José Enrique

Baggio

There is absolutely no way we will have signed a replacement by the weekend. This seems clever.

Nail on head.

In just the same way we didn't get to sign a replacement for Carroll back in January. Mind you it might help if the club had any interest in replacing.

Nothing personal against Jose, but I genuinely hope he tries to play too much football for Dalglish's tastes and it all turns to shit for him pronto. Some ill advised dribbles out of defence, followed by dispossession and the ball banged into his own net would be a nice little bonus.

At this point I'm glad to see the back of him. He's a complete cunt and he's dragged the club through the mud.

I'll add my name to the list of people who hope it goes thoroughly tits up for him.

Not as bad as the way Ben Arfa went on to get here tbh. That's gone well for him so far like so I'm sure some Marseille fans were smug about that.

Nothing personal against Jose, but I genuinely hope he tries to play too much football for Dalglish's tastes and it all turns to shit for him pronto. Some ill advised dribbles out of defence, followed by dispossession and the ball banged into his own net would be a nice little bonus.

aye

At this point I'm glad to see the back of him. He's a complete cunt and he's dragged the club through the mud.

I'll add my name to the list of people who hope it goes thoroughly tits up for him.

I think I'm a bit more philosophical about it than that tbh. This is essentially cyclical for us now where any top performer reaches a contract renewal phase. They will naturally want more money, they won't be offered it and so they'll want away. In that case it's all about managing their exit, their replacement and damage limitation.

In the case of newbies, you get them in on peanuts and if they perform they got one contract upgrade. They don't get another one after that however.

In the case of those brought in on the higher money, if they perform there's no scope for contract upgrade and they get shipped.

I think I'm a bit more philosophical about it than that tbh. This is essentially cyclical for us now where any top performer reaches a contract renewal phase. They will naturally want more money, they won't be offered it and so they'll want away. In that case it's all about managing their exit, their replacement and damage limitation.

In the case of newbies, you get them in on peanuts and if they perform they got one contract upgrade. They don't get another one after that however.

In the case of those brought in on the higher money, if they perform there's no scope for contract upgrade and they get shipped.

Aye. Tbh, unlike the club, he's ambitious. Massive shame he's going to them lot though.

Pretty much spot on. It's only a matter of time before Collo and Jonas will be leaving also.

Don't get the Enrique hatred. I for one can't bitch about the club on one hand then expect the players to put up with the shit willingly. The ambition of the club is written on the wall many times over, clearly he's leaving because his ambition has outgrown that of the club. No problems with that.

Can't stand that he's going to Liverpool though. Hate those cunts.

I agree with Mancleton. This is the club's plan in action, ideally they'd liked to have sold him before now and gotten more money for him but it wasn't until last season that he proved himself in the PL.

Good luck to the guy, was abit of a cunt towards the end though. I'd have respected him if he slated the board on Twitter because he cared about the clubs lack of ambition but in truth he was just using them as an excuse to get his transfer.

Aye. Tbh, unlike the club, he's ambitious. Massive shame he's going to them lot though.

Yup. I think he probably has acted up a bit as Tom says, but I'm not taking that personally. At the end of the day, within reason, that's often the players weapon of choice when they want to engineer a move. It's the club that sets and operates the wage policy so they're effectively on notice this is the likely outcome each time renewal rolls around. So if the wage policy stays the same, taking the sentiment out of it, it's about getting the player shipped with the minimum disruption to team moral (which is wholly foreseeable) and with a genuinely viable replacement lined up (deal basically done). If the club isn't doing that, then it's the club's fault.

Enrique's ambitious for better football and for better cash, and in the case of the latter, he's not arsed about the economics of it, he's only arsed about who can give it him. In that case he's like any other footballer in the history of the game, bar perhaps Matt Le Tissier, so the club can't cry foul.

So before the season even ended it was clear we needed better than we have at...

1 FW

1 RB

1 CB

We since sold...

1 CB (Campbell)

1 FW (Kuqi)

1 CM (Nolan)

1 RW (Routledge)

1 LB (Enrique)

So we need to sign

2 FW (Ba and...)

2 CB (...)

1 RB (...)

1 LB (...)

1 CM (Cabaye)

1 RW (Obertan)

Assume we must be touting Gutierrez about, or Marveaux wouldn't fill any gap we have at the moment.....or (more realistically) we just sign whatever becomes available on the cheap rather than having a vision of a squad with 2 players for every position.

This isn't a case of us being "vulnerable to the big clubs" or whatever Rapey mentioned the other day. Enrique seemed happy enough here and had mates in the squad. I think he's left due to the complete lack of ambition shown.

Not worked up about this, it's been on the cards. A player with a modicum of ambition isn't satisfied with our owners and leaves to join a club displaying ambition. Inevitable. If it weren't for Barton's past misdemeanours another club would have picked him up too imo.

Think there'll be a lot more interest in Barton as the end of the window approaches...he'll be second choice for lots of clubs who don't want his volatility, but as their targets go elsewhere, they'll want to jump on whatever quality is available.

This isn't a case of us being "vulnerable to the big clubs" or whatever Rapey mentioned the other day. Enrique seemed happy enough here and had mates in the squad. I think he's left due to the complete lack of ambition shown.

It's probably his suggestion that this is the case now but won't be in a couple of years or so that I find the most insulting. If we aren't in a position to tell people to fuck off after January we never will be under Ashley. Like others have said though this barely hurts to be honest as it was fully expected. Even re-thinking the notion of attending the odd home game now as I'm not happy with the idea of handing another penny over to the club. Might get the odd freebie like.

Not worked up about this, it's been on the cards. A player with a modicum of ambition isn't satisfied with our owners and leaves to join a club displaying ambition. Inevitable. If it weren't for Barton's past misdemeanours another club would have picked him up too imo.

Think there'll be a lot more interest in Barton as the end of the window approaches...he'll be second choice for lots of clubs who don't want his volatility, but as their targets go elsewhere, they'll want to jump on whatever quality is available.

Aye, I think he's only training with the first team because even Llambias twigged how daft banishing to train with the kids was. Or he was told.

I just texted a Liverpool fan: they could have had (could still have, let's wait and see) Barton and Enrique for £6mill in transfer fees instead of Henderson for £20 mill was it? Madness. £14 mill left over to get a decent centre half, now Carragher is OAP age and their other centre halfs are shite/crocks.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt