The New A-S in Toon...

bassplayerjj

FFS, are people not allowed to have opinions on players unless they've seen them play 20+ games a season? I'm not thrilled about the Smith signing and don't really see how he'll improve the first team either but I'd be very happy for him to come along and prove me wrong.

They're allowed opinions. They'll just be opinions based on very little evidence whatsoever. That's the point being made. It'd be like me saying 'I think New Hampshire is an incredible place to live' just because I've seen it once on a holiday show.

Very little evidence? Do I have to be an Old Trafford season ticket holder to have enough 'evidence'? Man U are probably on TV as much as any other English team, there is plenty of opportunity to see them play and form a valid opinion on certain players.

And your comparison between a football player and a place to live is complete bollocks btw.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be licking a window somewhere, NobbySol?

What am i not allowed to give my opinion?

I didn't say you couldn't, it's just clear you know fuck all about football and come across as a retard.

Pathetic to be honest. You obviously have an inferiority complex. People who try and make out that others don't have a clue usually have one. Your penis must be small.

After being at the game yesterday, Im quite liking the idea of having Geremi and Smith in the centre of midfield.

As for opinions, you can only base your opinion on what you have seen (obviously) but doesn't negate your opinion no matter how little you have seen, for it is just that "your" opinion. If that is the same opinion as someone else is another matter. If one person has seen more of something else it doesn't render an opinion invalid, again as opinion is individual. Doesn't mean the person who has had more evidence is right :icon_lol: only more material to base "their" opinion. Pretty friggin obvious really :icon_lol:

After being at the game yesterday, Im quite liking the idea of having Geremi and Smith in the centre of midfield.

As for opinions, you can only base your opinion on what you have seen (obviously) but doesn't negate your opinion no matter how little you have seen, for it is just that "your" opinion. If that is the same opinion as someone else is another matter. If one person has seen more of something else it doesn't render an opinion invalid, again as opinion is individual. Doesn't mean the person who has had more evidence is right :icon_lol: only more material to base "their" opinion. Pretty friggin obvious really :rolleyes:

So you agree JawD, Baggio's penis really IS small. :icon_lol:

As for opinions, you can only base your opinion on what you have seen (obviously) but doesn't negate your opinion no matter how little you have seen, for it is just that "your" opinion. If that is the same opinion as someone else is another matter. If one person has seen more of something else it doesn't render an opinion invalid, again as opinion is individual. Doesn't mean the person who has had more evidence is right :icon_lol: only more material to base "their" opinion. Pretty friggin obvious really :rolleyes:

So you agree JawD, Baggio's penis really IS small. :icon_lol:

I haven't been there but he definitely does

Pointless slagging match, its a forum ffs.

Baggio, do you have a season ticket for Manyoo to judge Smith over his time there or did you watch Smith on Playercam every time they were on telly?

That's a fair enough comment, going by that anyone who doesn't go to games on a regular basis this season isn't allowed to pass comment on Smith in a Newcastle shirt, is that correct?

Guest Patrokles
FFS, are people not allowed to have opinions on players unless they've seen them play 20+ games a season? I'm not thrilled about the Smith signing and don't really see how he'll improve the first team either but I'd be very happy for him to come along and prove me wrong.

They're allowed opinions. They'll just be opinions based on very little evidence whatsoever. That's the point being made. It'd be like me saying 'I think New Hampshire is an incredible place to live' just because I've seen it once on a holiday show.

Very little evidence? Do I have to be an Old Trafford season ticket holder to have enough 'evidence'? Man U are probably on TV as much as any other English team, there is plenty of opportunity to see them play and form a valid opinion on certain players.

And your comparison between a football player and a place to live is complete bollocks btw.

Stick to business and leave the thinking to people who can. You're very wrong. The example was completely irrelvent. I could have chosen any number of examples; the basic fact remains the same- you can't judge somewhere or something or somebody with very limited experience of it. Pipe down, kiddo.

More worth comment is your admission that your opinion of Smith has come from watching the odd Man Utd. game on TV, proving my point nicely.

Stick to business and leave the thinking to people who can. You're very wrong. The example was completely irrelvent. I could have chosen any number of examples; the basic fact remains the same- you can't judge somewhere or something or somebody with very limited experience of it. Pipe down, kiddo.

More worth comment is your admission that your opinion of Smith has come from watching the odd Man Utd. game on TV, proving my point nicely.

Actually, you can. You can judge anything you like, based on what information / experience you have. You can see a player play once only and have an opinion, though that opinion may change over time when you have seen the player more. For example, I have only seen Geremi now play 3 times for NUFC and I can pass comment on how I think he will perform / fit in. My opinion based only on what I have seen so far.

Pointless slagging match, its a forum ffs.

Baggio, do you have a season ticket for Manyoo to judge Smith over his time there or did you watch Smith on Playercam every time they were on telly?

That's a fair enough comment, going by that anyone who doesn't go to games on a regular basis this season isn't allowed to pass comment on Smith in a Newcastle shirt, is that correct?

:icon_lol:

"Do you go to games?"

:icon_lol: Patrokles in being condescending shocker!

So who can judge Smith then? No one on this board holds a season ticket for Old Trafford as far as I'm aware so all most people on here have seen of him is on TV. I've probably seen Smith play live at Old Trafford more than anyone else on this board so is my opinion suddenly more valid than anyone else's? Is it fuck. It's possible to form valid opinions on players by seeing them on TV, an OT regular would probably know more than me about him but it doesn't mean that I can't form a valid opinion on him.