Allardyce does a Roeder

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Reckons N'Zogbia was man of the match. Whenever Roeder praised Babayaro or Carr, he was roundly slated. I like Sam and what he's done at the club so far, but he's talking bollocks on this occasion.

Hmm, I though at LB he was poor and when he was pushed up to LM he was ok. Made some ok runs but lost the ball too much for me. He aint a LB thats for sure. Also his dead balls were poor. Maybe Sam is trying to pick him up after his moral has been down. What he says in public doesnt necessarily mean he says the same in private I suppose.

Reckons N'Zogbia was man of the match. Whenever Roeder praised Babayaro or Carr, he was roundly slated. I like Sam and what he's done at the club so far, but he's talking bollocks on this occasion.

Shouldn't you be defending him like you did with Roeder then? :icon_lol:

Probably doing what Roeder was generally likely doing (although on some occasions I dunno how he could keep a straight face) and trying to build their confidence up.

Given Zoggy's hysterics at the end of last season he's maybe decided he is a player that needs a lot of praise to bring the best out of him.

I think the problem with Roeder was that due to his lack of competance everyone beleived that he actually rated Babayarou and Carr and was happy with their performances.

Allardyce hasn't (as yet) given us any reason to doubt him.

Sam was on the phone for the whole game so you can forgive him for this call =) I reckon Roz or Geremi were the men-of-the-match, no-one performed outstandingly but we played very well as a team, defending as one, and at times passing like one =)

Zoggy was quality in the second half once he was moved up in left midfield. Made some great runs and basically helped push the team forward.

Don't see how Sam singling him for praise is bollocks tbh. Quite the opposite. Anyway I'm delighted he appears to have faith in the lad :icon_lol:

Zoggy was quality in the second half once he was moved up in left midfield. Made some great runs and basically helped push the team forward.

Don't see how Sam singling him for praise is bollocks tbh. Quite the opposite. Anyway I'm delighted he appears to have faith in the lad :icon_lol:

Me too, I think he could be a top player. His pass / cross for Martins' 'miss' was quality.

In my book I'm afraid he has!

He seems to favour Ramage over Edgar & Hunty and that brings a smidgeon of doubt to my mind as I would put Ramage as third man in that trio.

He seems to favour Ramage over Edgar & Hunty and that brings a smidgeon of doubt to my mind as I would put Ramage as third man in that trio.

Edgar's looked the best of the three and thats going off what very little I've seen of him, not convinced by Huntington, likes his hair to much imo

How's that then? When Ramage and Huntingdon have both featured in roughly the same amount of games. I doubt anyone has seen enough of Edgar to comment. Personally I can't see any of the trio featuring much this season for the first team. Worth noting that Ramage and Huntingdon only have a year left btw. I can see at least Ramage being released next summer.

Edited by alex

Me too, I think he could be a top player. His pass / cross for Martins' 'miss' was quality.

I always liked the look of Zog as a player and thought lasts eason with Roeder (and some fault of the lad himself) had finsihed him here and we'd lose out. Luckilly Big Sam has come in and he'll definitely be aplayer he rates and will get more out of. Throw in Zog actually being happy and we'll see more of the player at his best and not the shadow of him we saw last season.