José Enrique

Baggio

no surprise to me. redscousecunts are desperate for a LB and Enrique is, if not the best, then at least in the top 2 LB in the country.

I'll be sad to see him go but he needs to leave to further his career.

I don't blame him at all. Why would Enrique not want to play at a much higher level than us, when he can? Our owner's lack of ambition is the main reason he'll leave, if in fact this is true. Since Ashley's break even strategy is to buy players cheap and sell high, it won't surprise me one iota if he's sold in the summer (which I think he will be).

15 mill is a good price for a LB, as it happens. It's the signal it sends about our lack of ambition that depresses me. The best we can hope for is that the money for him and Carroll is reinvested in the squad on emerging/proven talent, instead of the likes of Sol and Shefki.

I don't blame him at all. Why would Enrique not want to play at a much higher level than us, when he can? Our owner's lack of ambition is the main reason he'll leave, if in fact this is true. Since Ashley's break even strategy is to buy players cheap and sell high, it won't surprise me one iota if he's sold in the summer (which I think he will be).

15 mill is a good price for a LB, as it happens. It's the signal it sends about our lack of ambition that depresses me. The best we can hope for is that the money for him and Carroll is reinvested in the squad on emerging/proven talent, instead of the likes of Sol and Shefki.

Id love him to stay, he for me is the only major player i think could possibly leave in the summer. Cant see Tiote, Barton, Nolan or alike leaving. If we got 15 mil for him, that and the 35mil from Carroll then if we spend anything less than 40mil theres going to be uproar.

Theres no way we can take in that kind of money and justify not spending it, especially when its already evident that we NEED at least 5 players as it is.

I do however thing that we will spend quite a bit in the summer, its time for ashley to show his hand. Or fuck off.

40mil = 1x Quality striker 10mil (From europe likely) 4x Young promising squad players 5mil and a LB 10mil

We can live in hope.

Id love him to stay, he for me is the only major player i think could possibly leave in the summer. Cant see Tiote, Barton, Nolan or alike leaving. If we got 15 mil for him, that and the 35mil from Carroll then if we spend anything less than 40mil theres going to be uproar.

Theres no way we can take in that kind of money and justify not spending it, especially when its already evident that we NEED at least 5 players as it is.

I do however thing that we will spend quite a bit in the summer, its time for ashley to show his hand. Or fuck off.

40mil = 1x Quality striker 10mil (From europe likely) 4x Young promising squad players 5mil and a LB 10mil

We can live in hope.

50 million should just about be enough to cover our wages for next season, of course Ashley may have to dip into his own pocket to cover the differences and save the club from certain doom. <_< I don't think we'll get 15m for Enrique though. The fact that he only has one year remaining on his contract will mean other clubs will try to low-ball us. As much as Ahsley will try to hold off to drive the price up at the end of the day he will sell because he'' see it as a profit and will think that he can bring someone in on much lower wages to do the same job nearly as well.

The 'international' players that we buy will be from France and the Netherlands where there isn't huge wages. Other than that they will be lower league 'promising' players like Best and Perch, but slightly more 'promising' and expensive.

I'm not convinced we'll bring in more than a couple of players in the summer. That's not based on anything more than how they've operated in the past.

As far as players like Barton and Nolan are concerned, it might take a bit more evidence of ambition to persuade them to sign up again. Selling Enrique's not going to help with that.

We can live in hope.

50 million should just about be enough to cover our wages for next season, of course Ashley may have to dip into his own pocket to cover the differences and save the club from certain doom. <_< I don't think we'll get 15m for Enrique though. The fact that he only has one year remaining on his contract will mean other clubs will try to low-ball us. As much as Ahsley will try to hold off to drive the price up at the end of the day he will sell because he'' see it as a profit and will think that he can bring someone in on much lower wages to do the same job nearly as well.

