Serb to decide on Newcastle

Jimbo

Newcastle target Ivica Dragutinovic is set to decide where his future lies on Monday.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce is understood to have offered the Sevilla defender a three-year deal.

Dragutinovic admitted earlier this week that he did not want to reject the 'financial opportunity of his life', with Newcastle ready to triple his salary.

However, reports in the Spanish press suggest Dragutinovic is still mulling over whether he wants to join a club that will not play European football this season.

Sevilla have qualified for the UEFA Champions League and coach Juande Ramos has spoken to Dragutinovic about staying.

The Serbian could be offered a new deal by Sevilla with a pay rise.

for fuck sake :rolleyes:

i trust big sam to work his magic and sign the player. If not buy kolo toure :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: lets hope so, if not then ayee he could easily persuade Kolo Toure to join us.

i trust big sam to work his magic and sign the player. If not buy kolo toure :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: lets hope so, if not then ayee he could easily persuade Kolo Toure to join us.

yeah maybe we could quadruple his wages lol

give him dyer's wages

for fuck sake :razz:

:rolleyes: lets hope so, if not then ayee he could easily persuade Kolo Toure to join us.

give him dyer's wages

steady on old bean :icon_lol:

give him dyer's wages

that would be timesing his wages by 10 lol

give him dyer's wages

that would be timesing his wages by 10 lol

:razz: of yeah

Sounds like we're being used by him to get a better contract at Sevilla.

That's what I'm beginning to think.

I'm getting the impression that he would love to stay at Sevilla but would love to move if he is offered better wages elsewhere.

Edited by Stephen

Hi everybody, i'm a new user but a long time reader.

The following article just came up on goal.com

Dragutinovic Set To Snub Newcastle 

Newcastle United may miss out on Ivica Dragutinovic after the Serbian defender admitted that he would prefer to stay at Sevilla rather than move to England.

Sam Allardyce has travelled to Spain to let the Serbian defender know what is on offer at St James' Park, but that may not be enough.

Dragutinovic would receive a huge pay rise at Newcastle although he is not sure if that would be enough to persuade him to move.

"Not everything is about money," he said.

"In a few days, maybe on Wednesday or Thursday, we will make a decision, but I think that I am now closer to staying here.

Newcastle are said to have agreed a fee of around €4m with Sevilla for the player and must now persuade him to make the move.

Despite accepting the bid, Sevilla president José María Del Nido has held talks with Dragutinovic about an extension to his current deal at the club.

The 31-year-old moved to the Andalucian outfit in 2005 from Standard Liège and has made 53 appearances while helping the club win the UEFA Cup two eyars in succession and the European Super Cup last summer.

Looks like we were just a bait for him to get his new contract.

We'll just have to hope Big Sam can use his pursuasive powers to get the guy here. We still need an experienced centre back and cover at LB and this player can do both which makes him a very good signing for us.

Sam Allardyce hopes to secure his eighth signing of the summer this week by completing the purchase of Ivica Dragutinovic, the Serbia defender. The Newcastle United manager was forced to delay the prospective £2.5 million transfer from Seville while he focused on luring José Enrique from Villarreal last weekend, but he has renewed his pursuit of the 31-year-old Serb.

“I am happy in Seville, but the English offer is very important in all aspects, not exclusively in terms of money,” Dragutinovic said. “It really is very complicated to reject the chance to join Newcastle. I have always wanted to play in England, the league is strong and for me, the physical aspect is not a problem.”

Kieron Dyer reported for training yesterday, three days after Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, effectively aborted the midfield player’s £6 million move to West Ham United. While Portsmouth have expressed an interest in the England player, it seems unlikely that any other club will match Dyer’s £80,000 weekly pay packet at St James’ Park.

Shay Given will miss Saturday’s match away to Bolton Wanderers with a groin injury, a worrying development for a player who was twice hampered by the problem last season. The Ireland goalkeeper had a scan yesterday after being replaced in the first half of Newcastle’s preseason friendly victory over Sampdoria and while the results are yet to be assessed, Given will not be risked at the Reebok Stadium.

Source: The Times

Sam Allardyce hopes to secure his eighth signing of the summer this week by completing the purchase of Ivica Dragutinovic, the Serbia defender. The Newcastle United manager was forced to delay the prospective £2.5 million transfer from Seville while he focused on luring José Enrique from Villarreal last weekend, but he has renewed his pursuit of the 31-year-old Serb.

“I am happy in Seville, but the English offer is very important in all aspects, not exclusively in terms of money,” Dragutinovic said. “It really is very complicated to reject the chance to join Newcastle. I have always wanted to play in England, the league is strong and for me, the physical aspect is not a problem.”

