Dyer Deal is off

Papa Lazaru

and those calling Ashley for being unprofessional, suddenly applauding him for pulling a master stroke ( [c] jimbo )

absolutely!

i thought it sounded very unprofessional when the news broke over the weekend but what a masterstroke if he pulls it off.

still; it does suggest that are financial situation is pretty dire as we're clearly fighting for every penny we can get at the moment.

and it doesn't portray us in the best light when it comes to future negotiations.

No it doesn't. If we were that desperate we'd have sold him.

i'm not claiming to know everything that's gone on in this deal

Fuck, are you sure about that?

hey, feel free to spill the beans if you know something the rest of us don't

I don't claim to know anything inside the circle at SJP.

But I don't base my arguments on assumptions like you and make out they are fact.

The new heirarchy has always said it will not let information like how much the club can spend out in the open. Yet you deduce points based on the fact the club is haggling over Dyer's price?

And what does haggling have to do with other clubs' intentions to buy our players then?

If we offered say 6 million for a player but only paid 4.5 million then I'd be concerned. But I think the new regime are doing a fine job. You are a chronic pessimist. You are used to the club doing the shit. Don't assume for a change and see how accurate you are, and wait and be patient for a change!!!

neither do i and nor have i claimed that the assumptions we're debating are set in stone. i'd say 99 per cent of what is debated on this board is based on assumptions - as are a majority of tabloid newspaper articles. and it's silly season - there's not much else to talk about before the season kicks off is there?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said goals? He dragged City out of danger single handedly with his performances, he's a massive improvement over your hero Parker.

Thanks for confirming you are a childish cunt though Gol having to search old posts trying to trip people up.

Ahh, you're not above abuse then. Thanks for clarifying. Kinda lose a bit of credibility, but not to worry.

EDIT: In fact, isn't that a slightly ironic comment, seeing that you're the one who found one of Leazes' old post to make him look like a prick? :icon_lol:

That was Wullie, he just sent it me to post.

I find it more ironic that you take offence to be called a childish cunt, especially as you were shagging one not long back.

:icon_lol:

Aye, I thought that was uncalled for like.

Totally uncalled for and not gonna be tolerated. If you've anything about you Baggio, you'll retract that one.

I imagine it went something like this:

"Hey, biscuit boy, my name's Ashley, I say Ashley, and the price just went up £2m. Take it or leave it, asshole."

btw this situation demonstrates that we are not desperate for money; quite the opposite imo.

Anyway, so Dyer stays; gets his tenth year in and qualifies for a testimonial!!!1111 :icon_lol: I'm fairly certain my diary's booked for that day. So Sad, as I would love to go.

Dyer back in Toon fold

Aug 7 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Kieron Dyer

KIERON DYER has returned to training with Newcastle United – and Sam Allardyce plans to give him “own space” as the England international tries to put the disappointment of not joining West Ham behind him.

It was a sheepish Dyer who rather unexpectedly turned up at United’s training ground yesterday to once again try and rebuild his career.

And, speaking exclusively to The Chronicle today after Dyer’s return, Allardyce told me: “Kieron trained with us yesterday and really he needs his own space, and that’s what we will give him.

“He needs to collect his own thoughts and we will have to wait and see what develops.

“He was a bit down in the dumps, but you don’t always get what you want out of life and you just have to get on with it.

“As far as his move to West Ham is concerned, it is all in their hands.”

I would be amazed if West Ham came up with the hiked-up price of £8m for Dyer, even though Alan Curbishley’s No 2 Mervyn Day said today: “The Dyer deal could be back on, but I don’t know how.”

My information is that West Ham, after taking flak from some of their fans over Dyer’s signing, were looking for a “get-out-of jail card” and United handed it to them on Friday afternoon by slapping another £2m on the transfer fee.

Spurs have lost interest, Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth won’t pay £8m and I am told Dyer’s former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will not make a move for him..

As it happens, for once Dyer has had a full pre-season, and bearing in mind fellow midfielders Joey Barton, Emre, and Damien Duff are all injured, there is no reason why he should not be included in United’s squad for Saturday’s Premiership opener at Bolton.

Fortunately for Dyer, he did not stick two fingers up at anyone at St James’ Park when he thought he was leaving.

In fact, he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados.

Allardyce had a busy day yesterday as he finally managed to move his family into their new base in Tyneside and allowed new boys Jose Enrique and Cacapa to return to Spain and France respectively to sort out their domestic arrangements.

Both will be back by as the weekend but, as revealed in the Chronicle yesterday, Allardyce does not want to involve them at the Reebok on Saturday.

Reports coming out of Spain say Seville have accepted a £4m bid from United for Serbia defender Ivica Dragutinovic.

And Big Sam is too long in the tooth to put off by other reports on the official Seville website saying the 31-year-old defender is ready to reject United’s overtures.

When I asked Allardyce about it today he replied: “Hopefully we will get something done later this week.”

clicky

" he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados"

:icon_lol:

" he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados"

:lol:

Why doesn't it surprise me that those two are chums. :rolleyes:

i was just about to post that myself. he surely must be taking the piss with that one - who could possibly write such drivel with a straight face? i reckon he musr read this board, sees how much he is ridiculed then writes something even more ridiculous in the next day's edition.

and what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

"My information is that West Ham, after taking flak from some of their fans over Dyer’s signing, were looking for a “get-out-of jail card” and United handed it to them on Friday afternoon by slapping another £2m on the transfer fee."

i was just about to post that myself. he surely must be taking the piss with that one - who could possibly write such drivel with a straight face? i reckon he musr read this board, sees how much he is ridiculed then writes something even more ridiculous in the next day's edition.

and what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

"My information is that West Ham, after taking flak from some of their fans over Dyer’s signing, were looking for a “get-out-of jail card” and United handed it to them on Friday afternoon by slapping another £2m on the transfer fee."

So West Ham, didn't want to sign him because of their fans but they were set to anyway but Ashley put the price up so they pulled out? Only the last bit of that makes any sense at all.

Basically making stuff up in the complete lack of any idea what's going on.

Edited by alex

:rolleyes: I had to check the article on the website to make sure Barney hadn't inserted that bit himself.

In fact, he sent the United players a “good luck” text last Thursday night from East London – even former chairman Freddy Shepherd received one as he enjoyed cocktails with his pal Tony Blair in Barbados.

I've just fell off my fucking chair :lol: I suppose Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was out there aswell and was straight on the phone to Anal about it

Thinking about it, to me it shows we're NOT in any financial difficulty that we can turn down an offer of £6m on a player like Dyer with wages like his at the last minute. If we were struggling for cash I'd have thought we'd have begrudgingly accepted the money. I'd have taken the money just to get rid of Dyer but then if we can get a bit more for him then fair enough. As someone else said it shows that we're not as easy to mess around in the transfer market as we used to be that we can up a fee just because the buying team's gone public with their boasting before everything's signed.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Hasn't Tony Blair been in Israel for the last few weeks anyway?

Heh I think you're being a bit hopeful about what he actually does there.

He most likely flew in mugged it for the press, chaired a couple of meetings for a day (maybe two at a stretch) and then pissed of to Barbados (or wherever).

Expect him to reappear in the middle-east in a month or two for more press shots and a 2 hour meeting with no one in particular before heading back to sip cocktail somewhere.

Actually I think the 6 mil would have been a decent exchange if you consider we paid Ipswich 6 mil for him and have put 8 years of wear & tear on him(not counting his injury time off).

Not such a bad deal when you look at the long list of players we have bought then sold at a big loss, for example;

Cort:............. bought for 7 mil sold for 2 mil.

Boumsong:.... bought for 8 mil sold for 3.3 mil.

Viana:........... bought for 8.5 mil sold for 1.7 mil.

Bramble:....... bought for 4.5 mil and let go for nowt.

At 6 mil for Dyer we'd be getting our money back after 8 years of use, and off-loading a high paid injury prone player who at times has been an embarrasment to Newcastle with his off-field antics.

I've always liked Dyer as a player but he has never reached the heights I thought he was capable of attaining.