Breaking News: Leeds to start next season -15 Points

Jimbo

OK so when they were in the Premiership Leeds were our rivals now thet are not. Those of us who can remember them in the 1960`s have got to have a degree of sympathy with the downfall of a once mighty club and let us not forget were it not for Sir John Hall where would we be now?

So think on before you mock unless its the mackems of course.

Edited by pertoon

OK so when they were in the Premiership Leeds were our rivals now thet are not. Those of us who can remember them in the 1960`s have got to have a degree of sympathy with the downfall of a once mighty club and let us not forget were it not for Sir John Hall where would we be now?

I enjoy baiting the Leeds fans in and out of the office, but I think youre spot on there. Its a masive shame for Leeds and you can feel some of the depression in the city. Normally you have a buzz for the new season, in Leeds there has been no :lol:

I hope they get themselves back one day (for the fans, I hate Bates & Wise). All they've got to look forward to is a derby against Huddersfield :lol:

I'd like to see Sheff Wed and Forest back in the top flight again too.

I was watching the Premiership years last Friday.

A Leeds side with Ferdinand, Woodgate, Kewell, Viduka, Fowler, Smith, Martyn.

Mental

Everyone in Leeds are hating Bates and Wise, its gonna be a very tough season for Wise, VERY tough.

I enjoy baiting the Leeds fans in and out of the office, but I think youre spot on there. Its a masive shame for Leeds and you can feel some of the depression in the city. Normally you have a buzz for the new season, in Leeds there has been no :lol:

It's awful the situation they are in. Hope they recover from this.

Guest stevieintoon
Marching ooooooooooooooon together we're gonna see you play nananananana

We are so proud, we're shoutin it out loud

We love you Leeds, Leeds, LEEDS!!!!

How many times you heard that belted out at Elland Road? One of the great songs of English football, and Elland Road in terms of atmosphere was the finest arena in this country. The Leeds fans played a greater part in that 1992 title win than any other clubs fans in the last 30 years (imo). I used to love watching live games at ER in the early 90's because of the ambiance in the stadium. Was really aggressive though then.

I just can't believe how this has happened so suddenly though. I think the hallmark of a great side is a backs to the wall job in a partizan stadium, and coming away victorious. One of the best performances on the 02/03 season from our point of view was at home to Leeds, we battered them, absolutely battered them, they hit us on the break twice and won 0-2, with class players some of whom have played for us since. Olivier Dacourt was immense that neet, and I come out of the ground and I thought Leeds can win the league this season. Some of you will remember the game 8 months later they finished 17th and they've been on a downward spiral since. I'm gutted for them.

How many times you heard that belted out at Elland Road? One of the great songs of English football, and Elland Road in terms of atmosphere was the finest arena in this country. The Leeds fans played a greater part in that 1992 title win than any other clubs fans in the last 30 years (imo). I used to love watching live games at ER in the early 90's because of the ambiance in the stadium. Was really aggressive though then.

I just can't believe how this has happened so suddenly though. I think the hallmark of a great side is a backs to the wall job in a partizan stadium, and coming away victorious. One of the best performances on the 02/03 season from our point of view was at home to Leeds, we battered them, absolutely battered them, they hit us on the break twice and won 0-2, with class players some of whom have played for us since. Olivier Dacourt was immense that neet, and I come out of the ground and I thought Leeds can win the league this season. Some of you will remember the game 8 months later they finished 17th and they've been on a downward spiral since. I'm gutted for them.

Well said Sir!

I remember that match clearly. They scored in the first five minutes and the last five minutes and we murdered them in between. Wasn't there a minutes silence for someone that night too? I love the rush of noise when the minute ends and everyone shouts and cheers.

Leeds have lost their appeal against their 15-point deduction for an alleged breach of the Football League's insolvency policy on Thursday.

The chairmen of the other 71 Football League clubs voted "overwhelmingly" to sanction the club and then again to uphold the original punishment.

In both cases, the outcome was higher than a 75% majority vote.

Leeds supremo Ken Bates had insisted his club had not broken any rules but he must now accept the decision.

Bates had sent a letter to all Football league chairmen, arguing argued in his letter that the punishment was a "breach of natural justice".

It was imposed on 4 August, the same day that Leeds were granted their 'golden share' that allowed them to compete in the Football League this coming season.

The share had been suspended when Leeds went into administration at the end of last season, a decision that automatically incurred a 10-point penalty and thus sealed their relegation from the Championship.

