Carr In Top Gear

Barney

To be fair, I'd say "que" is far more readily associated with Spanish, what with being used in its own right as an exclamation (both in real life and thanks to Manuel from Fawlty Towers, obviously), than through its mere conjunction/pronoun status in French.

Not that that makes this little "argument" any less of a wind-pissing contest.

Guest stevieintoon
:jangles keys:

:rolleyes: My Newcastle postcode says otherwise.

The City of Sunderland is a metropolitan borough in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear, England. It contains Sunderland along with Washington, Houghton-le-Spring, and smaller settlements. The district had a population of 280,807 at the 2001 census.

NE postcodes :lol: like they carry any weight. Wooler is 48 miles from the toon and that's NE71. By any definition people from Washington are known and accepted as mackems. Did you go to skewl or skool? Honest answer.

The City of Sunderland is a metropolitan borough in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear, England. It contains Sunderland along with Washington, Houghton-le-Spring, and smaller settlements. The district had a population of 280,807 at the 2001 census.

NE postcodes :lol: like they carry any weight. Wooler is 48 miles from the toon and that's NE71. By any definition people from Washington are known and accepted as mackems. Did you go to skewl or skool? Honest answer.

Skol, are you from Washinton?

Mackem territory, I'm afraid.

i wouldn't say that's strictly true. geographically, perhaps, washington is the wrong side of the river but if you use that as your benchmark you'd be accusing a lot of geordies of being mackems.

i lived in washington for a bit when i was a bairn - i reckon it's no man's land personally. pretty much a 50/50 split between geordies and mackems as far as i can remember. about equal distances to both, but i always felt more alliegence to the toon because sunderland was such a shithole.

....but not as big a shithole as washington. got to be the most grim place i've ever lived in my life.

:blush: My Newcastle postcode says otherwise.

i wouldn't say that's strictly true. geographically, perhaps, washington is the wrong side of the river but if you use that as your benchmark you'd be accusing a lot of geordies of being mackems.

i lived in washington for a bit when i was a bairn - i reckon it's no man's land personally. pretty much a 50/50 split between geordies and mackems as far as i can remember. about equal distances to both, but i always felt more alliegence to the toon because sunderland was such a shithole.

....but not as big a shithole as washington. got to be the most grim place i've ever lived in my life.

What he said.

Barring the City of Sunderland Council logo that's scrawled across the wheely bins they've tried to remove every trace of Sunderland from the place. I'm quite literally within pissing distance of the 'border' between Sunderland and Gateshead. It's weird that it's classed as a borough of Sunderland because there are three real areas. The Sunderland disticts, the Durham districts and the Newcastle/Gateshead districts which are all pretty much defined by the post code you have. I don't consider myself a Mackem for many reasons, my favourite at the minute being that a taxi back after a night out from Newcastle City Centre costs less than one back from Sunderland City Centre. As if you needed anymore proof, I may aswell bleed Black and White :rolleyes:

You're fucking right about it being a shithole like. It's basically a town full of council houses, broken up by the occasional Industrial estate.

What he said.

Barring the City of Sunderland Council logo that's scrawled across the wheely bins they've tried to remove every trace of Sunderland from the place. I'm quite literally within pissing distance of the 'border' between Sunderland and Gateshead. It's weird that it's classed as a borough of Sunderland because there are three real areas. The Sunderland disticts, the Durham districts and the Newcastle/Gateshead districts which are all pretty much defined by the post code you have. I don't consider myself a Mackem for many reasons, my favourite at the minute being that a taxi back after a night out from Newcastle City Centre costs less than one back from Sunderland City Centre. As if you needed anymore proof, I may aswell bleed Black and White :rolleyes:

You're fucking right about it being a shithole like. It's basically a town full of council houses, broken up by the occasional Industrial estate.

no soul or sense of community either beyond other than teenage mother charvers hanging around the inshops in the galleries.

What he said.

no soul or sense of community either beyond other than teenage mother charvers hanging around the inshops in the galleries.

There seems to be a competition between the mother's going on currently as to who can cover their bairn in the most Greggs pasty crumbs. The mothers to be aren't left out either, over the past few months they've been playing "How many people can I make physically sick by wearing a top that shows of my bulging, strech marked midriff". Revolting.

:icon_lol: My Newcastle postcode says otherwise.

What he said.

Aye, you'll be attending matches next :blush:

What he said.

Aye, you'll be attending matches next :blush:

Now you're just being daft

What he said.

You're not fucking wrong - I used to work in the InShops in the Galleries and it was fucking grim :icon_lol:

Guest stevieintoon

What he said.

You're not fucking wrong - I used to work in the InShops in the Galleries and it was fucking grim :icon_lol:

Listen Craig can we get back on topic please, the amount of topics which go off at a tangent and off topic like this, well I think it's an outrage, and it's not what this message board was set up for!

What he said.

Barring the City of Sunderland Council logo that's scrawled across the wheely bins they've tried to remove every trace of Sunderland from the place. I'm quite literally within pissing distance of the 'border' between Sunderland and Gateshead. It's weird that it's classed as a borough of Sunderland because there are three real areas. The Sunderland disticts, the Durham districts and the Newcastle/Gateshead districts which are all pretty much defined by the post code you have. I don't consider myself a Mackem for many reasons, my favourite at the minute being that a taxi back after a night out from Newcastle City Centre costs less than one back from Sunderland City Centre. As if you needed anymore proof, I may aswell bleed Black and White :blush:

Listen Craig can we get back on topic please, the amount of topics which go off at a tangent and off topic like this, well I think it's an outrage, and it's not what this message board was set up for!

:rolleyes: