Dyer Deal is off

Papa Lazaru

Anyone who saw Smith today can see he has more commitment,passion and professionalism in one leg than that overpaid, little money grabbing scrote has in his whole body. We dont need glory boys here, new era, fuck off Dyer

Anyone who watched the game today would see we were crying out for someone like Dyer in the first half.

Possibly the slowest team I've ever seen tbh.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who saw Smith today can see he has more commitment,passion and professionalism in one leg than that overpaid, little money grabbing scrote has in his whole body. We dont need glory boys here, new era, fuck off Dyer

Anyone who watched the game today would see we were crying out for someone like Dyer in the first half.

that's what worries me about replacing dyer with smith. not a lot of pace in midfield anymore.

Edited by Dr Gloom

that's what worries me about replacing dyer with smith. not a lot of pace in midfield anymore.

don't give a shit how we play football at the moment as long as we win. Smith gave his all, Dyer didn't and when nzogbia gets back into left mid and with martins and owen we have pace

don't give a shit how we play football at the moment as long as we win. Smith gave his all, Dyer didn't and when nzogbia gets back into left mid and with martins and owen we have pace

You don't care how we play?

If we went out with a team like that against Bolton we wouldn't create fuck all, do you remember what we were like in the first few seasons Robson was in charge? We had decent players but with little pace in the squad it meant we always struggled to create chances.

Grafters like Smith will only get you so far.

If we went out with a team like that against Bolton we wouldn't create fuck all, do you remember what we were like in the first few seasons Robson was in charge? We had decent players but with little pace in the squad it meant we always struggled to create chances.

Agreed. He'll get us to the next level, when we can start looking at the top European players again. Until we reach that point, we have to buy players of his type.

Agreed. He'll get us to the next level, when we can start looking at the top European players again. Until we reach that point, we have to buy players of his type.

Grafters like smith? Don't think sir alex saw it that way, Smith is talented and much more than a grafter. Yes we may need some pace injected in the team but Smith is a top player and that's why he was invested in at manc u

Grafters like smith? Don't think sir alex saw it that way, Smith is talented and much more than a grafter. Yes we may need some pace injected in the team but Smith is a top player and that's why he was invested in at manc u

He scored 2 goals in his last 53 appearances for Man Utd, I expect a little more from someone who's supposed to be a top player tbh.

He scored 2 goals in his last 53 appearances for Man Utd, I expect a little more from someone who's supposed to be a top player tbh.

Ryan Giggs got 5 goals in the same amount of games. Still a top player.

:icon_lol:

Ryan Giggs contributes a hell of a lot more to the teams performance than Alan Smith ever will.

So why don't you tell me whats so good about Smith then, Gol?

:icon_lol:

Ryan Giggs contributes a hell of a lot more to the teams performance than Alan Smith ever will.

So why don't you tell me whats so good about Smith then, Gol?

So you can use goalscoring stats to belittle a player, but I can't use them to refute it? Is that you Leazes? :icon_lol:

When Smith was at Leeds he played in 3 different positions, and became a fan favourite. Most of Viduka's goals were created by Smith. If he can do that again here then we'll be laughing.

AF obviously saw something in Smith which made him want to make him a Man United player. Obviously some people haven't seen that (but as Gemmill pointed out the other day, how many Newcastle fans form an opinion based on the 6 or 7 games they see a season where that particular player plays?)

So you can use goalscoring stats to belittle a player, but I can't use them to refute it? Is that you Leazes? :icon_lol:

When Smith was at Leeds he played in 3 different positions, and became a fan favourite. Most of Viduka's goals were created by Smith. If he can do that again here then we'll be laughing.

AF obviously saw something in Smith which made him want to make him a Man United player. Obviously some people haven't seen that (but as Gemmill pointed out the other day, how many Newcastle fans form an opinion based on the 6 or 7 games they see a season where that particular player plays?)

To even mention Smith in the same breath as Giggs is ridiculous.

Alex Ferguson has bought plenty of shit players in the past, if he thought Smith was that good a striker he would have never switched him to midfield in the first place, he only done that to cover to other bad buys in Kleberson and Djemba Djemba.

Like I say, 2 goals in 53 games for an attacking midfielder/striker is shocking and I couldn't care less how much he gets stuck in, I like how you and Gemmill seem to question peoples opinions on Smith by saying they haven't seen much of him but it's enough for the pair of you to call him a good player.

BTW you still didn't tell me whats so good about him, apart from him being a fan favourite and that Alex Ferguson rates him.

What attributes does he have as a player that will benefit our starting 11?

Alex Ferguson has bought plenty of shit players in the past, if he thought Smith was that good a striker he would have never switched him to midfield in the first place, he only done that to cover to other bad buys in Kleberson and Djemba Djemba.

Like I say, 2 goals in 53 games for an attacking midfielder/striker is shocking and I couldn't care less how much he gets stuck in, I like how you and Gemmill seem to question peoples opinions on Smith by saying they haven't seen much of him but it's enough for the pair of you to call him a good player.

The difference being people like Gemmill and I are saying that he deserves a chance to prove the fans (such as yourself) wrong. You're already dismissing him.

I'm comparing Smith and Giggs because you made the point that he can't be a top player because he hasn't scored enough recently. Giggs, who we will both agree is a top player, also hasn't scored many. Your argument is flawed. Giggs is as much an attacking midfielder/attacker as Smith.

BTW you still didn't tell me whats so good about him, apart from him being a fan favourite and that Alex Ferguson rates him.

Passion, energy, vision, heading, passing, crossing, tackling.

What about Emre, or Dyer?

He switched Smith to midfield because rooney and van nistelrooy were stars ans im not saying he's a class striker im saying hes a gd player in whatever position he plays and whens he playing well you can really notice his footballin talent. Most of the time smith played defensive mid to allow ronaldo and co to push forward. Not many defensive mids score a handful of goals.

and you forgot to add he's got a good finish on him, his determination rubs off on his team-mates and hes also very strong.

Why change the subject to Emre and Dyer?

Passion he has, he also has energy, his vision is piss poor which is why he hardly makes any killer passes, his passing is is always kept simple so I wouldn't call that a strong aspect of his game, I can't say I've seen any great crosses from him and his tackling is on par with Parker's as in it's reckless rather than good.

The difference being people like Gemmill and I are saying that he deserves a chance to prove the fans (such as yourself) wrong. You're already dismissing him.

I'm comparing Smith and Giggs because you made the point that he can't be a top player because he hasn't scored enough recently. Giggs, who we will both agree is a top player, also hasn't scored many. Your argument is flawed. Giggs is as much an attacking midfielder/attacker as Smith.

You're talking bollocks again, Gol.

I haven't dismissed him, I just don't think he's going to improve our starting 11 but I'll be happy for him if he can change my opinion.

Just because he's signed for Newcastle doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion and start fawning over the bloke.

Passion he has, he also has energy, his vision is piss poor which is why he hardly makes any killer passes, his passing is is always kept simple so I wouldn't call that a strong aspect of his game, I can't say I've seen any great crosses from him and his tackling is on par with Parker's as in it's reckless rather than good.

It's not changing the subject - it's comparing him to the 2 players who he's likely to be challenging for a place in the team. I'm not saying that Smith is the player to get us the title - I'm saying he's good enough to play in the first 11 (of a pretty poor team if you go by last season).

Smith actually had a 1 goal in every 2 games record when he started at Man United. At Leeds, he had more assists in Viduka's 1st season than Harry Kewell, so you can hardly say he had no vision.

Oh by the way, he got 9 goals in 16 games in his first season, before getting injured.

I haven't dismissed him, I just don't think he's going to improve our starting 11 but I'll be happy for him if he can change my opinion.

Just because he's signed for Newcastle doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion and start fawning over the bloke.

Which part is bollocks?

It's not changing the subject - it's comparing him to the 2 players who he's likely to be challenging for a place in the team. I'm not saying that Smith is the player to get us the title - I'm saying he's good enough to play in the first 11 (of a pretty poor team if you go by last season).

Smith actually had a 1 goal in every 2 games record when he started at Man United. At Leeds, he had more assists in Viduka's 1st season than Harry Kewell, so you can hardly say he had no vision.

Oh by the way, he got 9 goals in 16 games in his first season, before getting injured.

So tell me where he's going to fit into our first team then?

Up front over Owen, Martins or Viduka?

In midfield over Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Dyer?

Which part is bollocks?

About me dismissing him, you're making out I'm not even going to give the bloke a chance when I've said I'll be happy if he changes my opinion on him.

So tell me where he's going to fit into our first team then?

Up front over Owen, Martins or Viduka?

In midfield over Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Dyer?

yeah he would start over emre, dyer and butt