José Enrique

Baggio

No doubt we'll be seeing a load of shite over the next couple of weeks about how Fergusson's going to be the man to save us a load of money on buying a new left back.

You reckon we should just ban CT now?

I think the knock-on effect of Enrique (in particular) going will be the departure of Coloccini and Jonas. Whether that's this summer or (more likely) January or next summer, only time will tell. And they'll be hard to replace on the cheap.

Apparently the Enrique fee has to cover the entire cost of that new carpet and it's wages/agents fees, so we wont see that money either!

Don't forget the payment of carpet tacks that'll become due

Apparently the Enrique fee has to cover the entire cost of that new carpet and it's wages/agents fees, so we wont see that money either!

They have already set aside money for this in January.

No doubt more crap abOut keeping our powder dry and having injured lads back being like new signings. I wish I wasn't so cynical about this lot.

You don't have to be - so long as you aren't a complete dullard most negative comments will be correct.

It won't hoover itself y'knaa, gotta factor in the cleaners wages....and her hoover....and the electricity to run it.

The stupidest part of all of this is that I reckon it would be far more exciting AND profitable to be the owner of a successful team.

At some point he's going to want to sell us so any shitting on us he does will cost him too.

I hope he develops a toothache this afternoon and that he can't get an appointment for a while cause the dentists are all on holiday.

They have already set aside money for this in January.

Coming out of the teabag budget though! ;)

The stupidest part of all of this is that I reckon it would be far more exciting AND profitable to be the owner of a successful team.

At some point he's going to want to sell us so any shitting on us he does will cost him too.

I hope he develops a toothache this afternoon and that he can't get an appointment for a while cause the dentists are all on holiday.

What an evil, evil thought.

It's got that bad to be honest.

Just read with interest that Jlloyd Samuel has been released by Bolton.....sounds an ideal left back for us..... useless, won't cost a penny (apart from comparitively cheap wages) and unlikely to rock the boat....he's now moved to odds on in my book, ahead of Iain Harte...

I hope he finds a dentist. Like Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man.

I hope he finds a dentist. Like Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man.

Teeth_IsItSafe_MarathonMan.jpg

Reflecting on the turn of events, it seems to me that Liverpool and Enrique/his agent had this stitched up last season, as confirmed by Phil Thompson. His general huffiness, lack of form, refusal to discuss contracts etc and then the tweets imo all confirm that. If anything I think the club have been staring Liverpool down, in the hope they can jack up the price. On his side, I bet Enrique and his agent have been trying to force their hand, culminating in the recent tweets.

The whole thing stinks imo. The sad thing is, although it seems utterly obvious he was always going to leave, the club won't have anyone lined up. They'll faxing their "top targets" on 31 August and working through their "hit list" and be told to fuck off.

if we'd shown the ambition liverpool did last season then he wouldnt be going imo

they sold their "star striker" and used that money to improve, we sold our star striker and did fuck all with it. they sacked their manager and brought a club legend back in who has turned them around, we sacked a club legend in the making and brought in alan pardew

our seasons were running parallels during the first half of last year but once again we're going one way and theyre going another

its happened with them before when the "big 4" first became established it was when we fell away and liverpool consolidated

then it was us and spurs but they got redknapp and modric and invested like mad and pulled away from us as we went down

now its liverpool again.

if we'd shown the ambition liverpool did last season then he wouldnt be going imo

they sold their "star striker" and used that money to improve, we sold our star striker and did fuck all with it. they sacked their manager and brought a club legend back in who has turned them around, we sacked a club legend in the making and brought in alan pardew

our seasons were running parallels during the first half of last year but once again we're going one way and theyre going another

its happened with them before when the "big 4" first became established it was when we fell away and liverpool consolidated

then it was us and spurs but they got redknapp and modric and invested like mad and pulled away from us as we went down

now its liverpool again.

The man speaks the truth.

now its liverpool again.

The man speaks the truth.

Yes. Ambition costs money which we're not prepared to spend. The funds are needed elsewhere.