José Enrique

Baggio

Is that Lee 'wide of the mark' Ryder? It's pretty crap when a hack from a national paper trots out the myth of Jose being shit mostly before last season but you can probably understand them falling for that cliche. I find it unacceptable when it's someone who watched him loads though. Nice to see him sidling up to the owner again as well.

I sympathise with him rather than condemn him, its not easy writing things and having deadlines. The Chronicle has to write positively about the club too.

The real sympathy goes to those who take it in.

Thing is though leazes, there ARE plenty of fans out there who WILL be pissed off that a player that has been so backed by the fans is openly talking about and courting other clubs.

Last year he wanted to spend his career here, a few weeks ago it was a case of waiting til we're safe and now he's off.

Fair enough if you are going to fuck off in the summer for a CL club, but dont start the romance with the next set of fans in February.

Is that Lee 'wide of the mark' Ryder? It's pretty crap when a hack from a national paper trots out the myth of Jose being shit mostly before last season but you can probably understand them falling for that cliche. I find it unacceptable when it's someone who watched him loads though. Nice to see him sidling up to the owner again as well.

I sympathise with him rather than condemn him, its not easy writing things and having deadlines. The Chronicle has to write positively about the club too.

Thing is though leazes, there ARE plenty of fans out there who WILL be pissed off that a player that has been so backed by the fans is openly talking about and courting other clubs.

Last year he wanted to spend his career here, a few weeks ago it was a case of waiting til we're safe and now he's off.

Fair enough if you are going to fuck off in the summer for a CL club, but dont start the romance with the next set of fans in February.

I know this.

But it's just the way it is.

The real problem is with NUFC. We should be a club that attracts top players not the other way round. That is who I feel sorry for, those who don't get it.

Chelsea took over us whilst we were under the previous ownership because they were bankrolled by a billionaire. Now you've got a number of club's backed in a similar fashion. That means we can't compete with a number of clubs financially. That means they will be ahead of us, like Chelsea went ahead of us under the previous ownership. That means that even with our revenue at it's very fullest potential, we'd struggle to break into the top 4. We therefore won't attract the same players that the CL clubs can, like we couldn't attract the same players Chelsea could when the billionaire started funding them. Again, better players going to the bankrolled clubs was something that was happening under Shepherd/Halls, hence Chelsea overtaking us. More clubs are bankrolled in this fashion now. Meaning our fanbase and earning potential is pretty much useless when it comes to attracting players, sadly.

sorry to people for the multiple quotes, but

How old are you did you say ? Leazesmug ? :razz:

I'll repeat a post I made a while back to some other idiot who insinuated what you do, regarding Sir John Hall and Fat Fred.

Fred: Hey John, I've just sacked Bobby

SJH; Ok Fred, why ?

Fred: Well, I thought he was losing the plot

SJH: have you told Douglas

Fred: aye, he says he'll make a statement and pretend he agreed with me.

SJH: Ok Fred who do you have in mind to replace

Fred: I rather fancied that Souness bloke, you know, he'll show one or two of them who's boss around here

SJH: Ok Fred, just appoint who you like but make sure my 80m quid is OK mate

Fred: alreet mate, I'll let you know when he takes over.

I've also posted the facts ie facts from Keegans book, where he says he was appointed by Douglas Hall, Freddie Shepherd and Freddie Fletcher, and Sir John Hall knew nothing about it and they forced him to go along with it and sack Ardiles.

Not "twisting" anything. The Halls and Shepherd owned this club from 1992 until 2007. Nobody could do anything without the consent and agreement of the others. Sir John is many things, but he isn't a fool enough to hand over complete control of the vast value of the football club, that THEY built up from nothing, to exclusive control of either his son or Freddie Shepherd and have NO input. You're fucking mad if you think this, and so is anybody else.

Like I said, you've been reading too much of that tragic rubbish on skunkers mate. Give it a miss, apart when you want to banter with mackems, because tbh that's all its good for.

Fuck off with the Skunkers references, they're not even relevant, except that you're a figure of ridicule over there and a lone voice in the wilderness and still wrong.

Just read this (you wont), and absorb what it says, it's 100% independent from any shading by black and white coloured glasses:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/ne...ource=BP_recent

whatever. Only myself and MWNN called Ashley correctly early on in his ownership, I saw posts over there saying how wonderful Ashley was because he bought pints in the Bigg Market, and behaved like an immature wanker with zero class for doing the conga in the boardroom when we beat the mackems. Who's stupid ???????? Fuckin laughable. :lol:

I almost pissed myself laughing at their stupidity and ignorance.

What colour glasses do you wear ?