The League want clubs coming out of administration to do so via a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) with football creditors paid in full.

Leeds' creditors originally opted for the club to be sold back to Bates via a CVA.

But HM Revenue & Customs, unhappy at the plans of Bates to pull the club out of administration by paying creditors only eight pence in every £1, mounted a legal challenge.

The matter went to a High Court hearing in Leeds. Preliminary hearings were held on 6 July with a date set for the full case to be heard in September - sparking fears the club might not start the season.

Administrators KPMG subsequently put the club up for sale.

Bates then bought the club back off KPMG in a deal that could eventually be worth more than 50p in every £1 for creditors.

But the purchase meant that the club had not come out of administration via a CVA - with the League imposing their subsequent 15-point penalty for the breach of policy.

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney has written to all the chairmen of the 71 clubs outlining the consequences of not upholding the penalty against Leeds.

A League statement after the penalty was imposed said: "It is acknowledged the club did go into administration and has been unable to comply with the terms of the League's well-established insolvency policy.

That was always going to be the outcome, they broke the rules and got done for it and on appeal they had no chance. Every club in their divison was likely to vote against them as it means there's a good chance they get relegated meaning you're less likely to, or if you thought they were in with a chance of promotion then they aren't likely to now!

I hope they get themselves back one day (for the fans, I hate Bates & Wise). All they've got to look forward to is a derby against Huddersfield :lol:

You've clearly not had much to do with their fans then. They both think they have a devine right to be in the Premiership. Neither can accept that teams in their division can beat them. I'd love to see both of them (and Leeds) drop down to League 2 (which I guess Leeds are nearly there anyway).

You've clearly not had much to do with their fans then. They both think they have a devine right to be in the Premiership. Neither can accept that teams in their division can beat them. I'd love to see both of them (and Leeds) drop down to League 2 (which I guess Leeds are nearly there anyway).

I've never believed in this "right" of certain clubs to belong in the prem, its a load of bollocks, you deserve to be in the division you're in. Leeds have no more right to be in the prem than say MK Dons if they could manage it! And the same applies to the toon as well, we deserve to be in the prem as long as we do well enough and aren't relegated.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I am gutted for Leeds, but unfortunatley, rules are rules.

I dont think Leeds fans feel they have the right to be in the Premiership. I get the feeling the should be there given the history of the club and the size of the city, but not the right to be in the Premiership.

Notts Forest were favourites for League One when they went down the first time, mainly through the big name they had and the history of the club and also they did have some Championship players. Forest, however failed to get up, I think Leeds need to adpat really quickly and concentrate on a game by game basis and realise they are in League One and not Championship nor Premiership. If they concentrate on getting points quickly they may just survive League One and get promoted the following year? By Eck, they may even suprise us all and come up this season?

You know, we should really feel responsible for Leeds' demise. They took loans out on players based on Champions League television revenue and we actually ousted them from the top 4 ;)

You know, we should really feel responsible for Leeds' demise. They took loans out on players based on Champions League television revenue and we actually ousted them from the top 4 ;)

:)

Its mental to think that actually. I was in the South Stand at Bellend Road when Bellers scored in the Kop. Dyer past Harte, cut back and wham, see you laters :rolleyes:

Guest stevieintoon

Its mental to think that actually. I was in the South Stand at Bellend Road when Bellers scored in the Kop. Dyer past Harte, cut back and wham, see you laters :rolleyes:

Why did you mention that? We went 3-1 down.

Why did you mention that? We went 3-1 down.

It was my very first away game (although technically I was at home). It was ace when Bellamy banged it home, was an awesome day for me anyways :o

Sorry, I wont say anything else

;)

I am gutted for Leeds, but unfortunatley, rules are rules.

I dont think Leeds fans feel they have the right to be in the Premiership. I get the feeling the should be there given the history of the club and the size of the city, but not the right to be in the Premiership.

Notts Forest were favourites for League One when they went down the first time, mainly through the big name they had and the history of the club and also they did have some Championship players. Forest, however failed to get up, I think Leeds need to adpat really quickly and concentrate on a game by game basis and realise they are in League One and not Championship nor Premiership. If they concentrate on getting points quickly they may just survive League One and get promoted the following year? By Eck, they may even suprise us all and come up this season?

They hate that too ;)

They were rubbish against Scunthorpe last season; it was a joy to watch :)