Allardyce defends Dyer stance

bawan

You must be a laugh down the pub. "I'd like two corroborating pieces of evidence otherwise the conversation ends here". :lol:

Fair points though, although rumours etc. are part of what these places are about.

Anyway, I agree re: Dyer and utilising him. I've actually stuck up for him as some of the stick he gets is ridiculous and unfair.

Edited by alex

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Captain Lager? Injury-prone but he could drink his body weight in a session. Not just a drinker either, or so I heard. As you say, no coincidence. Plenty of other examples too.
:lol: That's a shite argument tbh

Where does this debate leave Michael Owen? Is he a crack whore?

Just because Owen is pretty injury prone doesn't mean that others lifestyles don't make them more so.

It's an issue of %'s really and given the level of physical exertion needed in Premiership football %'s add up, Owen with a party lifestyle might never have even made it, who knows.

There are even exceptions that do live a hard lifestyle and still keep going, but over all this isn't the case.

This really what Allardyce built his Bolton regiem on (and what players like Speed - who always looked after himself anyway - found so great), little things like time of training, time of meals, and specifically tailored meals don't add up to a lot in themselves, but general they can make the difference. The same is true of negative effects.

It won't be the big sweeping changes that hopefully give our players an edge, but lots of little ones (ones that can be undermined by a fairly sedate party lifestyle at that).

It was something I heard, I never suggested it was anything more than that. It was a bloke down the pub btw. Des Hamilton's cousin actually, but I'm not suggesting that makes it any more true than anyone else. It's just a little snippet of trivia. Anyway, no one suggested Dyer has gotten injured purely because of his lifestyle either. It's a theory that excessive drinking and other things can make injuries more likely and can mean it takes longer to recover from them though. This is especially thought to apply to muscular injuries which Dyer has been a victim of a lot in the past and he has also taken a long time to recover. And he's always out on the piss. Not the most far-fetched thing to suggest there's some corrolation there imo.

I wouldn't suggest it helps but looking at the issues he has had with it and (at the time) knowing a few people at Playford Road where he spent a lot of time working it seems far fetched to me. It may be a game here or there but certainly nowhere near the root cause. Thats all I'm saying. Never been fond of tittle-tattle tbh. Gets on me tits. No offence intended.

Edit: Appears I misread the comment. Point still stands though, we have heard nonsense of that soprt about Dyer from people.

Nb: If we can find better I'm happy for him to be on his way. Until then we're better off using him. At the minute he's the only one who can offer anything different (plus he's an awful lot better than people give him credit for).

The colombian marching powder has caused him the most grief imo.

And being a rat faced little heavy drinking muppet hasn't helped either and did I mention the roasting of family pets?

Edited by Parky