Sam: We are still United

Jimbo

Sam insists Toon still united

Aug 5 2007

by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

Sam Allardyce

SAM ALLARDYCE insists Newcastle’s management and board remain United despite the breakdown of Keiron Dyer’s move to West Ham.

The England star’s £6 million move to Upton Park was scuppered – though the Sunday Sun understands it could be resurrected – when the Hammers baulked at a late intervention by Mike Ashley, which hiked the price up by £2 million.

However, West Ham boss Alan Curbishley insisted the deal was now “definitely off” – to his great frustration.

He said: “We made an offer, had it accepted, agreed personal terms and the player passed a medical but it was pulled at the 11th hour by Newcastle – and there’s not much we can do about that.

“It has never happened to me before. We are disappointed and the player is very disappointed, but it’s definitely off.”

Allardyce (left) had already grown frustrated at the lack of funds available to him and the Magpies’ recent slow progress in the transfer market.

But regardless of Ashley’s involvement in the Dyer situation and following the £6 million arrival of Alan Smith, and a similar-sized bid for Wigan’s Leighton Baines, Allardyce maintains relations with the United owner, and chairman Chris Mort, are fine.

“Yeah they are listening, the process is pretty smooth now,” he said.

“I compile a dossier, put together the information on a player and give it to Chris.

“I then ask them to progress it. I’m talking to Chris once or twice a week at this stage, we all keep up to speed and we all know what’s happening and what direction we’re moving in.

“We don’t want to miss a transfer by miscommunication. There is a lot of disruption by people trying to stop a transfer you’re trying to make happen. It was nice to do the Alan Smith deal in one day – it’s a miracle!”

He added: “It’s a difficult period because we have so many balls in the air. Most fall by the wayside but I think it’s better to have more feelers out there. The more you have, the more success you will get.”

Meanwhile, Michael Owen looks unlikely to be fit for the start of the Premier League season as he continues to struggle with a thigh strain.

These are the only stuff in the press worth giving any attention to, ie. ones that actually have direct quotes from Big Sam and/or Mort. Some of the other shite that gets written day in and day out (by both National journos and our own local fuckwitt at the chronicle) is not worht paying attention to by and large.

If you believed all the press we'd have sold most of our squad, brought in Shearer, Keegan and god knows who else and pratcically nobody would be getting on with anyone else!

Do you not get the impression the press are strting to get desperate with newcastle?, because there is not the access to the club's movements there was a few months ago. I think this is great we are now going about our business like a top flight professional football club should.

Do you not get the impression the press are strting to get desperate with newcastle?, because there is not the access to the club's movements there was a few months ago. I think this is great we are now going about our business like a top flight professional football club should.

Agree 100%. The press (and other teams fans) loved the fact were a complete circus, guarenteed to explode at any moment, and fileld with idots like Fred willing to shout their mouths off at all times, making us look ever more stupid.

Now they are being fed nothing from the manager, chairman and owner unless it makes sense for us to disclose it, they aren't makign stupid comments, they aren't doing anything stupid and the cockney media fucking hates it! Hence why despite everyone involved sayign Martin's is staying we get a new story every day about him havign to be sold or we're fucked!

And locally, Anal Oliver is probably crying himself to sleep these days as he realises the club will give him jack shit and he's lost Fred and Roeder feeding him stuff all the time. And the clearer that becomes the more the minority of toon fans left who believe him, will come to their senses and he will eb compeltely discredited.

Agree 100%. The press (and other teams fans) loved the fact were a complete circus, guarenteed to explode at any moment, and fileld with idots like Fred willing to shout their mouths off at all times, making us look ever more stupid.

Now they are being fed nothing from the manager, chairman and owner unless it makes sense for us to disclose it, they aren't makign stupid comments, they aren't doing anything stupid and the cockney media fucking hates it! Hence why despite everyone involved sayign Martin's is staying we get a new story every day about him havign to be sold or we're fucked!

And locally, Anal Oliver is probably crying himself to sleep these days as he realises the club will give him jack shit and he's lost Fred and Roeder feeding him stuff all the time. And the clearer that becomes the more the minority of toon fans left who believe him, will come to their senses and he will eb compeltely discredited.

Aye, but it isn't half as interesting :icon_lol: