Dyer Deal is off

Papa Lazaru

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW you still didn't tell me whats so good about him, apart from him being a fan favourite and that Alex Ferguson rates him.

What attributes does he have as a player that will benefit our starting 11?

Passion, energy, vision, heading, passing, crossing, tackling.

What about Emre, or Dyer?

Why change the subject to Emre and Dyer?

Passion he has, he also has energy, his vision is piss poor which is why he hardly makes any killer passes, his passing is is always kept simple so I wouldn't call that a strong aspect of his game, I can't say I've seen any great crosses from him and his tackling is on par with Parker's as in it's reckless rather than good.

It's not changing the subject - it's comparing him to the 2 players who he's likely to be challenging for a place in the team. I'm not saying that Smith is the player to get us the title - I'm saying he's good enough to play in the first 11 (of a pretty poor team if you go by last season).

Smith actually had a 1 goal in every 2 games record when he started at Man United. At Leeds, he had more assists in Viduka's 1st season than Harry Kewell, so you can hardly say he had no vision.

Oh by the way, he got 9 goals in 16 games in his first season, before getting injured.

So tell me where he's going to fit into our first team then?

Up front over Owen, Martins or Viduka?

In midfield over Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Dyer?

yeah he would start over emre, dyer and butt

So you would restrict Barton's attacking game and make Geremi an out and out holding man to accommodate Smith?

Or would you play Smith really deep? and let Barton attack?

BTW you still didn't tell me whats so good about him, apart from him being a fan favourite and that Alex Ferguson rates him.

Passion he has, he also has energy, his vision is piss poor which is why he hardly makes any killer passes, his passing is is always kept simple so I wouldn't call that a strong aspect of his game, I can't say I've seen any great crosses from him and his tackling is on par with Parker's as in it's reckless rather than good.

It's not changing the subject - it's comparing him to the 2 players who he's likely to be challenging for a place in the team. I'm not saying that Smith is the player to get us the title - I'm saying he's good enough to play in the first 11 (of a pretty poor team if you go by last season).

Smith actually had a 1 goal in every 2 games record when he started at Man United. At Leeds, he had more assists in Viduka's 1st season than Harry Kewell, so you can hardly say he had no vision.

Oh by the way, he got 9 goals in 16 games in his first season, before getting injured.

Well you don't rate Barton (unless that's changed since we signed him), so that must mean you really hate Smith :icon_lol:

I'd play him over Butt, Emre and Dyer. Barton won't be playing for a couple of months anyway. I think Smith will cement his place during that time tbh.

So you would restrict Barton's attacking game and make Geremi an out and out holding man to accommodate Smith?

Want me to find the thread where you posted Barton's goalscoring record and claimed he was a poor attacking midfielder?

Want me to find the thread where you posted Barton's goalscoring record and claimed he was a poor attacking midfielder?

He was a poor attacking midfielder, he improved towards the end of last season though and practically kept City up on his own, I also seem to remember saying him and Parker would make a shit pairing and I still stand by that.

As I've said, I'm happy for someone to change my opinion and Barton done that, nice of you to go and check what I've said in the past though.

This is the Dyer thread right?

Latest Allardyce quotes re: our number 8:

"We in the end decided that Kieron was under-valued, we lifted the valuation to what we thought was realistic, and West Ham didn't want to roll with it.

"So Kieron is back with us in a squad that is growing.

"He signed a lengthy contract, something happens and it doesn't work, we come back and get on with it. It's not a hard life - it's a very pressured life, but it's not a hard one!

"He comes back, you go forward ? if West Ham don't increase their offer then clearly they don't value him as highly as we do.

"West Ham are not as upset as we are about West Ham. Curbs started it - we are more upset than them, and that's a fact."

:icon_lol:

If he does stay, I wonder how his attitude will compare to Milner, who got exactly the same treatment last year.

He was a poor attacking midfielder, he improved towards the end of last season though and practically kept City up on his own, I also seem to remember saying him and Parker would make a shit pairing and I still stand by that.

As I've said, I'm happy for someone to change my opinion and Barton done that, nice of you to go and check what I've said in the past though.

After scoring a further 2 goals in 13 games? So realistically it's not going to take much for you to change your mind on Smith. Glad we're sorted on that :icon_lol:

After scoring a further 2 goals in 13 games? So realistically it's not going to take much for you to change your mind on Smith. Glad we're sorted on that :icon_lol:

Who said goals? He dragged City out of danger single handedly with his performances, he's a massive improvement over your hero Parker.

Thanks for confirming you are a childish cunt though Gol having to search old posts trying to trip people up.

This is the Dyer thread right?

Latest Allardyce quotes re: our number 8:

"We in the end decided that Kieron was under-valued, we lifted the valuation to what we thought was realistic, and West Ham didn't want to roll with it.

"He signed a lengthy contract, something happens and it doesn't work, we come back and get on with it. It's not a hard life - it's a very pressured life, but it's not a hard one!

"He comes back, you go forward ? if West Ham don't increase their offer then clearly they don't value him as highly as we do.

"West Ham are not as upset as we are about West Ham. Curbs started it - we are more upset than them, and that's a fact."

If he does stay, I wonder how his attitude will compare to Milner, who got exactly the same treatment last year.

I'd say chalk and cheese, but frankly they aren't different enough to highlight the difference between Milner's attitude and the little wasters attitude.

Of course he could surprise me (and change the habit of a lifetime) and actually dig in and honour his commitments and play well...... :icon_lol:

Is it me or is this argument across 2 threads now?

aahh welcome to Toontastic. :icon_lol:

Wouldnt be allowed on charlottes forum :icon_lol:

I though it was Charlotte's Interweb? :rolleyes:

Who said goals? He dragged City out of danger single handedly with his performances, he's a massive improvement over your hero Parker.

Thanks for confirming you are a childish cunt though Gol having to search old posts trying to trip people up.

Ahh, you're not above abuse then. Thanks for clarifying. Kinda lose a bit of credibility, but not to worry.

EDIT: In fact, isn't that a slightly ironic comment, seeing that you're the one who found one of Leazes' old post to make him look like a prick? :icon_lol:

Edited by Shearergol

Ahh, you're not above abuse then. Thanks for clarifying. Kinda lose a bit of credibility, but not to worry.

EDIT: In fact, isn't that a slightly ironic comment, seeing that you're the one who found one of Leazes' old post to make him look like a prick? :icon_lol:

That was Wullie, he just sent it me to post.

I find it more ironic that you take offence to be called a childish cunt, especially as you were shagging one not long back.

I find it more ironic that you take offence to be called a childish cunt, especially as you were shagging one not long back.

Aye, I thought that was uncalled for like.

sam's quotes on the matter:

"We in the end decided that Kieron was under-valued, we lifted the valuation to what we thought was realistic, and West Ham didn't want to roll with it".

Of course they didn't 'roll with it', it's entirely unprofessional.

"We in the end decided that Kieron was under-valued, we lifted the valuation to what we thought was realistic, and West Ham didn't want to roll with it".

Interestingly the amount mooted they "undervalued" him was the same amount he'd get from a "loyalty" bonus.

Interestingly the amount mooted they "undervalued" him was the same amount he'd get from a "loyalty" bonus.

Just what I was thinking.

As I've said before, this talk of a loyalty bonus hasn't come from a reliable source so I don't see why people are accepting it as fact but I suppose people will believe anything if it's supports their dislike of the player.