José Enrique

Baggio

According to our favourite ITK, Liverpool have been in touch today and a fee has nearly been agreed.

Is this the bloke who owes the Sir Bobby Robson foundation £100 for a being a bullshitter via a twitter bet?

He's wrong 90% of the time and he's only ever right because he's covered all the grounds although I can see why that may appeal to some...

According to our favourite ITK, Liverpool have been in touch today and a fee has nearly been agreed.

Is this the bloke who owes the Sir Bobby Robson foundation £100 for a being a bullshitter via a twitter bet?

He's wrong 90% of the time and he's only ever right because he's covered all the grounds although I can see why that may appeal to some...

Its the one whose tweets you've been posting as well. ;)

Its just plain and simple that there are ITK's out there, (as with the one on here who gave us the Nolan West ham story two weeks ago). however that doesn't mean they are high up the food chain.

Hundreds of people work at St James and the training ground, be they caterers, groundsmen etc and Im sure like any company lots of whispers filter down. Some will be spot on others amiss. Again with local media there will be whispers seeping out around the office. Just takes some spotty kid with an Iphone.

This kid definitely tweets several things before any other news sources so he's getting some info from somewhere. I dont think he particularly covers all the bases either. The people he tweets about usually are the ones the likes of the journal etc are writing about the next day.

And now for something that isn't from some bullshitting 'ITK' on twitter.

"[Enrique] has Champions League aspirations and he is waiting to see whether anyone who has qualified for that competition is willing to come in for him," Pardew revealed.

"That is his right and there isn't much more we can do about it.

"We have tried as hard as we can, in the financial situation we are in, to keep him. We offered him an excellent deal, but he doesn't seem to be interested in signing it at the moment.

"It is frustrating - but that is the situation we are in.

"It is up to him, but he wants to see what else there is for him," the Newcastle manager said.

Can't find where the original quote is from, but ESPN is running it. Look at 16.17 below.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/archi...sneijd_move.php

"We have tried as hard as we can, in the financial situation we are in, to keep him."

Which financial situation is that? The one where we've received about £38 million for our two top goalscorers, to be reinvested into the team? He must be asking for a big contract if £38 million won't cover it. Or maybe it's all gone on Smith's wages.

First post by me here, weee ! ;)

On topic: I reckon they offered him our current wage cap for 5 years?

Not much more you can do to be honest, you cant just raise the roof whenever a special occation calls for it. Not much of a roof then is it..

Enrique is a professional, and now he wants to play at a higher level. There is nothing wrong with that, nor is there anyone to blame.

"We have tried as hard as we can, in the financial situation we are in, to keep him."

Which financial situation is that? The one where we've received about £38 million for our two top goalscorers, to be reinvested into the team? He must be asking for a big contract if £38 million won't cover it. Or maybe it's all gone on Smith's wages.

It's the financial situation where Patron Saint Mike has paid off all the crushing, would-have-destroyed-our-club 'debt' and 'overdraft' and 'expenses' with 'his own money' but we still inexplicably talk about the need for fiscal conservatism and financial responsibility, as though we're in danger of going under. The gravy train has stopped. That's good. We all know it is. But just because we are no longer giving long and expensive contracts to players who are past it/were never worthy of them, doesn't mean that we should stop paying for quality.

The truth is that Enrique wants to be off and Pardew can't stop him. Fine. I accept that and there's no blame attached (although if the club had been better run over the past 4 years, he wouldn't be wanting to go at the moment, but that's an entirely different story.) The 'financial situation' bullshit is just more doubletalk intended to lower our expectations. Net spend of only 10 million this summer despite the massive haul from the Carroll money? 'The financial situation was tough, but we tried as hard as we could to invest in the team.' Yeah, OK.

Its just plain and simple that there are ITK's out there, (as with the one on here who gave us the Nolan West ham story two weeks ago). however that doesn't mean they are high up the food chain.

