Dyer Deal is off

Papa Lazaru

I'm regarding it as feasible rather than fact.

Me too.

But it doesn't make a lot of sense that they reject 2 lower offers for him, accept the 3rd, let him go for a medical then suddenly decide at the very, very last second they want the same amount extra as his loyalty bonus would be.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to suspect 2 and 2 do actually make 4 there.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps west ham had verbally agreed to pay dyer's loyalty bonus in the same way that we paid for bartons? If they change their mind last minute perhaps they were testing newcastle's desperation to get rid and so claimed it was us who has pissed them about. Thankfully mort is not going to be blackmailed by either curbishly or dyer and has put his foot down.

plausible do you think?

Either way it makes the club look very unprofessional and not one people would like to deal with, Ashley wants to stick to selling cheap Donnay socks i reckon then at least the punters don't realise they've been shafted until the deal is done and dusted.

(For the record I've never owned a pair but Jimbo once told me they're not worth wiping your cock on :icon_lol:

perhaps west ham had verbally agreed to pay dyer's loyalty bonus in the same way that we paid for bartons? If they change their mind last minute perhaps they were testing newcastle's desperation to get rid and so claimed it was us who has pissed them about. Thankfully mort is not going to be blackmailed by either curbishly or dyer and has put his foot down.

plausible do you think?

Sounds quite logical

Either way it makes the club look very unprofessional and not one people would like to deal with, Ashley wants to stick to selling cheap Donnay socks i reckon then at least the punters don't realise they've been shafted until the deal is done and dusted.

(For the record I've never owned a pair but Jimbo once told me they're not worth wiping your cock on :icon_lol:

There's nothing professional about giving £2,000,000 away.

Only stupid.

If it is the case it sends a message to agents, players like Dyer and opportunist clubs that we won't be fucked with. Far better IMO than FFS's standard give away clauses and Dyer-esq wages in our negotiations.

agreed, ok for socks but they make a crap spunk-mop.

Talksport are claiming that West Ham are confident the deal can be reserected.

would be a mastersroke by morte/ashley if they manage to pull off another £2m of egghead's riches for dyer.

suddenly it will be west ham that look like muppets.

and those calling Ashley for being unprofessional, suddenly applauding him for pulling a master stroke ( [c] jimbo )

Edited by JawD

and those calling Ashley for being unprofessional, suddenly applauding him for pulling a master stroke ( [c] jimbo )

absolutely!

i thought it sounded very unprofessional when the news broke over the weekend but what a masterstroke if he pulls it off.

still; it does suggest that are financial situation is pretty dire as we're clearly fighting for every penny we can get at the moment.

and it doesn't portray us in the best light when it comes to future negotiations.

There's nothing professional about giving £2,000,000 away.

Only stupid.

If it is the case it sends a message to agents, players like Dyer and opportunist clubs that we won't be fucked with. Far better IMO than FFS's standard give away clauses and Dyer-esq wages in our negotiations.

Agree but we don't know if it's true yet :icon_lol:

absolutely!

i thought it sounded very unprofessional when the news broke over the weekend but what a masterstroke if he pulls it off.

still; it does suggest that are financial situation is pretty dire as we're clearly fighting for every penny we can get at the moment.

and it doesn't portray us in the best light when it comes to future negotiations.

No it doesn't. If we were that desperate we'd have sold him.

thats not dire financially, thats just astute business sense. Why sell something for £6M if you know you can get £8? We certainly dont want clubs to think we are push overs. I agree it doesnt put us in the best light, then again, who gives a fuck. :icon_lol:

absolutely!

Could be mind games as well, lure people into thinking we've got SFA to spend then negotiate a deal for a world class player for 15 million instead of 30 million what they would have asked if they didn't think we were skint :icon_lol:

absolutely!

It suggests nothing of the sort. We are trying to sell, not trying to buy. If Eggart and Curbs want him so much, they will agree the new fee.

Simple as that.

absolutely!

i'm not claiming to know everything that's gone on in this deal, but don't you think it seems a little desperate and unprofessional that we pull the deal, demanding more money at the very last minute after already agreeing a fee?

absolutely!

i'm not claiming to know everything that's gone on in this deal

Fuck, are you sure about that?

absolutely!

hey, feel free to spill the beans if you know something the rest of us don't

It doesn't seem that we're desperate for money though, it doesn't make sense to pull out of the deal and have a player on his wages still here if we need the money that much as the likely scenario is he'll end up staying here. We're only unprofessional if we upped the price at the last minute for no reason. That's possible though.

absolutely!

Chucking away £2m is just not sensible (especially when it's likely because a player wants to go somewhere but will give up NOTHING for it).

And again sending out the message that we are NO LONGER Fat Fred's circus and his open wallet negotiations can only be a good thing.

Being nice doesn't help you succeed in business, but being a ruthless fecker that no one gets one over on generally does.

absolutely!

Chucking away £2m is just not sensible (especially when it's likely because a player wants to go somewhere but will give up NOTHING for it).

ca

And again sending out the message that we are NO LONGER Fat Fred's circus and his open wallet negotiations can only be a good thing.

Being nice doesn't help you succeed in business, but being a ruthless fecker that no one gets one over on generally does.

i'm all up for squeezing as much money out of the icelandic abramovich as possible. just seems a little weird to me that we up the asking price after already agreeing a fee and sending the player down south for his medical.

fair play if he pulls it off mind.

absolutely!

hey, feel free to spill the beans if you know something the rest of us don't

I don't claim to know anything inside the circle at SJP.

But I don't base my arguments on assumptions like you and make out they are fact.

The new heirarchy has always said it will not let information like how much the club can spend out in the open. Yet you deduce points based on the fact the club is haggling over Dyer's price?

And what does haggling have to do with other clubs' intentions to buy our players then?

If we offered say 6 million for a player but only paid 4.5 million then I'd be concerned. But I think the new regime are doing a fine job. You are a chronic pessimist. You are used to the club doing the shit. Don't assume for a change and see how accurate you are, and wait and be patient for a change!!!

Edited by Ken

absolutely!

ca

i'm all up for squeezing as much money out of the icelandic abramovich as possible. just seems a little weird to me that we up the asking price after already agreeing a fee and sending the player down south for his medical.

fair play if he pulls it off mind.

Well I still think it likely something happened with the alleged loyalty bonus (either Dyer or his agent bringing it up at the last second, or West Ham backing out of it) to bring that about.

Rather than someone at Newcastle suddenly deciding he was undervalued, although equally it could be some brinksmanship negotiating.

Either way it's got to be better than how things have been run.