José Enrique

Baggio

haha Ryder "yet unhappy footballers generally don’t get much sympathy from the working-class masses who brave all weathers and dig deep to support their heroes" .

Give owa y placcy bag . Why didn't he go the full hog and put 'TOON TOON. hey im TOON D@Ft me man.' at the end . Embarrassed .

I hate that twat. Look at me Im a soopafan. Bollocks sunshine, sitting on the back of a bus drinking cans at 17 year old.....woooooh youre the only one to do that like :D

haha Ryder "yet unhappy footballers generally don’t get much sympathy from the working-class masses who brave all weathers and dig deep to support their heroes" .

Give owa y placcy bag . Why didn't he go the full hog and put 'TOON TOON. hey im TOON D@Ft me man.' at the end . Embarrassed .

I hate that twat. Look at me Im a soopafan. Bollocks sunshine, sitting on the back of a bus drinking cans at 17 year old.....woooooh youre the only one to do that like :D

That's it like, I find most of his writing to be pretty 'forced' in terms of being onside with fans, while essentially he's a usb cable plugged into Dekka's hub of shite .

Friday, 15 July 2011 09:55 UK

Aston Villa have made a bid to sign Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia, BBC Sport understands.

New manager Alex McLeish is keen on the Frenchman to replace Stewart Downing, who is in talks with Liverpool after the clubs agreed a fee on Tuesday.

Villa have also seen Ashley Young depart for Manchester United earlier this summer.

N'Zogbia, 25, has made almost 250 appearances in English football, with Wigan and former club Newcastle United.

McLeish was on the verge of signing N'Zogbia last August, when the Scot was in charge of Birmingham City, but the transfer broke down over personal terms.

A spokesman for Wigan refused to comment on any potential transfer, but did confirm that N'Zogbia was in Sweden training with the squad.

Last week, Wigan owner Dave Whelan seemed resigned to losing one of his star players, saying: "We have to sell Charles N'Zogbia because he's on the last year of his contract. We can't keep him if a big club comes for him, and he does deserve a big club because he's that kind of quality player.

"We would love to keep him and pay him what he wants to stay with us but it's a very difficult situation. He's such a great player and we are such a small club sometimes we don't go together."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14165590.stm

just to back up my opinion. it doesnt look like am the only one that thinks he'll move to villa

Just read about Pardew's hint, that Enrique is holding out for a move to Arsenal. Would be ideal for the Gunners, particularly if they can add Cahill into the mix, with having a genuine 'defensive stopper' at one book-end of the defensive line, coupled with the defensive no-nonsense approach of Cahill. They've lacked steel along the backline since the retirement of Keown & Adams, and their all-out ball-playing back-four (which is more attack-minded) has been exposed since Viera's departure. They don't have a midfielder enforcer who is capable of resetting the balance of possession & turning the tide, when the shift in play/momentum in the midfield engine goes against them, and the lack of aforementioned steel in the defensive rearguard compounds what's going on further up the pitch ie. their 2nd half capitulations, against Spurs and ourselves/NUFC.

I think Wenger is three players away from genuinely challenging for the title again. The addition of Cahill & Enrique (and they're efficient ball-users as well, and Wenger"s emphasis on box-work - re:posession retention & passing - in training will only improve them) would go a long way towards achieving the above.

Edited by Year Zero

Now this is interesting.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7041...ght-be-last-buy

Damien Comolli has hinted that Stewart Downing might be Liverpool's final signing of the summer.

The Anfield director of football was speaking after Downing finally sealed his move, thought to be worth around £20million, on Friday night.

Downing follows Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Brazilian keeper Alex Doni, who also completed his move to Liverpool on Friday.

Other business had been expected, in particular the recruitment of a new left-back, but Comolli says the next business Liverpool are likely to be involved in is player sales, rather than purchases.

He told the club's official website: "It's difficult to say. I'm sure there will be players going out because some players would like to play more and have more minutes. We will probably have a few loans as well, players who we would like them to develop, into the Championship or the leagues abroad.

"In terms of players coming in, it's difficult to say. I think we are going to sit down, look at the situation, see where we are, see who might leave and then we will reassess later. But we have done most of what we wanted to do."

He continued: "What we are very pleased about is that we are still early in July. We've played only one game pre-season, and we've got a lot of players in. That will allow Steve (Clarke), Kevin (Keen) and Kenny to work well with the players straight away and not have to wait until the end of August, like sometimes you have to do.

"It's good for team building and it's good for the tactical work they have to do. Also, the players are from the Premier League, so we know they will settle in quickly at the club. Jordan is coming back on Monday and he can't wait."

Now if this proves to be the case, I still expect Enrique to be off. To be honest I'd be happy for him to join a foreign team or even Arsenal. Just not that lot.

Wenger seems to have ruled out a move for a left back to replace Clichy:

"'We have Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore and Thomas Vermaelen who can play at left-back so we have what we need."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ael-Clichy.html

Things could change of course, Wenger may be trying to be cute in a inflated market, but it doesn't seem likely. Maybe if Liverpool get rid of those that are no longer required they'll come in for him. I'm beginning to think he may well see out his contract though..for a player to move you need a buyer and there doesn't appear to be one at the moment. 7 mill for a player in the last year of his contract is (intentionally) a piss take and may well be putting clubs off till next summer, or perhaps till January when a club still in the champions league may come in. Just cant see him signing the new contract, its more than likely a Bosman for him now.