Hundreds of people work at St James and the training ground, be they caterers, groundsmen etc and Im sure like any company lots of whispers filter down. Some will be spot on others amiss. Again with local media there will be whispers seeping out around the office. Just takes some spotty kid with an Iphone.

This kid definitely tweets several things before any other news sources so he's getting some info from somewhere. I dont think he particularly covers all the bases either. The people he tweets about usually are the ones the likes of the journal etc are writing about the next day.

cwarr07 knows bot all. He basically takes your average rumour and runs with it in the hope that the press report similar so he can bask in the glory. Just look at the Gervinho saga, he was giving Mark Douglas all sorts of shite for not reporting it as fact that he'd signed and now he's on his way to Arsenal. At Christmas he did similar with David Bentley. Just look at his time line, it's almost all complete shite that has no basis in fact. You could make an educated guess and have a better hit rate than that stupid twat.

cwarr07 knows bot all. He basically takes your average rumour and runs with it in the hope that the press report similar so he can bask in the glory. Just look at the Gervinho saga, he was giving Mark Douglas all sorts of shite for not reporting it as fact that he'd signed and now he's on his way to Arsenal. At Christmas he did similar with David Bentley. Just look at his time line, it's almost all complete shite that has no basis in fact. You could make an educated guess and have a better hit rate than that stupid twat.

You could well be right and by the sounds of it you have been following his exploits for at least six months compared to my 10 days or so. However the bottom line is he seems to come up with stuff before I see the journos say it or the message boards. He may just be extremely lucky.

Take this Liverpool tweet today. Claims that the clubs have virtually agreed a fee today. Nobody else has commented on that today. If in the next 24 hours it emerges a fee has been agreed an we have given Enrique permission to meet Liverpool then I would say its ITK.

I agree he was a bit gung ho on the Gervinho thing which is I way I said he may be quite low down the real food chain.

But tittle tattle does get out........ The TRUTH is out there X

Its the one whose tweets you've been posting as well. :)

You could well be right and by the sounds of it you have been following his exploits for at least six months compared to my 10 days or so. However the bottom line is he seems to come up with stuff before I see the journos say it or the message boards. He may just be extremely lucky.

Take this Liverpool tweet today. Claims that the clubs have virtually agreed a fee today. Nobody else has commented on that today. If in the next 24 hours it emerges a fee has been agreed an we have given Enrique permission to meet Liverpool then I would say its ITK.

I agree he was a bit gung ho on the Gervinho thing which is I way I said he may be quite low down the real food chain.

But tittle tattle does get out........ The TRUTH is out there X

How? ;) Rumours about Enrique going to Liverpool have been rife for months man and it's not the first time our beloved Colin has said "free agreed for Enrique" or "Enrique due to sign new deal". He's a charlatan and his ilk are one of the major reasons the NUFC tag is virtually unreadable at the moment.

There are a few genuine ITKs out there. For example Golfmag over on N-O has been spot on regarding the Hughton/Pardew situation and the news about Nolan's contract talks going down the pan came out via a Mackem on Skunkers who bumped into the man himself while on holiday. Not they type of people who whore themselves about on Twitter.

Seen a few sources today claiming that arsenal want jose for 8mil while we are holding out for 10mil.

Gael Clichy looks set to leave for around the same figure.

Now...normally i'd say we have no chance of Clichy but with our new influx of french players could we do a swap deal? Do you think he would be interested?

Seen a few sources today claiming that arsenal want jose for 8mil while we are holding out for 10mil.

Now...normally i'd say we have no chance of Clichy but with our new influx of french players could we do a swap deal? Do you think he would be interested?

Pay as you play?

Real questions are;

Has there actually been any concrete approach of any substance from any club at anytime for Enrique?

Is enrique playing a waiting game to see to see if there is going to be any approaches from any club that is going to be better than what has been supposedly offered by us.

Is his delay in accepting a new contract with us positive proof he wants to leave? The fact we have already signed 3 new players is proof enough we are showing ambition.

Pay as you play?

:spit: