José Enrique

Baggio

With direct quotes that looks likely now then doesnt it?

15mil is a good price but id be reluctant to sell to a PL team...id be more inclined to take the lesser 13mil and sell him to Milan.

We'd get Taiwo for 6mil i reckon.

Criticism? He was shit today. Was shit before he went off against Stoke too.

For a while now he hasnt looked right.

I'd let him go tbh.

We'll get 12mil tops for him.

do you honestly think we can afford to let top players like enrique go with mike ashley holding the purse strings?

I dont think we have a choice tbh.

it seems that the story we put out this morning that Jose Enrique will sign for Liverpool for £15M in the summer could well be true.

Jose Enrique - joining Andy Carroll at Liverpool

That’s because Liverpool legend and former coach, Phil Thompson, has said that his inside information is that Liverpool have already agreed the deal to sign the Newcastle defender.

Newcastle paid £6.3M to Villarreal to secure his services back in August of 2007, but it again seems that Liverpool are willing to pay big money for a Newcastle player – and the deal is said to be a cool £15M.

That means Carroll and Enrique will have cost Liverpool £50M, but hopefully most, if not all that money will be made available to Alan Pardew in the summer, to reinforce a squad that is wafer thin at the moment.

Newcastle are running out of players though injury and suspension this seaosn, and not only does the squad need to be improved in the summer with quality, but it needs to be increased in size too.

Enrique was also said to be a target of AC Milan, and the Italian club had said earlier they would offer Newcastle £13M for the player in the summer, but it seems Liverpool have topped that, and we expect Newcastle to get a sell-on clause in the contract too.

Thompson was speaking on an appearance on Norwegian television TV2 , and he said this today :

“From what I’ve heard, yes the deal has been done and he will come to Liverpool,”

“It’ll be interesting because he’s done very well. He had a difficult first season coming into the Premiership a couple of years ago but he really understands the game now.”

“He’s one of those full backs who is good going forward but he’s also a good defender and I think that is the main thing.”

We think this story probably has a lot of truth to it, so Newcastle fans should prepare themselves for Enrique to be on his way soon, but let’s hope we can keep Joey Barton at Newcastle.

We’d like to see Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton both sign new contracts at Newcastle just as soon as possible, and hopefully Newcastle will not continue to be a selling club for much longer.

There’s some wishful thinking in that last statement of course.

Comments welcome.

I posted back in January/February that Liverpool had tried to buy both Carroll and Enrique and were coming back in for Enrique

He's a victim of his own good form IMO a few less than impressive games and people are on his back saying he wants to leave, i don't think he wants to leave just it's hard to keep up the kind of form he's showed for 38 games of the season

Well thompson has come out and said that its a done deal so id imagine he does want to leave if thats the case.

Thompson will look like a propper tit if its not true. Why would he say it on TV if it wasnt?

He's a victim of his own good form IMO a few less than impressive games and people are on his back saying he wants to leave, i don't think he wants to leave just it's hard to keep up the kind of form he's showed for 38 games of the season

Well thompson has come out and said that its a done deal so id imagine he does want to leave if thats the case.

Thompson will look like a propper tit if its not true. Why would he say it on TV if it wasnt?

It's only Phil Thompson, and if there was as much truth in it there would have been alot more coverage on it apart from Thompson supposedly saying it on Norwegian tele.

But i think people going on about him not giving a shit anymore because of a few performances were he's been carrying niggles, and not hitting the heights of the form we know he's capable of are wrong.

I thought he was solid defensively today, it just we're not seeing these lung busting runs as much

It's only Phil Thompson, and if there was as much truth in it there would have been alot more coverage on it apart from Thompson supposedly saying it on Norwegian tele.

But i think people going on about him not giving a shit anymore because of a few performances were he's been carrying niggles, and not hitting the heights of the form we know he's capable of are wrong.

I thought he was solid defensively today, it just we're not seeing these lung busting runs as much

For i do agree with the form aspect it was more so his facial and body language today....looked fed up and pissed off.

For i do agree with the form aspect it was more so his facial and body language today....looked fed up and pissed off.

I think most players were today though, we didn't really have a stand-out player, they all looked short of that extra bit of quality a guile.

Regards to selling him though it depends on the circumstances, I wouldn't sell him if we we're keeping hold of Barton and others (This is the least likely option)

But i think if we looked as though we didn't have ambition in this market and were letting people go then i think our hand would be turned into selling him because he'll want to leave for the sake of his career and not for the lack of love for this club

Enrique's past few performances have been soulless, I'll say that much.

He was class for us and the best left back we've had in ages but if his eyes are elsewhere what can we do? He really can play up there with the best and I can hardly blame him if he wants to chase success elsewhere because at the moment it wont happen here.

That is the norwegian tv-studio that won the rights for Prem football in Norway this year. Then I think their deal with sky is they get some british chump every week to comment with them. Anyway, what can that man know about it other than whats being said in the paper. The norwegians on there are completely clueless too. Basically had to listen to 20mins of them laughing at how Joey Barton thinks hes the best midfielder in the world, and then they carried on during the break.

Has looked a little rusty of late, doesn't want to run at full pace and seems to have lost a little bit of bulk also.

The injury and the constant speculation are no doubt playing on his mind.

That is the norwegian tv-studio that won the rights for Prem football in Norway this year. Then I think their deal with sky is they get some british chump every week to comment with them. Anyway, what can that man know about it other than whats being said in the paper. The norwegians on there are completely clueless too. Basically had to listen to 20mins of them laughing at how Joey Barton thinks hes the best midfielder in the world, and then they carried on during the break.

what can the man who played for liverpool for about 15years and was their assistant manager know about some behind doors stuff at the club?

Probably more than you'd think.

Ok fine I had no clue who he is. <_< . My point was that tv 2 is about as reliable a source as tribalfootball.

After saying what he said the pressure was on Barton to come out and perform. He failed spectacularly to do so, and was amongst our worst players so fair go to them to have their say. Barton had his, then immediately after proved himself wrong.