FACT: The Halls and Shepherd gave you by far the best 15 years of your lifetime, plenty of posters on skunkers and other message boards proclaimed "anyone would be better" such was their complete ignorance. Older posters like you should know better. It's just a shame you condemn it so much. It's an even bigger shame, that despite the last few years, and the gradual erosion of the fanbase and revenues that Ashley inherited, that you still don't see it. This club is going down and down, so far a decent first season back in the top flight on the back of the spirit fostered through winning a lot last season in the lower league has fooled some people [stupid people?] but unless he sells a fall is coming and you haven't seen anything yet - well you have, or you say you have.

The full 15 years, no way, for a period of it yes but then it's been steadily downhill (in football terms, which is frankly way down my list of really important "life" stuff).

You didn't read the link did you :icon_lol:

There's blame on both sides and neither is lillywhite (pun intended) despite your protestations to the contrary. For every boardroom classless conga there's a fake sheik, which is worse.

Chelsea took over us whilst we were under the previous ownership because they were bankrolled by a billionaire. Now you've got a number of club's backed in a similar fashion. That means we can't compete with a number of clubs financially. That means they will be ahead of us, like Chelsea went ahead of us under the previous ownership. That means that even with our revenue at it's very fullest potential, we'd struggle to break into the top 4. We therefore won't attract the same players that the CL clubs can, like we couldn't attract the same players Chelsea could when the billionaire started funding them. Again, better players going to the bankrolled clubs was something that was happening under Shepherd/Halls, hence Chelsea overtaking us. More clubs are bankrolled in this fashion now. Meaning our fanbase and earning potential is pretty much useless when it comes to attracting players, sadly.

He won't accept that man!!! It's still the 70's/80's in his world and you can keep a player forever if you want to.

sorry to people for the multiple quotes, but

How old are you did you say ? Leazesmug ? :razz:

I'll repeat a post I made a while back to some other idiot who insinuated what you do, regarding Sir John Hall and Fat Fred.

Fred: Hey John, I've just sacked Bobby

SJH; Ok Fred, why ?

Fred: Well, I thought he was losing the plot

SJH: have you told Douglas

Fred: aye, he says he'll make a statement and pretend he agreed with me.

SJH: Ok Fred who do you have in mind to replace

Fred: I rather fancied that Souness bloke, you know, he'll show one or two of them who's boss around here

SJH: Ok Fred, just appoint who you like but make sure my 80m quid is OK mate

Fred: alreet mate, I'll let you know when he takes over.

I've also posted the facts ie facts from Keegans book, where he says he was appointed by Douglas Hall, Freddie Shepherd and Freddie Fletcher, and Sir John Hall knew nothing about it and they forced him to go along with it and sack Ardiles.

Not "twisting" anything. The Halls and Shepherd owned this club from 1992 until 2007. Nobody could do anything without the consent and agreement of the others. Sir John is many things, but he isn't a fool enough to hand over complete control of the vast value of the football club, that THEY built up from nothing, to exclusive control of either his son or Freddie Shepherd and have NO input. You're fucking mad if you think this, and so is anybody else.

Like I said, you've been reading too much of that tragic rubbish on skunkers mate. Give it a miss, apart when you want to banter with mackems, because tbh that's all its good for.

Fuck off with the Skunkers references, they're not even relevant, except that you're a figure of ridicule over there and a lone voice in the wilderness and still wrong.

Just read this (you wont), and absorb what it says, it's 100% independent from any shading by black and white coloured glasses:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/ne...ource=BP_recent

whatever. Only myself and MWNN called Ashley correctly early on in his ownership, I saw posts over there saying how wonderful Ashley was because he bought pints in the Bigg Market, and behaved like an immature wanker with zero class for doing the conga in the boardroom when we beat the mackems. Who's stupid ???????? Fuckin laughable. :lol:

I almost pissed myself laughing at their stupidity and ignorance.

What colour glasses do you wear ?

FACT: The Halls and Shepherd gave you by far the best 15 years of your lifetime, plenty of posters on skunkers and other message boards proclaimed "anyone would be better" such was their complete ignorance. Older posters like you should know better. It's just a shame you condemn it so much. It's an even bigger shame, that despite the last few years, and the gradual erosion of the fanbase and revenues that Ashley inherited, that you still don't see it. This club is going down and down, so far a decent first season back in the top flight on the back of the spirit fostered through winning a lot last season in the lower league has fooled some people [stupid people?] but unless he sells a fall is coming and you haven't seen anything yet - well you have, or you say you have.

The full 15 years, no way, for a period of it yes but then it's been steadily downhill (in football terms, which is frankly way down my list of really important "life" stuff).

You didn't read the link did you :icon_lol:

There's blame on both sides and neither is lillywhite (pun intended) despite your protestations to the contrary. For every boardroom classless conga there's a fake sheik, which is worse.

I've made several points which make your hysterical character based opinions look the rubbish they are. You don't respond to my point about the Halls and Shepherd owning the club together, because it is fact.

