Breaking News: Leeds to start next season -15 Points

Jimbo

Couldn't happen to a nicer pair, oh and Poyet, serves the fucker right for scoring so frequently against us.

Couldn't happen to a nicer pair, oh and Poyet, serves the fucker right for scoring so frequently against us.

That'll learn him! :lol:

Now he was a REAL wanker.

That'll learn him! :lol:

Now he was a REAL wanker.

To be fair as a person and player he seemed fine, just a bastard against us!

As for Leeds, technichally they're only getting the kind of points deduction they should already have got, that they sneakilly avoided by going into administration after they were already relegated, but before it would affect the following season.

Leeds have received permission to play in League One this season after being granted their Football League share but must do so with a 15-point deduction.

The club have appealed against the sanction imposed by the Football League and their case will be heard at a special meeting of all league clubs.

Doubts had been raised over Leeds' future after the club failed to agree a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

The Football League accepted there were "exceptional circumstances".

But in making their decision, it was stressed they could not allow Leeds to operate outside the strict rules concerning administration.

The CVA would have allowed Leeds to pay off an acceptable amount of their debts to creditors.

"The Football League Board agreed that, notwithstanding the manner in which this administration has been conducted, the club should be permitted to continue in the Football League," said a statement.

"Consequently, the board has decided to make use of the 'exceptional circumstances' provision within the League's insolvency policy, for the first time, and agreed to transfer the club's share in The Football League to LeedsUnited 2007 Ltd. Accordingly, the club's share has now been transferred.

"However, it is acknowledged the club did go into administration and has been unable to comply with the terms of the League's well-established insolvency policy.

"As a result, the board determined this transfer of membership should be subject to Leeds United having a 15-point deduction applicable from the beginning of the 2007/08 season.

"Leeds subsequently have lodged an appeal against this sanction, which will be heard at a special meeting of all League clubs, to be arranged in due course."

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney met with both KPMG and Bates, telling them to change the CVA, which governs how much creditors will get.

There seems to be a general sympathy wave for Leeds over this and their relegation - not from me - horrible place, horrible team and horrible fans - and thats without Bates, Wise and Poyet entering the equation.

Long may they suffer.

There seems to be a general sympathy wave for Leeds over this and their relegation - not from me - horrible place, horrible team and horrible fans - and thats without Bates, Wise and Poyet entering the equation.

Long may they suffer.

I'll not be wasting my kleenex on weeping for them.

Long may they suffer.

Not a horrible place for starters, and Leeds should be a prem team. I'd much rather have them than Wigan or Fulham or other equivalent no marks. Shame if you ask me, and could easily have happened to a few clubs, including us.

Agree with Mowens sentiments there, feel for the fans and feel for the club. I dont like Bates/Wise/Poyet but they arent Leeds, the fans are - theyre just there temporarily (for Leeds fans the shorter time the better). What I cant understand is why someone with megabucks (i.e another thaksin/ashley) hasnt decided to put money into Leeds to clear the debt and get them on a level footing. Theyre a massive club with big support, a big stadium (which should never have been allowed to be sold). I'd love to see Leeds back in the Premiership, much rather them than some of the London/Birmingham clubs

Long may they suffer.

I'll not be wasting my kleenex on weeping for them.

I am sure you will save your Kleenex for something else !!

Hope they don't win their appeal. This should set a precedent for clubs trying to do what Leeds did last season to avoid a points deduction (I know they still were deducted points but it didn't matter any more).

Hope they don't win their appeal. This should set a precedent for clubs trying to do what Leeds did last season to avoid a points deduction (I know they still were deducted points but it didn't matter any more).

They should have it (so should have West Ham, but exceptions seem to be made).

But equally Leeds are getting hit for what really is a succession of chairmens mistakes and frankly Newcastle could have easily gone down that road had a few things gone a bit worse.

Long may they suffer.

Not a horrible place for starters, and Leeds should be a prem team. I'd much rather have them than Wigan or Fulham or other equivalent no marks. Shame if you ask me, and could easily have happened to a few clubs, including us.

I meant in terms of a football visit rather than the city - several visits there have been dodgy.

I don't trust "shoulds" in football - we "should" have won more trophies than we have but it doesn't happen like that.

Guest stevieintoon

When I think of the five great clubs in English football with magnificent loyal fanbases and history, glamour, stature and appeal, you always come back to Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Leeds United, well I do anyway. This is so desperately sad, the brother in law will be devastated. He had two season tickets for years, I used to go down and sit with him for big games like Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan (who they beat 1-0), that was only 6 years ago. 6 years ago they were 90 minutes away from a Champions League Final, now they're 5 days away from starting a league season at Tranmere, and they'll be bottom of the third tier of English football for realistically 2 months at least. Very, very sad, Ridsdale wants locking up.

Leeds United fans absolutely HATE Newcastle United, and I'm no lover of Leeds but I used to love going to Elland Road for games, but the day Leeds are back in the Premiership will be a great day for football.

Guest stevieintoon
I thought you hated everybody not from a quarentined special Geordie area about 4 miles square :icon_lol:

We're all God's children :icon_lol:

I thought you hated everybody not from a quarentined special Geordie area about 4 miles square :icon_lol:

:rolleyes:

What about your deeply expressed hatred for Liverpool?

Guest stevieintoon

When you're a baby you're not born a cunt, regardless where you're from. I don't like Liverpool FC, dippers are annoying to say the least but not every single dipper is going to be a cunt now are they?

When you're a baby you're not born a cunt, regardless where you're from. I don't like Liverpool FC, dippers are annoying to say the least but not every single dipper is going to be a cunt now are they?

Not just trying to oppose the potential ban then?