Carr In Top Gear

Barney

Exclusive: Carr In Top Gear

By Craig Hope

STEPHEN Carr says that he's feeling better than ever following a full pre-season under Sam Allardyce and his new United regime.

The 30-year-old full-back is determined to cement his place in the Magpies starting eleven having featured in all but one of the Geordies' six friendly fixtures.

And, after a campaign last year disrupted by injury, the Irish international is feeling the benefit of Big Sam's meticulous conditioning methods as he heads into his fourth season at Gallowgate.

"I felt not bad last season either until I got injured, but I feel as good as I've ever been now," Stephen told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview.

"I have got a good few games under my belt and I'm raring to go.

"I will do my best and hopefully that's good enough for the manager.

"Pre-season has been excellent, probably the best I've known and each individual has had a programme tailored for them.

"I've been very impressed and I know all the lads are feeling good going into the new season."

Carr has been something of an elder statesman in the Toon backline during pre-season, but says he is more than happy to lend a hand to the younger players.

"I had it myself when I was growing up and I think you need help as a young player, especially against opposition of that quality such as Juventus." added the former Spurs star.

"It's a great experience for them and a few of them could get a chance this season."

.cock

That's the sort of encouraging signs that we're moving in the right direction IMO. As much as people don't rate Carr, or just don't rate him, he's our only natural right back at the club and has looked good at left back at the tail end of last season, and so far this pre-season.

We undoubtedly still need to strenghten there, but I'd have him in ahead of Ramage, Solano or Taylor.

Exclusive: Carr In Top Gear

By Craig Hope

STEPHEN Carr says that he's feeling better than ever following a full pre-season under Sam Allardyce and his new United regime.

The 30-year-old full-back is determined to cement his place in the Magpies starting eleven having featured in all but one of the Geordies' six friendly fixtures.

And, after a campaign last year disrupted by injury, the Irish international is feeling the benefit of Big Sam's meticulous conditioning methods as he heads into his fourth season at Gallowgate.

"I felt not bad last season either until I got injured, but I feel as good as I've ever been now," Stephen told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview.

"I have got a good few games under my belt and I'm raring to go.

"I will do my best and hopefully that's good enough for the manager.

"Pre-season has been excellent, probably the best I've known and each individual has had a programme tailored for them.

"I've been very impressed and I know all the lads are feeling good going into the new season."

Carr has been something of an elder statesman in the Toon backline during pre-season, but says he is more than happy to lend a hand to the younger players.

"I had it myself when I was growing up and I think you need help as a young player, especially against opposition of that quality such as Juventus." added the former Spurs star.

"It's a great experience for them and a few of them could get a chance this season."

.cock

That's the sort of encouraging signs that we're moving in the right direction IMO. As much as people don't rate Carr, or just don't rate him, he's our only natural right back at the club and has looked good at left back at the tail end of last season, and so far this pre-season.

We undoubtedly still need to strenghten there, but I'd have him in ahead of Ramage, Solano or Taylor.

I hate the little lazy hobbit but I have to admit he hasn't looked so bad this pre-season. Looks more like the player that had a few solid seasons at spurs than the one we brought here to sit in the treatment room. I don't know how Sam does it, but if his methods can work for that tubby little bastid then we have some bright times ahead =)

Defensively he still looked very poor against Celtic and Juve imho. His positioning and marking were horrible. He needs someone constantly shouting instructions at him, otherwise he is a liability.

I'd pick Solano, Taylor, Geremi ahead of him. And I would in fact even try Dyer at right back ahead of Carr in case he stays at Newcastle...

Defensively he still looked very poor against Celtic and Juve imho. His positioning and marking were horrible. He needs someone constantly shouting instructions at him, otherwise he is a liability.

I'd pick Solano, Taylor, Geremi ahead of him. And I would in fact even try Dyer at right back ahead of Carr in case he stays at Newcastle...

agreed. although hopefully sam's regime can help turn him from a complete liability into someone that we can rely on to do a job occasionally

Edited by Dr Gloom

Guest stevieintoon

Carr is no Cafu, but he has looked slightly leaner, more focussed. We do need another RB though, but I would play anyone before Peter Ramage. My two most disliked Newcastle United players of all time in terms of ability, are very similar character i.e good honest lads, but utterly UTTERLY PISH! Andy O'Brien and Peter Ramage. He should never kick a ball again for this club.