The 'international' players that we buy will be from France and the Netherlands where there isn't huge wages. Other than that they will be lower league 'promising' players like Best and Perch, but slightly more 'promising' and expensive.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Tiote and Ben Arfa deals in these past couple transfer windows is gonna be a hindrance this transfer window. I think the club will be pretty narrow-minded in the transfers this summer in thinking "We got Ben Arfa and Tiote for next to nowt from lesser leagues, why dont we go do it again and spend next to nowt on players in the lesser leagues and hope they come good like Ben Arfa and Tiote"

I honestly don't see us spending more than £6 Million on any one player

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Tiote and Ben Arfa deals in these past couple transfer windows is gonna be a hindrance this transfer window. I think the club will be pretty narrow-minded in the transfers this summer in thinking "We got Ben Arfa and Tiote for next to nowt from lesser leagues, why dont we go do it again and spend next to nowt on players in the lesser leagues and hope they come good like Ben Arfa and Tiote".

Yup. I think there's also the likelihood that Ben Arfa and Tiote will be sold to the highest bidder next season. In fact there must be a risk of Tiote being sold this summer based on what he's done this season, if a silly offer comes in. This on the basis that there's more quality players like them out there in Europe, so why not bank the profit.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Tiote and Ben Arfa deals in these past couple transfer windows is gonna be a hindrance this transfer window. I think the club will be pretty narrow-minded in the transfers this summer in thinking "We got Ben Arfa and Tiote for next to nowt from lesser leagues, why dont we go do it again and spend next to nowt on players in the lesser leagues and hope they come good like Ben Arfa and Tiote".

Yup. I think there's also the likelihood that Ben Arfa and Tiote will be sold to the highest bidder next season. In fact there must be a risk of Tiote being sold this summer based on what he's done this season, if a silly offer comes in. This on the basis that there's more quality players like them out there in Europe, so why not bank the profit.

What's a silly offer for Tiote?

£25m?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Tiote and Ben Arfa deals in these past couple transfer windows is gonna be a hindrance this transfer window. I think the club will be pretty narrow-minded in the transfers this summer in thinking "We got Ben Arfa and Tiote for next to nowt from lesser leagues, why dont we go do it again and spend next to nowt on players in the lesser leagues and hope they come good like Ben Arfa and Tiote"

Hopefully, Pardew is a bit more self aware than that. I've heard him admit in the past that NUFC were very lucky with those two signings and that they can't expect every lower-cost signing to be as fruitful. Fingers crossed.

What's a silly offer for Tiote?

£25m?

£25 Million in my book, anything over £12 Million in Ashley's and Llambias' book

I think the 6 year contract was put in place for to hike his price up a few extra million.

I don't get it how everyone now thinks our scouts are amazing now that they managed to sign Tiote and Ben Arfa, fair enough Tiote, but even me granny knew about Ben Arfa

It's also extremely difficult to find a player of Tiote's calibre for a few million. Every club in the league try's to sign players for bargain basement prices in the hope they become Prem quality, it's just we somehow managed to sign one of them that come along every few seasons

I honestly think this coming transfer window is going to have more disappointments than joy at the business we do, i think the club is honestly going to become a glorified Wigan, in the sense we'll sign players from abroad for next to nowt and sell them onto other clubs for big money

FFS i just wanna go into hibernation for this whole summer period <_<

Its like we have our hands over eyes hoping these things aren't going to happen but the day the fat cunt sold Milner against the managers wish was the day he signalled we had no ambition.

Whats the point in playing without ambition? Its like settling for 2nd best. He doesnt care about winning, he just cares about the money.

We HAD the makings of a good team and with a bit of ambition Europe wasnt' that far away. From there we could have made a basis for an assault on the top 4. I really believe that we could have realistically targeted that.

Its going to be a very interesting summer at SJP. Transfers and 3 year renewals coming to an end.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Its going to be a very interesting predictable depressing summer at SJP. Transfers and 3 year renewals coming to an end.

Sorry like, but i can't imagine it being anything other than absolute shite.

How many more years of this?

Its going to be a very interesting predictable depressing summer at SJP. Transfers and 3 year renewals coming to an end.

