Smeeagain tribute

Walliver

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech, and walked out into the lobby where he met President Bush.

They shook hands, and as they walked the Iranian said, "You know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America".

President Bush said, "Well, anything I can do to help you, I will."

The Iranian whispered "My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, and Sulu who is Chinese, but no Arabs.

My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians on Star Trek."

President Bush laughed, leaned toward the Iranian ambassador, and whispered back,

"It's because it takes place in the future."

It wouldn't be a very good tribute if I got the facts right, would it? :lol:

i actually posted that one some time ago and the same debate was raised. :rolleyes:

I know, I copied and pasted from one of your posts (as you seem to be doing). I :blush: you.

I didn't bother to read any of the replies.

A nun visits her Mother Superior one day trembling slightly. Mother Superior can see that the woman is troubled and offers her a seat.

"What's wrong my child? You look very troubled." The nun sits down and sighs.

"I'm sorry Mother Superior, but I took the lord's name in vain today."

"Goodness me child!" She gasps. "You were visiting your family today, was it anything to do with that?" The nun nods her head.

"I went to play golf with my brother after lunch, we always used to play golf together before I committed myself to God you see." She clears her throat before carrying on. "It was the 7th hole, a really hard 540 yard par 5, with plenty of trees and bunkers." Mother Superior holds up her hand to stop her.

"Ah, I remember you were quite the golfer before you joined us. You hit your ball into the trees or a bunker didn't you?"

"Oh no Mother Superior!" Protested the nun. "I hit one of the best drives of my life! Straight down the middle, 250 yards. It's just the ball hit a bird mid-flight!"

"And that's what caused you to blaspheme?" Comes the reply.

"No no no, you see the ball bounced off the bird and came to rest on the fairway, when a squirrel came along and stole it!" Again, Mother Superior intervenes.

"The squirrel stole your ball. I can understand how frustrating that must have felt." The nun again shakes her head. She continues:

"The squirrel didn't have it for long, an eagle came and snatched it up in its talons! My brother and I watched it fly all the way to the green when the squirrel dropped the ball; no further than 5ft from the pin! It was a miracle! I had reached the green in a single shot!" Mother Superior listens, open-mouthed.

"Well that can't have caused you to blaspheme surely?" She exclaimed. The nun said nothing and shuffled her feet.

"No Mother Superior, I praised the lord for his intervention, it's just..." Mother Superior then slapped her forehead as it all became clear.

"You missed the fucking putt didn't you?"

A nun visits her Mother Superior one day trembling slightly. Mother Superior can see that the woman is troubled and offers her a seat.

"What's wrong my child? You look very troubled." The nun sits down and sighs.

"I'm sorry Mother Superior, but I took the lord's name in vain today."

"Goodness me child!" She gasps. "You were visiting your family today, was it anything to do with that?" The nun nods her head.

"I went to play golf with my brother after lunch, we always used to play golf together before I committed myself to God you see." She clears her throat before carrying on. "It was the 7th hole, a really hard 540 yard par 5, with plenty of trees and bunkers." Mother Superior holds up her hand to stop her.

"Ah, I remember you were quite the golfer before you joined us. You hit your ball into the trees or a bunker didn't you?"

"Oh no Mother Superior!" Protested the nun. "I hit one of the best drives of my life! Straight down the middle, 250 yards. It's just the ball hit a bird mid-flight!"

"And that's what caused you to blaspheme?" Comes the reply.

"No no no, you see the ball bounced off the bird and came to rest on the fairway, when a squirrel came along and stole it!" Again, Mother Superior intervenes.

"The squirrel stole your ball. I can understand how frustrating that must have felt." The nun again shakes her head. She continues:

"The squirrel didn't have it for long, an eagle came and snatched it up in its talons! My brother and I watched it fly all the way to the green when the squirrel dropped the ball; no further than 5ft from the pin! It was a miracle! I had reached the green in a single shot!" Mother Superior listens, open-mouthed.

"Well that can't have caused you to blaspheme surely?" She exclaimed. The nun said nothing and shuffled her feet.

"No Mother Superior, I praised the lord for his intervention, it's just..." Mother Superior then slapped her forehead as it all became clear.

"You missed the fucking putt didn't you?"

:lol:

:rolleyes: