José Enrique

Baggio

Well, I think Kennedy is the best LB I 've seen at the club, and Enrique the best since him. There have been others in between I never saw much of I guess, so it is just my impression, I'm not being categorical about it.

Mentioning Sweeney and Stimmo is like putting James Perch in a NUFC greatest eleven line up mate.

Well, I think Kennedy is the best LB I 've seen at the club, and Enrique the best since him. There have been others in between I never saw much of I guess, so it is just my impression, I'm not being categorical about it.

;):D

Personally I think he's wanted out for a long time and a crack at CL footie and competing at the top of the league. I read somewhere he'll be on 60K at Liverpool and so on..Done well for us, but the situation and level we are competing at right now, there is little chance we're going to be able to keep players who have adapted and look quality in the PL like Ricky. With a year left on his deal this was inevitable and he knows we're not going to be challenging for any kind of honours in the near to medium future. That's the long and the short of it.

Edited by Park Life

Personally I think he's wanted out for a long time and a crack at CL footie and competing at the top of the league. I read somewhere he'll be on 60K at Liverpool and so on..Done well for us, but the situation and level we are competing at right now, there is little chance we're going to be able to keep players who have adapted and look quality in the PL like Ricky. With a year left on his deal this was inevitable and he knows we're not going to be challenging for any kind of honours in the near to medium future. That's the long and the short of it.

Very grown up of you Mr P.

DAMN HIM! DAMN HIS EYES! I HOPE HE EATS SHIT IN HELL THE HISPANIC JUDAS!

Very grown up of you Mr P.

DAMN HIM! DAMN HIS EYES! I HOPE HE EATS SHIT IN HELL THE HISPANIC JUDAS!

;)

No matter how justified he is in his decision to leave I'll still be pissed watching him play for Liverpool. I think I'd rather him have gone anywhere else to be honest.

Now we get to sit and wait like helpless idiots to see whether we're lucky enough to have him replaced by a cheaper inferior player on lower wages, or whether we'll have to settle for the Chronicle and .co.uk bigging up some square peg round hole 'alternatives' that we already have in our squad.

The last real quality left back I remember at Newcastle was Alan Kennedy....history repeats...

Robbie Elliott was decent, Beresford was a cracking leftback. Bernard was canny and err....... ;)

Stimson was really Jason Donovan's understudy when he was playing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat but got lost one night whilst playing at the Theatre Royal, got pissed and was signed by Jim Smith who was equally drunk and thought he was Andreas Brehme the West German left back. Sweeney was a Butchers apprentice from Scotland who Smith spotted one day chasing chickens around the Butchers yard with a mad demonic look in his eyes as Smith popped in to get some chops for their lass. He thought he'd do a job in the second division. Darren Bradshaw used to lead funeral corteges in a slow, dour manner befitting his Yorkshire roots, so when the Bald Eagle had to wait ages at a junction to let the cortege past he thought his speed would be the ideal foil to Kevin Dillons headless chicken style.

More as the memory cells return.

Agreed. Disappointing but not surprising.

Personally going to ignore every single Liverpool game en TV next season. I don't think even I could handle the levels of bitterness I'd feel towards them and our hierarchy watching Enrique and Carroll doing the business for that horrible lot. Felt dirty just typing it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barton end up there with Gerrard perma crocked.

Personally going to ignore every single Liverpool game en TV next season. I don't think even I could handle the levels of bitterness I'd feel towards them and our hierarchy watching Enrique and Carroll doing the business for that horrible lot. Felt dirty just typing it.

I'll be ignoring every Newcastle game at this rate.

That is probably what it'll come to with this regime, they'll only have the truly mong-featured left.

Still, it's great knowing that the club is breaking even. GETS ME SO EXCITED!

Edited by trophyshy

Indeed, i can picture my face now with the likes of strolla and best etc walking out against arsenal.

As above i'd not be surprised if barton went to liverpool, two players who are used to putting in crosses for carroll in the same team both of which performed well last season, makes sense.

As I've rapped the ST in but have ESPN I've got a few people coming round for the Arsenal game. Other than that I honestly wouldn't be that arsed about watching it the way I feel atm.

SHANE FERGUSON could be back from injury in time for the explosive Premier League opener with Arsenal.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has a huge question mark over the left-back slot – with Jose Enrique thought to be a top priority for Liverpool – and has limited remaining options if he does not bring in a new face.

Once capped Northern Ireland player Ferguson has shown real promise at first team level in the last 12 months but lacks experience, as do alternatives James Tavernier and Paul Dummett.

Ryan Taylor and Danny Simpson have done a job there in the Premier League, but would be first to admit it is not their preferred positions.

Ferguson injured his ankle in the 2-0 win at Darlington last month with United staff fearing a more serious break.

Pardew – who oversaw a fringe team at Gateshead last night – also feels ankle victim Danny Guthrie could be back earlier than first thought.

And he told the Chronicle: “Fergie looks like he is going to be involved towards the back end of the week. Danny has also progressed very well.

“Those are two players I was hoping would really push for their place this year so it was a blow to lose them.

“Fergie gives us options on that left-hand side. At left-back we have an issue. Forget about Jose’s situation, no one player has covered that position particularly well.”

Meanwhile, Joey Barton arrived at the club’s training ground yesterday and was told to train alone. He left clutching some belongings before signing autographs for dozens of fans.

The Chronicle understands that the club are having a thorough review of their player policy on social media and exactly how it should be used, given the problems caused by both Barton and Enrique’s recent Twitter posts.

I can see 'Pards' going with 'experience' and it being Ryan Taylor at RB and Simpson at left-back. Marginally better than the other way round I suppose.

I can see 'Pards' going with 'experience' and it being Ryan Taylor at RB and Simpson at left-back. Marginally better than the other way round I suppose.

Doesn't bare thinking about and Fergie isn't the answer either, I was semi optimistic after the way we started off, now we are chasing a half decent Turk who doesn't want to come and that seems about it

Was waiting for this like. No doubt we'll be seeing a load of shite over the next couple of weeks about how Fergusson's going to be the man to save us a load of money on buying a new left back. Which will be good because I hear the board room needs a new carpet!