José Enrique

Baggio

Guest alex
Your right. But I didn't mean make it clear publically since that would obviously do more damage. I meant make it clear to the club so rather waste time trying to reach an agreement we could start looking for a replacement.

I'm sure the club has a contingency plan. But honestly if we lose Enrique then left back becomes our no. 1 priority, even more so than our lack of a quality striker.

I'll check back with your feelings on Enrique when he refuses the contract offered to him again and we sell him to Liverpool for £10mill in August. :lol:

I'm already resigned to his leaving anyway. I don't blame him either. I fucking hope it's not Liverpool like :D

Your right. But I didn't mean make it clear publically since that would obviously do more damage. I meant make it clear to the club so rather waste time trying to reach an agreement we could start looking for a replacement.

I'm sure the club has a contingency plan. But honestly if we lose Enrique then left back becomes our no. 1 priority, even more so than our lack of a quality striker.

I'll check back with your feelings on Enrique when he refuses the contract offered to him again and we sell him to Liverpool for £10mill in August. :lol:

This may have happened. Contract negotiations might be a smoke screen to get other clubs to act!

Yeah. I can't see him staying.

I realise that its in neither parties interest to come out and say that he won't be at Newcastle next season.

I think the frustrating part for me is that everyone that supports the club has pretty much given up on him staying but that little sliver of hope remains until the time when he is finally sold.

Its just the way things are done I suppose and its noones fault. It seems to be the best way for everybody involved to maximise their financial gain.

Still grinds my gears though.

Again he can go if he wants - just not to Liverpool. I'd become beyond bitter towards that horrible club if he ended up there.

so you rather have him going to sunderland then liverpool? i knoe where i rather see him going

What I don't understand about this is why NUFC don't do this tactically. If they turned round to Enrique and said here's a 6yr deal with more money now, on the basis that you see who signs for the club over the summer. Not happy near the end of transfer window, we'll help you on your way. Or on the other hand, give us one more year to see if we can break into Europe again, and if not, we'll help you on your way and thank you for your hard work.

Word in twitter (I know right) Enrique has signed a new 4 year deal! I hope this is true! Tie in with the Neil Taylor signing as backup

Jimbo, check yer telly..............

Please god be true............

Word in twitter (I know right) Enrique has signed a new 4 year deal! I hope this is true! Tie in with the Neil Taylor signing as backup

The word on twitter i am seeing is that Barca are in for him (via Talksport apparently).

I was thinkin, before I read that article, that if Liverpool are after clichy they may not be interested in enrique anymore. Hopefully its cause he's signing a new contract!

I was thinkin, before I read that article, that if Liverpool are after clichy they may not be interested in enrique anymore. Hopefully its cause he's signing a new contract!

More likely he's going abroad tbh

True, but i like my version better

True, but i like my version better

Fair play :lol:

Jose Enrique, have some fucking respect for the club and fans pls. Meet with Pardew or whoever, and state what you want to do. So bad that he won't meet with them. We've stuck with him through some pretty shit times, and the club has too. He's lucky he wasnt shipped off when he first came and was playing shite.

Just make a decision so we can make the necessary replacements if needed.

Jose Enrique, have some fucking respect for the club and fans pls. Meet with Pardew or whoever, and state what you want to do. So bad that he won't meet with them. We've stuck with him through some pretty shit times, and the club has too. He's lucky he wasnt shipped off when he first came and was playing shite.

Just make a decision so we can make the necessary replacements if needed.

The guys on holiday, so whats the rush?

As if everything the club says is gospel ;) Our 4 best players last year were Carroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton. We have sold one and the other 3 have rejected contracts. The contracts can't be that awesome or something is seriously wrong behind the scenes at the club.

As if everything the club says is gospel ;) Our 4 best players last year were Carroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton. We have sold one and the other 3 have rejected contracts. The contracts can't be that awesome or something is seriously wrong behind the scenes at the club.

stand by for the usual cretins to insist it's all "good business and we can't afford to keep them", or even as Toonpack says "our transfer policy is the same as Liverpools" [when one of those has already gone there, how can it be the same as Liverpools when they sign our number 1 striker ?]

Edited by LeazesMag

As if everything the club says is gospel ;)Our 4 best players last year were Carroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton. We have sold one and the other 3 have rejected contracts. The contracts can't be that awesome or something is seriously wrong behind the scenes at the club.

Don't forget Tiote. I take your point like. I expect anti-Barton / Enrique propaganda to flow from the club if they both just let the last year of their respective contracts run down.