Out

Parker £7M

Bramble £0

Sibierski £0

Moore £0

Bernard £0

Total £7M

:icon_lol:

When you look at it, if (and its a big if) we shift Dyer eventually for say £7m and hopefully bring in Drago for £2.5-3m then Big Sam will have transformed the squad and not spent much at all compared to what some clubs have been throwing around.

Add in the fact he wanted Haim and Sidwell for free but couldn't beat Chleski, plus distin for free if he'd been here in time and we'd be laughing!

When you look at it, if (and its a big if) we shift Dyer eventually for say £7m and hopefully bring in Drago for £2.5-3m then Big Sam will have transformed the squad and not spent much at all compared to what some clubs have been throwing around.

Add in the fact he wanted Haim and Sidwell for free but couldn't beat Chleski, plus distin for free if he'd been here in time and we'd be laughing!

I don't think the Dyer deal will happen any more unless someone else comes in for him. It's crazy when you think the amount of money clubs like West Ham, Spurs and Man City have spent on players (some of them not even having seen said players actually play) and even Fulham and the Mackems seem to have money to burn. Although the difference with Sunderland is even though clubs will accept their bids no fucker with half a brain wants to sign for them.

I think the rumours about transfer kitty being slashed mounting debts and having to sell before we can buy has worked in our favour because other clubs who've been taken over such as West Ham have just got ripped off left right and centre. Shame we couldn't stitch them up last minute for Dyer.

Our squad is taking shape nicely though we've got fantastic cover upfront now which will allow us to play with 3 strikers and I'm so glad we've now got a left back who is left footed AND AND! actually plays left back but isn't called Celestine. Lets just hope it doesn't take them long to gel.

According to .COM, we've let 10 go since the season ended and brought in 7. When you consider that 2 that have gone are Onyewu (never our player anyway) and Krul (only gone out on loan), we've almost consolidated what we had. Yes, I know we needed to strengthen the depth of the squad, and over time I think we will - i expect more to come in before the window closes, but look at the change in quality we've made:

Bernard replaced by Enrique

Bramble replaced by Rozenhal

Moore replaced by Cacapa

Gate replaced by Geremi

Parker replaced by Barton

O'Brien replaced by Smith

Sibierski replaced by Viduka

The only other player who's gone is Pav who I felt was only here to keep the numbers up anyway.

Total spent - £20.9m

Total recouped - £7.2m

£13.7m well spent IMO :icon_lol:

According to .COM, we've let 10 go since the season ended and brought in 7. When you consider that 2 that have gone are Onyewu (never our player anyway) and Krul (only gone out on loan), we've almost consolidated what we had. Yes, I know we needed to strengthen the depth of the squad, and over time I think we will - i expect more to come in before the window closes, but look at the change in quality we've made:

Bernard replaced by Enrique

Bramble replaced by Rozenhal

Moore replaced by Cacapa

Gate replaced by Geremi

Parker replaced by Barton

O'Brien replaced by Smith

Sibierski replaced by Viduka

The only other player who's gone is Pav who I felt was only here to keep the numbers up anyway.

Total spent - £20.9m

Total recouped - £7.2m

£13.7m well spent IMO :icon_lol:

you can't argue that the players coming in are far better than those going out. very good business from sam so far on a relatively limited budget compared with some of the money that's been spent at other clubs this summer.