The entire 15 years is how you have to look at it, you can't cherry pick, its like saying Brian Clough was a shit manager because Forest were relegated in his last season, unless of course you have absolutely no idea of the state the club was in for over the best part of 3 decades prior to when they took it over. Nobody denies that a revamp of the team was necessary after Souness and nobody denies he was the wrong appointment, but you also suffer the delusion that many others have, and had in that you think the Halls and Shepherd are the only owners that ever made a bad managerial appointment - give yourself a shake man.

Nobody is saying we need a sheik to avoid selling our best players to clubs like Liverpool [not happened since 1986, co-incidence that you are blind to ?] and we certainly don't need a sheik to avoid competing at the levels of clubs like Bolton, Stoke etc and selling our best players to the likes of Villa and even worse, Wigan.

You need to look at yourself. You may think NUFC are a small club, but some of us realise differently.

Mike Ashley is destroying the fanbase and revenues he inherited at this football club, built up by the Halls and Shepherd over 15 years from nothing. That is business, nothing you can say can excuse him for it, and more fool you if you have such an irrational hatred for the owners who attracted 30,000 supporters and gave you the best 15 years of the last 50 that you can't see it.

I do agree with you that there is more important things to life than football, you tend to get that way when you reach your 50's don't you ? What a pity that you - like me - will look back on those 15 years as being the highlight of your football supporting life. At least one of us recognises it and appreciates it.

Edited by LeazesMag

He won't accept that man!!! It's still the 70's/80's in his world and you can keep a player forever if you want to.

Tell that to Sir Alex Im sure he'd argue you can.

He sold his best player iirc

Sorry mate, but we are not Man Utd, I'd also add the name Christian Ronaldo to the mix

exactly. Sir Alex should have appointed someone like Toonpack as a consultant to tell him where he went wrong.

Sorry mate, but we are not Man Utd, I'd also add the name Christian Ronaldo to the mix

throw Alan Shearer in there too ? Haha, what a laugh you are man. :D

Fuck this Lee Ryder cunt, he gets a wedge for writing absolute shite based upon lazy cliches and misinformation. Fuck him. It's very easy to write shit, I should know :D Give me a 30 minute deadline and I could come up with a better article than that shite. Where is he coming from criticizing one of our best players, who has served the club well? This is despite the fact he was slated in the media and treated like shit by Fat Sam.

Lee Ryder is paid to write about football, you'd think reading that he hasn't watched us over the last 3 seasons. He's an absolute moron, a hack and a shill. He should be ashamed of himself, writing bile about NUFC players for his cheque. It's not as though he is producing great works of literature, he probably just copies and pastes from N-O and goal.com, the useless dope. If he was required to produce an insightful and well-written article he would fail miserably.

Because we never sold Shearer the local lad that means that we should be able to keep any top player for any period of time that we choose.

I meant we bought him from Blackburn you thick cunt.

Because we never sold Shearer the local lad that means that we should be able to keep any top player for any period of time that we choose.

So you were talking about something completely different to everyone else then? :D

Shock!

this thread should be stickied.

Not that it will be funny in 12 months time, but a couple of people are going to look the absolute jokes that they are.

I don't know. You can't seem to grasp that we're higher in the league than we were when the club was taken over making you the joke.

So you were talking about something completely different to everyone else then? :D

Shock!

if you can't see the connection, your problem.

I thought you were leaving this board :icon_lol:

This thread will make you look an even bigger idiot in 12 months time.

Fuck this Lee Ryder cunt, he gets a wedge for writing absolute shite based upon lazy cliches and misinformation. Fuck him. It's very easy to write shit, I should know :D Give me a 30 minute deadline and I could come up with a better article than that shite. Where is he coming from criticizing one of our best players, who has served the club well? This is despite the fact he was slated in the media and treated like shit by Fat Sam.

Lee Ryder is paid to write about football, you'd think reading that he hasn't watched us over the last 3 seasons. He's an absolute moron, a hack and a shill. He should be ashamed of himself, writing bile about NUFC players for his cheque. It's not as though he is producing great works of literature, he probably just copies and pastes from N-O and goal.com, the useless dope. If he was required to produce an insightful and well-written article he would fail miserably.

fuckin hell, he gets his shite from Newcastle Online :icon_lol: that explains everything.

I could do better too like, but I'm far too modest...

Spurs have broken in to the top four without an arab or russian.

By selling star players and re-investing?

There's a big difference between selling Berbatov and getting players like Van Der Vaart as opposed to selling Carroll and being told that life after is in the form of best and lovenkraands.

I don't have much confidence that we are going to see an Andy Cole for Les Ferdinand deal going down here, do you? More chance of the likes of carlton fucking cole arriving