You'd like to think he will splash some of the £50m from Enrique and Carroll. <_<

no surprise to me. redscousecunts are desperate for a LB and Enrique is, if not the best, then at least in the top 2 LB in the country.

What aout furthering his career at NUFC. We get larger attendances than all but 2 teams that will finish above us. Liverpool don't have CL football this season or next or for the foreseeable so what makes them a massive step forward?

Had it been a genuine top 4 Club here or across Europe I'd buy the 'further his career' excuse.

He'll go there for one reason only. Which brings it back to Ashleys policy of uy cheap sell expensive.

You'd like to think he will splash some of the £50m from Enrique and Carroll. <_<

I'm sure he will, but it will be moderate buy-with-a-view-to-sell transfers.

We're a profiteering feeder club, the only question is will it last forever under BFCCMA? I fear it will as he will maintain the club in its precarious financial position as it suits both his propaganda and his wallet.

Am sure that is an issue but a much more simplistic view would say the reason he 'wants away' is because someone else 'wants him'. I really dont understand how anyone can say that Enrique has decided in the last 2 months to leave the club because of the shit owners <_< What planet has he been living on for the last 2 years? Has he just realised they are wankers?

Nah. The reason he wants away is because his performances have alerted other clubs to his quality and his agent is advising him not to re-sign with us. The idea that Enrique has just realised the extent of the ambition of the club doesnt make much sense to me.

Surprised if anyone thought he was going to stay. His heart hasnt been in it for a while as lots of peeps have commented.

Its a shame but in our current position its a fact that more successful clubs are going to come knocking and players who dream of champion league football are going to move on.

What aout furthering his career at NUFC. We get larger attendances than all but 2 teams that will finish above us. Liverpool don't have CL football this season or next or for the foreseeable so what makes them a massive step forward?

Had it been a genuine top 4 Club here or across Europe I'd buy the 'further his career' excuse.

He'll go there for one reason only. Which brings it back to Ashleys policy of uy cheap sell expensive.

he's going to further his career, and not just money mate. They have so much money, it isn't that important. He wants to play for a club that want to win things and play in the Champions League, keep their best players and bring in other top players to play with their current best players.

We don't do that anymore. It's THAT simple. Mike Ashley, like the owner of any big football club, had a choice. He's made it.

Furthering it how, no harm but we're clearly not going to challenge for anything, attendances will mean fck all to someone with no real "ties" to the club.

If you're a decent enough player to get into a European qualifying team, and possibly onto the world cup holders side...why stay at a club who will pay you half as much and struggle to win a league cup...especially when they will cash in on anyone they can make a profit on.

Can't blame him really.

@liverpool comment...they're doing shite you're right, so they went out and spent 50m quid on a world cup semifinalist and a hot prospect, with it appears more to come.

They've currently got ambition and are showing they don't like how it's went and are trying to fix it....

exactly

Am sure that is an issue but a much more simplistic view would say the reason he 'wants away' is because someone else 'wants him'. I really dont understand how anyone can say that Enrique has decided in the last 2 months to leave the club because of the shit owners <_< What planet has he been living on for the last 2 years? Has he just realised they are wankers?

Nah. The reason he wants away is because his performances have alerted other clubs to his quality and his agent is advising him not to re-sign with us. The idea that Enrique has just realised the extent of the ambition of the club doesnt make much sense to me.

Perhaps Enrique might think twice about going somewhere like Liverpool if NUFC was going places. As it is it's a no-brainer to follow his agent's advice. He won't get the wages, international profile or prospect of playing with marquee players at NUFC, and there's not a lot of chance of that changing in the near future either.

Perhaps Enrique might think twice about going somewhere like Liverpool if NUFC was going places. As it is it's a no-brainer to follow his agent's advice. He won't get the wages, international profile or prospect of playing with marquee players at NUFC, and there's not a lot of chance of that changing in the near future either.

We're not going places and we havent been for a long time. Our ambition at the start of this season was survival, that hasnt changed, he knew that was the ambition and it remains that. Nothing has changed for us, the club or him.