Now this is interesting.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7041...ght-be-last-buy

Damien Comolli has hinted that Stewart Downing might be Liverpool's final signing of the summer.

The Anfield director of football was speaking after Downing finally sealed his move, thought to be worth around £20million, on Friday night.

Downing follows Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Brazilian keeper Alex Doni, who also completed his move to Liverpool on Friday.

Other business had been expected, in particular the recruitment of a new left-back, but Comolli says the next business Liverpool are likely to be involved in is player sales, rather than purchases.

He told the club's official website: "It's difficult to say. I'm sure there will be players going out because some players would like to play more and have more minutes. We will probably have a few loans as well, players who we would like them to develop, into the Championship or the leagues abroad.

"In terms of players coming in, it's difficult to say. I think we are going to sit down, look at the situation, see where we are, see who might leave and then we will reassess later. But we have done most of what we wanted to do."

He continued: "What we are very pleased about is that we are still early in July. We've played only one game pre-season, and we've got a lot of players in. That will allow Steve (Clarke), Kevin (Keen) and Kenny to work well with the players straight away and not have to wait until the end of August, like sometimes you have to do.

"It's good for team building and it's good for the tactical work they have to do. Also, the players are from the Premier League, so we know they will settle in quickly at the club. Jordan is coming back on Monday and he can't wait."

Now if this proves to be the case, I still expect Enrique to be off. To be honest I'd be happy for him to join a foreign team or even Arsenal. Just not that lot.

I think for 'that lot' Enrique is too young for the FSG criteria. They have said all along that they wanted to buy young players, preferably British, but only in positions that we haven't got good youngsters coming through. In LB position we have Agger, Aurelio, Insua and Robinson. Agger is great but injury prone, and Aurelio is a top class player but made of glass. Aurelio was already released last summer, but Hodgson brought him back in and Agger will be sold if anyone comes in for him. This would leave Insua and Robinson, and if we keep both of those players I can only see a 26 or 27 yr old coming in, giving those two a year or two to mature. I'd be quite happy to see Insua as first choice LB, and Robinson as back up myself.

As for buying more players, we have to sell before we buy any more, FSG don't have a problem with high fees but definitely do with high wages. Joe Cole and a few other high earners will have to go before we buy again this summer.

According to sources, £11.5 million has near been agreed. Enrique ready to fly across to Anfield for medical. No idea how reliable the source is. What makes me laugh is that he is apparently waiting for a champions league club but...erm....Liverpool aren't in it Jose!!!!! Also the general consensus is that Liverpool fans are gutted if this is true. They want aly cissokho not Enrique. So again Jose, your moving to a club where they don't want you, and certainly won't sing your name!! Could prove to be a move that reinforces the age old phrase, "The grass is not always greener on the other side."

Very disappointed in the bloke. Don't say that you love the club and want to stay for the rest of your career, then piss on our backs and show that you want to fuck off.

Things are obviously not that bad at the club for the players because Tiote has come out and said he wants to stay here over cheski. So it can't be that bad.

I'd be surprised if anyone would pay that sort of money for a bloke with a year left on his current contract who has shown no signs of signing the deal being offered to him. He'd be even cheaper in January too.

Similar situation to N'Zogbia and silly prices are being quoted for him. Though the obvious difference is that Wigan don't look as if they want to sell.

Didn't realise he only had a year left too. Mental prices being quoted for him in that case.

I'd be surprised if anyone would pay that sort of money for a bloke with a year left on his current contract who has shown no signs of signing the deal being offered to him. He'd be even cheaper in January too.

I don't think he's worth that kind of money for one season's performance in the prem. But crazier things have happened (Carroll). Is he that capable as a defender too? Makes too many errors for a champions league team imo.

I'm also not sure I'd want him to stay now. Yes because he was amazing for us last season, but he could sign a new contract and tell us he never wants to leave, but could ask to go in Jan or next summer.

Similar situation to N'Zogbia and silly prices are being quoted for him. Though the obvious difference is that Wigan don't look as if they want to sell.

Loveable Dave Whelan says they have to sell. Looks like he's holding out for big money.

Initial reports said he wants :

£12m from a CL club

£10m from a non-CL club

Villa are rumoured to have bid close to £10m

Newcastle are said to have bid £4m

I don't think he's worth that kind of money for one season's performance in the prem. But crazier things have happened (Carroll). Is he that capable as a defender too? Makes too many errors for a champions league team imo.

I'm also not sure I'd want him to stay now. Yes because he was amazing for us last season, but he could sign a new contract and tell us he never wants to leave, but could ask to go in Jan or next summer.

Make your mind up :lol: I think he's class btw. I tend to think he'd be brilliant for CL side too. Arsenal, as mentioned would be a good move for him.

Make your mind up :lol: I think he's class btw. I tend to think he'd be brilliant for CL side too. Arsenal, as mentioned would be a good move for him.

One of the top LB's in the world IMO

Cant think of many who i'd rather have, if any

Then why did citeh (best supported club in the history of football. Fact!) buy Clichy, when they could have had Ricky for a reasonable sum??

Then why did citeh (best supported club in the history of football. Fact!) buy Clichy, when they could have had Ricky for a reasonable sum??

More money than sense really, and probably just went of his reputation as a top 4 full-back although for me he's stagnated over the past few seasons and hasnt progressed as he should have

Enrique>Clichy