José Enrique

Baggio

While his link up play with Jonas hasn't worked too well this season, his interplay with Collo has come on leaps and bounds.

My biggest concern with Jose is Fulham targeted him for his extra touches. They were on him like a rash. I'd be interest to see how he copes when more teams start to do this. Although the return of Ben Afra will certainly changes the dynamics of how teams approach that wing. Lennon switched wings as he was getting nothing down our left.

Guest Marshall-Barnes
Attention sought - success.

I should know better by now tbh.

I don't know why anyone would seek attention by making themselves look stupid, unless it's direct deprication for a bit carry on. It shouldn't be about attention anyway it's to share good views on NUFC, and debate points, and CT could argue that's what he's doing. However a post like the OP is like debating that Adolf Hitler was a good thing for the Jewish world.

He's class and of course he's improving he's made the jump from Championship to Premiership with ease. The reason Simpson may be getting in on the attack more at the moment is because Barton is the form player in our team so a lot of our play goes through him. He's head and shoulders clear of Simpson defensively, watch the Tottenham game for example Lennon was in Enrique's back pocket so he switched wings and all of a sudden was devastating us as Simpson has too much of a tendency to be pulled into a more central position which kept giving Lennon space.

Howay CT you must surely know the comment about Enrique not making enough last ditch tackles is mental, you only make those tackles out of desperation. He's among our top performers and easily one of the best players in our team, like others have stated he's also among the top 3 left backs in the league.

Edited by Barton7

It's like CT exists on a parallel Universe or something. Bizarre thread this, even by his standards. Are you contrary for the sake of it CT or do you really believe what you type?

Whats contrary about having a discussion about whether a player has improved or not.

Awaits answer.......

Bump :lol:

It's like CT exists on a parallel Universe or something. Bizarre thread this, even by his standards. Are you contrary for the sake of it CT or do you really believe what you type?

Whats contrary about having a discussion about whether a player has improved or not.

Awaits answer.......

The fact you're asking if one of our widely acknowledged best players has improved. That sentence should literally answer that question for good.

Not at all. My opinion is that his attacking side has gone back, its very simple.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Clearly one of the top performers we have and 99% of what I've seen of him this season he has been another class. If he was English he would be playing at international level and I'm quite amazed he hasn't even warranted a call up to Spain's squad let alone won a cap.

Awaits answer.......

The fact you're asking if one of our widely acknowledged best players has improved. That sentence should literally answer that question for good.

Not at all. My opinion is that his attacking side has gone back, its very simple.

Yet you can't recall this attacking side specifically. Except in the Championship where he was so above and beyond the rest of the division, he could afford to go forward a bit more. It's only natural that he wouldn't be so gung-ho in the PL because the chances of getting caught out and punished are much higher.

Btw, nothing like some cold hard facts in a debate like this. On Saturday, Danny Simpson made 7 tackles. He won 3 and lost 4. Enrique made 9 tackles. He won 6 and lost 3. Source: Guardian chalkboards.

Its not just tackles though, the same chalkboard shows simpson made 5 blocks and interceptions compared to Enriques 1.

You may remember one of them was when Walcott was virtually clean through and about to shoot.

Clichy

Clark

Ridgewell

Crainey

Robinson

Cole

BAINES

Hughes

Aurelio

Kolarov

Evra

Higginbotham

Assou Ekoto

Cech

Bridge

Bardsley

Elokobi

Figueroa

Now I'm not being biased here, but only the players I've bolded are better left backs than Enrique, the main reason being, in my mind they're 2 of the best 3 left backs in the world. Apart from that I'd laugh in anyones face to say anyone I haven't mentioned being better.

I know you court controversy, that's fine, but you have to understand you look a bit silly with posts like this. I won't post again in this thread.

I knew you wouldnt answer the one simple question and would use the "I wont post again card". :lol:

It was very straight forward.

Surely in this "HORRIFIC" post, you can bold the bit that is truly horrific. :lol:

I know he's done really well for us, but this season I think he's finding it tougher and tougher.

We all know he can sprint and then guard the ball while he turns and comes out of defence, but the rest of his game doesnt really seem to have grown.

Very rarely do you see him going in with a sliding tackle a la Barton.

His attacking game has nearly disappeared, however I lay the blame for that with the poor form of Jonas, more than just Enriques fault. Think he's almost scared to make the runs down to the bye line as he knows that more often than not, Jonas will lose possession.

