing) one, even if I got the score wrong, which shows how memorable (or not) it was, actually. Wish I'd kept some cuttings :(

FYI, My most memorable Newcastle game (a close run thing with the last minute(s) excitement of the Boro 3-3 away) was the Man U 5-0 as it happens, yes, that's right, a game under the stewardship of your idols, a game before they lost the plot.

the footballing world don't realise how big Newcastle United are, and thats a FACT.

Crying out for a Leazes as Hitler Youtube thingy :(

Sadly it's the football worlds view that counts, when trying to obtain players/sponsorship etc etc

Going to a few training sessions and going to Tony Greens testimonial - you'll have to do a lot better than that.

There really is no point as your reading comprehension is nil.

I've never been to a training session in my life nor did I ever say I had an ST in the 70's, always pay on the gate, work permitting and only centre paddock "if I was flush", otherwise Gallowgate end usually.

Were you at that Wrexham game, midweek and howling a gale and pissing down ?? Part timers didn't go out to a game in that weather.

I never kept programmes nor have a photgraphic memory of games but remember some things, do you remember Pop Robson scoring direct from a free kick against Arsenal but the ref dissallowed it because George Graham wasn't 10 yards ?? Think we lost 1-0 in the end, could be wrong mind.

The most one sided game I ever saw in my life was against Sheff Utd at home, we absolutely mullered them, but lost 4-1, Tony Currie scored a couple, maybe even a hat-trick, I think the 4 goals where the only time they got out of their half, unbelieveable it was.

Favourite "old" goal, Tommy Craig left foot (obviously) volley against Spurs at the gallowgate end, was sat right behind it in the "new" stand (must have been really flush that night).

You see I really did go a lot pre 92 mate, believe it or not, but it's of no consequence.

Finally, like it or not, Liverpool, in the eye's of the football world are currently (and for years have been) a bigger club than us. Indisputable FACT, and I hate them above all others.

Well, I reckon your reading comprehension is nil, although your knowledge of the club has risen to 1 out of 10 because of that.

I just KNOW your "reading comprehension" won't get this mind :(

:(:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::good::icon_lol::rolleyes::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::icon_lol:

FPMSL

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Do you all actually think he will leave in the summer?

Personally i think he will stay, i hope so, but then again if we get 15mil for him then i suppose we could bring in Jeremain Lens and Riise with that money.

Personally i think he will stay, i hope so, but then again if we get 15mil for him then i suppose we could bring in Jeremain Lens and Riise with that money.

He hasn't got long enough on his contract to command a fee of 15m imo. Be lucky to get 8-9m

He hasn't got long enough on his contract to command a fee of 15m imo. Be lucky to get 8-9m

Yeah your probably right like.

All depends who wants him. I don't think he would go to Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea, as I doubt that he would be first choice. So probably only clubs who could be considered to be bigger than us, and could be interested are Man City. Doubt if Spuds have the money, unless they get into Champions League again. JJ Henry has stated that Liverpool now have to sell before they can buy. I think he'll stay.

All depends who wants him. I don't think he would go to Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea, as I doubt that he would be first choice. So probably only clubs who could be considered to be bigger than us, and could be interested are Man City. Doubt if Spuds have the money, unless they get into Champions League again. JJ Henry has stated that Liverpool now have to sell before they can buy. I think he'll stay.

Fairly logical point. Whats to say a big team from europe wont come in for him?

Who is LB for Barca and Real?

Fairly logical point. Whats to say a big team from europe wont come in for him?

Who is LB for Barca and Real?

Abidal and Marcelo respectively I believe. Neither that good defensively