Carr is no Cafu, but he has looked slightly leaner, more focussed. We do need another RB though, but I would play anyone before Peter Ramage. My two most disliked Newcastle United players of all time in terms of ability, are very similar character i.e good honest lads, but utterly UTTERLY PISH! Andy O'Brien and Peter Ramage. He should never kick a ball again for this club.

I would probably have O'Brien and Carr as my two most disliked. Both are total shite but at O'Brien looked like he wanted to do well. Carr has never looked like he was here for anything but the money which is a shame since he was a good player once upon a time.

Guest stevieintoon
Hope should be shot for that headline tbh.

There's a que, I think Stevie is still trying to hunt him down after lying to him about Baines

:lol: Fuckin students. As every passing year goes by, the intelligence level of the student population of our great country decreases.

There's a que, I think Stevie is still trying to hunt him down after lying to him about Baines

:lol: Fuckin students. As every passing year goes by, the intelligence level of the student population of our great country decreases.

I was smarter before i went to uni i reckon...

Its all the beer :blush::rolleyes:

I wonder if Stevie would've picked up on it if Zico hadn't done all the leg work for him?

Guest stevieintoon

I wonder if Stevie would've picked up on it if Zico hadn't done all the leg work for him?

Andy Pipkin would know you spell queue with two u's. Fuckin "que", fair enough if you're speaking French.

Andy Pipkin would know you spell queue with two u's. Fuckin "que", fair enough if you're speaking French.

Spanish, dickhead

Guest stevieintoon

Spanish, dickhead

:rolleyes::lol::blush: wahahahahah honest you get even better, what a wank! French as well you complete and utter unashamed weapon.

You couldn't make this lad up in all fairness. I blame the education standards of this country, it's not just a social thing, poor teacher training and drugs are the main problems.

Edited by stevieintoon

Spanish, dickhead

:rolleyes::lol::blush: wahahahahah honest you get even better, what a wank! French as well you complete and utter unashamed weapon.

That would be embarrasing if I actually had any grasp of either language but i'm afraid my garnered all my knowledge of foriegn linguistics of Fawlty Towers.

You're starting to go a bit LeazesMag in the 'parody of oneself' stakes, like. Picking up on spelling mistakes is the last bastion of someone with no leg to stand on.

Guest stevieintoon

Spanish, dickhead

That would be embarrasing if I actually had any grasp of either language but i'm afraid my garnered all my knowledge of foriegn linguistics of Fawlty Towers.

You're starting to go a bit LeazesMag in the 'parody of oneself' stakes, like. Picking up on spelling mistakes is the last bastion of someone with no leg to stand on.

Not at all. Just pointing out the fact you're one of the more idiotic posters on these boards. In the sgrey/StevieH84 mould I would say. Nar maybe that's a bit harsh.

However, to be fair Mr Knowledge, you're the person who ridiculously tried to contradict me regarding which language "que" belonged to, thus making you look an even bigger knob yet again. Practice what you preach chump eh?

Edited by stevieintoon

Spanish, dickhead

Not at all. Just pointing out the fact you're one of the more dense posters on these boards. In the sgrey/StevieH84 mould I would say. Nar maybe that's a bit harsh.

:icon_lol: That was a bit 'Holier than thou'. Have you been taking lessons off Patrolkes? Or is the fact that I know and named your source for the whole Baines shenanigans got your back up slightly? :icon_lol:

Edited by Skol

Guest stevieintoon

Spanish, dickhead

Not at all. Just pointing out the fact you're one of the more dense posters on these boards. In the sgrey/StevieH84 mould I would say. Nar maybe that's a bit harsh.

:icon_lol: That was a bit 'Holier than thou'. Have you been taking lessons off Patrolkes? Or is the fact that I know and named your source for the whole Baines shenanigans got your back up slightly? ;)

Absolutely not arsed about that in the slightest. All I was saying was you consistently give me reason to think you're a cock. "Spanish dickhead :icon_lol:" :icon_lol: ....as the dippers would say YCNMIU.

Spanish, dickhead

:icon_lol: That was a bit 'Holier than thou'. Have you been taking lessons off Patrolkes? Or is the fact that I know and named your source for the whole Baines shenanigans got your back up slightly? ;)

Absolutely not arsed about that in the slightest. All I was saying was you consistently give me reason to think you're a cock. "Spanish dickhead :icon_lol:" :icon_lol: ....as the dippers would say YCNMIU.

The way you've hoyed your toys out the pram tells me that the first sentence is complete bollocks.