José Enrique

Baggio

two new defenders in 24 hours :lol:

anyone know much about this spanish lad? is he an attacking full back or is the tall, defend first attack later type sam was talking about?

i'm intrigued by some of sam's comments there. i guess our interest in baines is over now so assuming we sign that serbian centre half i wonder who the ginal player on the list is - an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and flair would go down nicely.

suddenly the pessimism is lifting. might have to change myname again.

anyone know much about this spanish lad? is he an attacking full back or is the tall, defend first attack later type sam was talking about?

i'm intrigued by some of sam's comments there. i guess our interest in baines is over now so assuming we sign that serbian centre half i wonder who the final player on the list is - an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and flair would go down nicely.

I'd be happy to see a quality wide player arrive....

Guest Patrokles

i'm intrigued by some of sam's comments there. i guess our interest in baines is over now so assuming we sign that serbian centre half i wonder who the final player on the list is - an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and flair would go down nicely.

You reckon? I think we have quality in the wide areas, and a degree of cover too.

two new defenders in 24 hours ;)

Malbranque? :lol:

I've noticed over on Newcastle online a few people saying Enrique might also be able to play left midfield, it'd be good if we got him covering LB and LM as well as Drago cvering CB and LB, that's the kind of versatility we need and would also be likely something Big Sam has looked at.

I've noticed over on Newcastle online a few people saying Enrique might also be able to play left midfield, it'd be good if we got him covering LB and LM as well as Drago cvering CB and LB, that's the kind of versatility we need and would also be likely something Big Sam has looked at.

could potentially be those two plus baines. can't baines cover left mid too?

could potentially be those two plus baines. can't baines cover left mid too?

People often say he's better going forward than defending at times, though i have no idea myself, so he probably can. You'd worry about Zog a little if we did sign all three of them!!! But i think 2 from 3 is more likely, and i'd take that happilly as it would be a big step in the right direction

two new defenders in 24 hours :icon_lol:

You reckon? I think we have quality in the wide areas, and a degree of cover too.

Time will tell on N'Zogbia and Milner. Hopefully Duff can get back to his Blackburn form and spur us on. Solano is good but I prefer him as RB backup to RW. If we could get a world class right winger in I'd be extatic.

I've got a bad feeling that this deal is going to come off the rails somewhere. Hurry up and get him signed!

Same, something doesn't seem right. I know newcastle rarely comment on possible transfers but nothing has come from the newcastle camp and for me, the supposed deal came completely out the blue. I really hope it's sorted soon because many have said he is very talented.

i'm intrigued by some of sam's comments there. i guess our interest in baines is over now so assuming we sign that serbian centre half i wonder who the ginal player on the list is - an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and flair would go down nicely.

He's a defender first and foremost. Very good positional awareness, and a good communicator across the back.

I can't understand why they're letting him go (if it is indeed true).

He's a defender first and foremost. Very good positional awareness, and a good communicator across the back.

i heard it was because barcelona and another unamed spanish club contacted villareal and they didn't want him playing for a rival spanish club

i heard it was because barcelona and another unamed spanish club contacted villareal and they didn't want him playing for a rival spanish club

So basically exactly the same as the Luque deal then :icon_lol:

So basically exactly the same as the Luque deal then :icon_lol:

oh fuck lol

NEWCASTLE have signed one left-back, according to reports in Spain, but could be on the verge of landing another – and it’s NOT Leighton Baines.

La Liga side Villarreal claim to have agreed a £4 million, five-year deal with United for Spanish Under-21 international Jose Enrique; their club website read: “We want to thank Jose Enrique for his contributions to the club and wish him much luck in his footballing career.”

But after the Magpies’ £5 million bid for Baines appeared to fail, Sevilla’s Serbian star Ivica Dragutinovic remains hopeful of securing a £2.5 million, three-year move to Tyneside after rejecting the offer of a new contract with the UEFA Cup holders.

“I am happy in Sevilla but the English offer is very important in all aspects, not exclusively in terms of money,” said the 31-year-old.

“It really is very complicated to reject the chance to join Newcastle. I have always wanted to play in England, the league is strong and for men like me the physical aspect is not a problem.

“I know English football and Newcastle is one of the historic clubs and the objective will be to fight for a European position. The coach (Sam Allardyce) tried to sign me for Bolton during my stay in Belgium (with Standard Liege) so I am not unknown to him.”

Guest Patrokles
Enrique is at the ground for the Samp game, so that's a positive.

Did you spot him in the crowd ? :icon_lol:

He's in front of Sam and Chris Mort, saw it on the telly just now.

Enrique is at the ground for the Samp game, so that's a positive.

Did you spot him in the crowd ? :icon_lol:

He's in front of Sam and Chris Mort, saw it on the telly just now.

oh :rolleyes::icon_lol:

Good stuff about Enrique, hopefully that deal will be concluded tomorrow and we'll finally have a left back!!!!

Then we can look forward to Sam getting another couple of players in on top of that, certainly one more before the season kicks off.