Kieron Dyer reported for training yesterday, three days after Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, effectively aborted the midfield player’s £6 million move to West Ham United. While Portsmouth have expressed an interest in the England player, it seems unlikely that any other club will match Dyer’s £80,000 weekly pay packet at St James’ Park.

Shay Given will miss Saturday’s match away to Bolton Wanderers with a groin injury, a worrying development for a player who was twice hampered by the problem last season. The Ireland goalkeeper had a scan yesterday after being replaced in the first half of Newcastle’s preseason friendly victory over Sampdoria and while the results are yet to be assessed, Given will not be risked at the Reebok Stadium.

Source: The Times

Dont think we will get him but that report shows how much enrique is valued as a footballer by BS. Im looking forward to seeing him play

Marca reports that he will stay in Spain.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/...lo/1024242.html

translated with babelfish

THE PLAYER IS IN FAVOR CONTENTED OF HIS PERMANENCE IN CLUB NERVIONENSE

Dragutinovic will follow in Seville four seasons more

Ivica Dragutinovic is going to continue in Seville. The Serb, who had on the table a substantial supply of the Newcastle of three seasons with an important increase in his card with respect to which he won in Seville, is going to resign almost to the Premier with total security. Question is that direction sport (Monchi), in consonancia with body technical, has informed to club into necessity to do effort to moor to Dragon tree, since if the Balkan defense left, it would have to file player of his characteristics (central left-handed person that can also play in the lateral one), which is not nothing simple, or to sign to lateral left a pure one.

Seville, therefore, will let gain 4 million that were going to pay the English club, but a draftee saves itself, and that without counting whereupon remains with a player who already is adapted and who has fulfilled remarkably. Contraoferta of the hispalense club consists of extending the contract three years to him more, in addition to which already it had signed until 2008 (that is to say, it would finalize in June of 2011), with a slight increase in its amounts from this same season. "everything is not the money. It could gain more with the supply of the Newcastle, but after speaking with Monchi and the president Of the Nest, am closely together to have left I. My family and I have enjoyed much these two extraordinary years Seville and now, in addition, I want to play the Champions ", explains the player.

Still the question to the one hundred percent is not closed: "Thursday or Friday we are going to leave it all fact. It is left something to speak, but it is not of money... ". The case is that the Newcastle begins the English championship east weekend and waited for east Tuesday an affirmative answer of the Serbian player, or tomorrow to taking more. An answer that is not going to arrive.

To Dragon tree, in addition, not only it makes illusion him play the Champions, but also gain it. As well as it sounds "and why no? if him questions to one hundred people if Seville podia to gain the UEFA, twenty had said that yes and eighty that not... We still more have a group hard that the one of the last year, so the thought must be positive ", it sentenced.

I think we still need a versatile defender. Hopefully Sam has other targets in place.

Price is wrong for Drago

Aug 8 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SERBIAN defender Ivica Dragutinovic has priced himself out of a move to Newcastle United.

And United are now looking elsewhere for the defender Sam Allardyce wants as the last piece in his summer spending jigsaw.

But Big Sam is not now expecting to make a signing in the imminent future and he will be happy to get in another defender by the time the transfer window closes on August 31.

Big Sam told me on Monday that he had hoped to get the “Drago” deal done and dusted by the end of this week.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

But reports coming out of Spain suggest that the defender has now signed a new four-year deal with Sevilla.

I understand that not only was the 31-year-old Serb trying to put a pistol to United’s head but Sevilla had started to move the goalposts.

And reports that Allardyce was in Spain yesterday to complete the transfer are wide of the mark.

A United source told me today: “We were a bit taken back by Dragutinovic’s demands.

“If we had given him what he was asking for, it would have made him the highest paid player at St James’ Park.

“We are not prepared to meet his demands.”

Dragutinovic has now gone to the bottom of Allardyce’s priorities as he prepares to go back to Bolton Wanderers and Saturday’s opener at the Reebok Stadium.

The scan on Shay Given’s groin has revealed there is a small tear which will keep the United keeper on the sidelines for two or three weeks.

Fortunately, the United boss knows that he has a more than capable deputy in Steve Harper.

But where Allardyce is a bit short for Saturday is in midfield, and he has to decide whether to take Kieron Dyer to the Reebok and find a place for him on the United substitutes bench.

It’s no secret that some fans do not want to see Dyer in a black- and-white shirt again after the collapse of his £6m transfer to West Ham.

But Dyer is contracted to United for another two seasons and it would be no use to anyone to give the England international the cold shoulder.

By turning up for training on Monday and not sulking at his family home in Ipswich, Dyer has probably done himself a big favour.