José Enrique

Baggio

All depends who wants him. I don't think he would go to Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea, as I doubt that he would be first choice. So probably only clubs who could be considered to be bigger than us, and could be interested are Man City. Doubt if Spuds have the money, unless they get into Champions League again. JJ Henry has stated that Liverpool now have to sell before they can buy. I think he'll stay.

Fairly logical point. Whats to say a big team from europe wont come in for him?

Who is LB for Barca and Real?

Abidal and Marcelo respectively I believe. Neither that good defensively

maxwell/ abidal for barca. attack/ defence in that order.

marcelo is awful defensively.

All depends who wants him. I don't think he would go to Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea, as I doubt that he would be first choice. So probably only clubs who could be considered to be bigger than us, and could be interested are Man City. Doubt if Spuds have the money, unless they get into Champions League again. JJ Henry has stated that Liverpool now have to sell before they can buy. I think he'll stay.

Fairly logical point. Whats to say a big team from europe wont come in for him?

Who is LB for Barca and Real?

Abidal and Marcelo respectively I believe. Neither that good defensively

maxwell/ abidal for barca. attack/ defence in that order.

marcelo is awful defensively.

see post 635 "most one sided game in my life" = memorable ? Or not ?

No not "most memorable game" (as you stated), but "most one sided", totally different animal, sorry but you're wrong, again.

Have seen far more memorable games in my time, but struggle to recall a more one sided (and yet losing) one, even if I got the score wrong, which shows how memorable (or not) it was, actually. Wish I'd kept some cuttings :(

FYI, My most memorable Newcastle game (a close run thing with the last minute(s) excitement of the Boro 3-3 away) was the Man U 5-0 as it happens, yes, that's right, a game under the stewardship of your idols, a game before they lost the plot.

is your memory always so selective ? It says everything you haven't got it in you to admit you were wrong....you'll be telling us next we challenged for the title and played in the Champions League under McKeag and Mike Ashley [anybody but Fred]....you couldn't make it up. How pathetic.

No not "most memorable game" (as you stated), but "most one sided", totally different animal, sorry but you're wrong, again.

Have seen far more memorable games in my time, but struggle to recall a more one sided (and yet losing) one, even if I got the score wrong, which shows how memorable (or not) it was, actually. Wish I'd kept some cuttings :(

FYI, My most memorable Newcastle game (a close run thing with the last minute(s) excitement of the Boro 3-3 away) was the Man U 5-0 as it happens, yes, that's right, a game under the stewardship of your idols, a game before they lost the plot.

is your memory always so selective ? It says everything you haven't got it in you to admit you were wrong....you'll be telling us next we challenged for the title and played in the Champions League under McKeag and Mike Ashley [anybody but Fred]....you couldn't make it up. How pathetic.

I bet you could, you manage to make up people's arguments in your head so I don't underestimate you :(

I bet you could, you manage to make up people's arguments in your head so I don't underestimate you :icon_lol:

He's got cuttings you know, tread carefully.

haha, your "memorable game" that didn't exist :good: omg :(:( btw, its not "cuttings" its called the internet :rolleyes: and not making up a "memorable game". I can tell you what game you are thinking of if you like, such is your "knowledge" of the club that you claim to have. :icon_lol:

now we all know you haven't got a clue and just make it up as you go. :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Have seen far more memorable games in my time, but struggle to recall a more one sided (and yet losing) one, even if I got the score wrong, which shows how memorable (or not) it was, actually. Wish I'd kept some cuttings :icon_lol:

I bet you could, you manage to make up people's arguments in your head so I don't underestimate you :(

even YOU can see what a fool Toonpack has made of himself here man.... :(

Anyone know what happened to Enrique on Saturday? Didn't seem to be injured....just walked off

on his way out of the club, is where he is going.

Anyone know what happened to Enrique on Saturday? Didn't seem to be injured....just walked off

Just guessing like but I think he was probably injured.

I genuinely wouldn't be that surprised if Jose and JB didn't play for us again.

I am a miserable fuck though

I said he'd played his last game for us. Was only half-joking as well.

• 1 month later...

He knows the people running the club are idiots and liars, so sadly he won't believe they'll back Pardew with any cash, so if he has any sense for his career, then yes he probably will be thinking of leaving, and since he's not a geordie brought up here, i don't blame him at all. However i don't think he will give any less playing this season whatever he's thinking.

I wouldn't sell him for £10m i'd want more than that if we had to let him go, and we'll replace him with Ferguson because he's here and thus free!

not particularly, no. at least no more than any of the other senior players - i wouldn't single enrique out. most of them will want off after ashley's actions this season and who could blame them? unless the likes of nolan, barton and enrique are offered new deals i think there will be an exodus.

i don't get why people keep singling enrique out for criticism. he's been consistently one of our best players for two years. he's the kind of player we should be giving extensions to, not selling.

Criticism? He was shit today. Was shit before he went off against Stoke too.

For a while now he hasnt looked right.

I'd let him go tbh.

We'll get 12mil tops for him.

do you honestly think we can afford to let top players like enrique go with mike ashley holding the purse strings?

it seems that the story we put out this morning that Jose Enrique will sign for Liverpool for £15M in the summer could well be true.

Jose Enrique - joining Andy Carroll at Liverpool

That’s because Liverpool legend and former coach, Phil Thompson, has said that his inside information is that Liverpool have already agreed the deal to sign the Newcastle defender.

Newcastle paid £6.3M to Villarreal to secure his services back in August of 2007, but it again seems that Liverpool are willing to pay big money for a Newcastle player – and the deal is said to be a cool £15M.

That means Carroll and Enrique will have cost Liverpool £50M, but hopefully most, if not all that money will be made available to Alan Pardew in the summer, to reinforce a squad that is wafer thin at the moment.

Newcastle are running out of players though injury and suspension this seaosn, and not only does the squad need to be improved in the summer with quality, but it needs to be increased in size too.

Enrique was also said to be a target of AC Milan, and the Italian club had said earlier they would offer Newcastle £13M for the player in the summer, but it seems Liverpool have topped that, and we expect Newcastle to get a sell-on clause in the contract too.

Thompson was speaking on an appearance on Norwegian television TV2 , and he said this today :

“From what I’ve heard, yes the deal has been done and he will come to Liverpool,”

“It’ll be interesting because he’s done very well. He had a difficult first season coming into the Premiership a couple of years ago but he really understands the game now.”

“He’s one of those full backs who is good going forward but he’s also a good defender and I think that is the main thing.”

We think this story probably has a lot of truth to it, so Newcastle fans should prepare themselves for Enrique to be on his way soon, but let’s hope we can keep Joey Barton at Newcastle.

We’d like to see Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton both sign new contracts at Newcastle just as soon as possible, and hopefully Newcastle will not continue to be a selling club for much longer.

There’s some wishful thinking in that last statement of course.

Comments welcome.