I appreciate he gets lots of love for his contributions to facebook, but anyone got an objective view on how they think he's developed so far.

Is the bit where I say he's done really well this season?

Is it the bit where I say he can sprint and guard the ball?

Seriously, it will help me see the error of my ways if you could point out the horrific bit. :lol:

While his link up play with Jonas hasn't worked too well this season, his interplay with Collo has come on leaps and bounds.

My biggest concern with Jose is Fulham targeted him for his extra touches. They were on him like a rash. I'd be interest to see how he copes when more teams start to do this. Although the return of Ben Afra will certainly changes the dynamics of how teams approach that wing. Lennon switched wings as he was getting nothing down our left.

Good Post.

See sheep, its not that hard to discuss now is it. :lol:

I don't know why anyone would seek attention by making themselves look stupid, unless it's direct deprication for a bit carry on. It shouldn't be about attention anyway it's to share good views on NUFC, and debate points, and CT could argue that's what he's doing. However a post like the OP is like debating that Adolf Hitler was a good thing for the Jewish world.

which bit man :lol:

Guest Marshall-Baines

which bit man :lol:

All of it the full thing. The thing that makes me laugh is you're basing it one game where he was by no means our worst player, in a game the whole team produced one of THE WORST first half performances I can ever remember they were all dire, Tiote looked lost even in the first half. I'm too busy to discuss this pish at the minute, but the whole post is pathetic.

I disagree with Phil too Jose has worked well on the left the reason it's not as potent is because Jonas' form has dipped playing against better right backs, it's not Jose's main function to attack although when he does, he does it well.

He's class and of course he's improving he's made the jump from Championship to Premiership with ease. The reason Simpson may be getting in on the attack more at the moment is because Barton is the form player in our team so a lot of our play goes through him. He's head and shoulders clear of Simpson defensively, watch the Tottenham game for example Lennon was in Enrique's back pocket so he switched wings and all of a sudden was devastating us as Simpson has too much of a tendency to be pulled into a more central position which kept giving Lennon space.

Howay CT you must surely know the comment about Enrique not making enough last ditch tackles is mental, you only make those tackles out of desperation. He's among our top performers and easily one of the best players in our team, like others have stated he's also among the top 3 left backs in the league.

???? He was a fully fledged Premiership player with 50 or 60 appearances under his belt before we were in the championship so of course the jump back to the premiership was easy!

And again, I wasnt comparing him to other left backs are saying he wasnt good. I was commenting on his development and overall abilities.

A few, like yourself, back up what I was saying about him attacking less, (not that Alex thinks he really attacks anyway????).

Too many bleating sheep with nothing to say in this thread. (not you btw).

Btw, nothing like some cold hard facts in a debate like this. On Saturday, Danny Simpson made 7 tackles. He won 3 and lost 4. Enrique made 9 tackles. He won 6 and lost 3. Source: Guardian chalkboards.

Its not just tackles though, the same chalkboard shows simpson made 5 blocks and interceptions compared to Enriques 1.

You may remember one of them was when Walcott was virtually clean through and about to shoot.

I never made the argument being a full-back was all about tackling though, you made the specific (inaccurate) point about it.

Awaits answer.......

Yet you can't recall this attacking side specifically. Except in the Championship where he was so above and beyond the rest of the division, he could afford to go forward a bit more. It's only natural that he wouldn't be so gung-ho in the PL because the chances of getting caught out and punished are much higher.

Honestly cant believe Im reading this tbh :lol: In his 60 odd prem games before relegation I would have though that most people would recall his wing play with Jonas and how they overlapped each other down the left. Truly astonished.

Look at the Arsenal second half, Simpson was all over the box making last minute sliding tackles.

Btw, he made no successful tackles in box in the whole 90 mins and he made one block :lol:

All right CT, here's how I see it.

You're suggesting Jose is on the wane because he's not dominating the Premier League right wingers as he did the Championship Right wingers?

I want to be clear before I form an answer.

CT you're like the kid at school who constantly had the shit kicked out of him because he tried to be a clever shite and just ended up looking like a tit.

Words fail me but we should know better of you by now.

And your like one of those bullies hangers on who was terrified to have his own fight but when there was 20 onto 1 you would rush in from behind the crowd, get a kick in and run away. :lol:

Another one tut tutting but failing to point out which bit of the op makes "words fail you" :lol: