What happens now.

To WHU I mean as they have been shown to have lied to the premier league enquiry into Tevez'z ownership. I Say this as quite clearly they did not terminate all agreements with Joorabchian who in fact did still own the player. I expect nothing as they are a bigger club than the blades and the PL don't want to be shown to be either stupid or complicit.

To WHU I mean as they have been shown to have lied to the premier league enquiry into Tevez'z ownership. I Say this as quite clearly they did not terminate all agreements with Joorabchian who in fact did still own the player. I expect nothing as they are a bigger club than the blades and the PL don't want to be shown to be either stupid or complicit.

Sadly, fuck all will happen. Being a cockney team against somebody like the blades guarenteed nowt happening. But now you have the fact the prem and a few others would have to admit they fucked up, which they won't and all the fictures and the like are in place, so they would be opening up to chaos if they did something. Plus West Ham woud then challenge the new ruling which would mean the prem and Championship being up in the air before a ball is kicked!

I think Sheff utd's best hope is to try and get a few million or more in compensation for being completely and utterly shafted by the prem.

Have to say if i was a Leeds fan, and just football fans in general the west ham thign become more and more of a disgrace. They were found guilty of acting illegally and lying about it, and the prem even acknowledged that guilt with a fine, if they were innocent they'd have got nothing. And once guilty punishment was obvious but they did fuck all and its a disgrace. Now Leeds get a big points loss for what amounts to incompitence and fucking up but not lying and cheating.

All the prem had to do was dock them even 3 points and they'd have went down, or christ even just say Tevez couldn't play in the games after the case and they'd have went down.

Have to say if i was a Leeds fan, and just football fans in general the west ham thign become more and more of a disgrace. They were found guilty of acting illegally and lying about it, and the prem even acknowledged that guilt with a fine, if they were innocent they'd have got nothing. And once guilty punishment was obvious but they did fuck all and its a disgrace. Now Leeds get a big points loss for what amounts to incompitence and fucking up but not lying and cheating.

All the prem had to do was dock them even 3 points and they'd have went down, or christ even just say Tevez couldn't play in the games after the case and they'd have went down.

They should have a Leedsesque points deduction for this season.

They should have a Leedsesque points deduction for this season.

I agree completely but think it's more likely that the mackems will win the title than West Ham ever getting the just punishment they deserve. I hope ther rest of their signings join the french bloke out injured and they have shit season, but i think they'll have a canny season to be honest.

The fact that Leeds have been given a stupidly incomparable punishment has made the West Ham thing totally ridiculous.

There's no consistency from one club to the next and it's totally and utterly wrong. Leeds have been punished for exercising a loop-hole. West Ham have escaped punishment despite breaking strict rules.

I don't blame the clubs in this, and for what it's worth i don't think it's geographically driven either - it's down to the league bodies and indicative of a need for the football league to be running ALL English leagues.

West Ham still owned his registration though, without necessarily owning the player. As far as the rules go, they've done nothing wrong.

I'd be interested to see what happens with his transfer to Man United though - will they have to buy Tevez outright?

The problem is the premier league will sanction any deal that lets them off the hook.

I'd relegate, West Ham, Man U and Liverpool (slight bias on the latter 2) for taking the piss.

If I rented a car from Hertz would it be legal for me to rip up the hire agreement and sell the registration to someone else?

No - thought not.

Its nothing short of a disgrace. Imagine if we were in the Blades position, this board would go into meltdown. Likewise Leeds must also feel unfairly done to in comparison with WHU paltry punishment. Sadly, I can only think that WHU's reputation & position geographically had an influence over little Sheffield United

West Ham still owned his registration though, without necessarily owning the player. As far as the rules go, they've done nothing wrong.

I'd be interested to see what happens with his transfer to Man United though - will they have to buy Tevez outright?

West Ham get £2m from the deal, his agent will receive a £30m transfer fee in two years time. Who do you reckon owns the player?

Surely Man Utd are back in the same position that WHU were? I think I heard somewhere that the difference is that Man Utd now have the loan for 2 years and it cannot be cancelled by any other party whereas WHU didnt have that in place and he could be taken at any time?

West Ham get £2m from the deal, his agent will receive a £30m transfer fee in two years time. Who do you reckon owns the player?

They owned his registration, that's enough. Stupid rule maybe, but it's the PL's fault, not West Ham's.

They owned his registration, that's enough. Stupid rule maybe, but it's the PL's fault, not West Ham's.

It's not west ham's fault but they obviously did something wrong, 5.5m fine and the F.A say they will look closely to any of these type of detials. In the court of laz tevez is owned by kia joorchbain and he has his economical rights. So technically West Ham had no say in when he played, for example his agent could have prevented him playing if he went to court. And why is it the carlos tevez saga, wasn't maschareno brought to west ham under the same circumstances and by the same company.

From knees up mother brown:

In our case there is no sleaze. All that happened is that when Kia and Brown did the first set of 3rd party contracts in the PL, they f*cked it up. This is understandable because (a) no-one had ever done it before, and (:icon_lol: they both thought at the time that Kia was going to buy West Ham, so he was hardly likely to end up in dispute with himself.

Theres nothing against the rules about players being owned by third parties.

It has been known throughout and by all that MSI owned the commercial rights and WHU owned the registration.

From knees up mother brown:

In our case there is no sleaze. All that happened is that when Kia and Brown did the first set of 3rd party contracts in the PL, they f*cked it up. This is understandable because (a) no-one had ever done it before, and ( :icon_lol: they both thought at the time that Kia was going to buy West Ham, so he was hardly likely to end up in dispute with himself.

Theres nothing against the rules about players being owned by third parties.

It has been known throughout and by all that MSI owned the commercial rights and WHU owned the registration.

Yep, can't argue with that.