Working in London

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I've got to work in London for two weeks from the first week of September. I won't miss any toon games at all since we don't have a game between Wigan and Derby. The company are paying for accomodation for me, normally I could stay at my sisters but she's heavily pregnant, and really I'd be in the way, besides I'kl go round for some scran every other night. The rest of the time I'll be bored as fuck. It's a long shot but do any of you London based people, play football/ know where I could get a game. I could go out on the piss every night, but the last thing I want to do is go in half cut, because me heeds normally a mess. Weekends I'll be up for a pint if anyones about. If I seem like Nobby no mates here, I am I have no mates at all in London.

I'm dreading the tube every day as well, but at least it will be cool in September.

I've been thinking of looking for a regular game near me in sahf-east London for a while now without ever actually getting round to it. And my recovery time after the recent forum 5-a-side will probably stop me ever doing it now. :lol: Can't really help you there, in other words. I do know a couple of the lads who play for Stonewall FC, but something tells me that probably isn't your cup of pink zinfandel. :rolleyes:

Where are you having to commute from/to, by the way? Some bits of the tube are (decidedly) worse than others.

Guest stevieintoon
I've been thinking of looking for a regular game near me in sahf-east London for a while now without ever actually getting round to it. And my recovery time after the recent forum 5-a-side will probably stop me ever doing it now. :lol: Can't really help you there, in other words. I do know a couple of the lads who play for Stonewall FC, but something tells me that probably isn't your cup of pink zinfandel. :rolleyes:

Where are you having to commute from/to, by the way? Some bits of the tube are (decidedly) worse than others.

Newcastle United London SC play at Catford Power League which would be easy for me to get to from where I'm staying. If we could get 10 lads we should book a pitch.

Guest stevieintoon

My work is within walking distance of King's Cross, but I'm getting them to put me up in Blackheath or Greenwich so Catford isn't that far

Guest stevieintoon
OK, that is a decent-sized commute then. I wish you all the luck in the world. :lol:

Nice part of town though. Blackheath/Greenwich, I mean, obviously...

It's only 40 mins from Kings Cross or Euston. I used to travel 90 mins a day to Sunderland.

Aye it is nice, sisters lived there years. It's mental really because all around Blackheath, Greenwich you have absolute charvers, worse than the West End or even South Tyneside, yet Blackheath itself is one of the snobbiest places you can go. Those housing estates The Cator Estate and Blackheath Park makes Darras Hall look like Cruddas Park flats. Terry Waite used to live next door, the poor cunt who got kidnapped.

The work have said they'll pay additional expenses, do you think asking for a ticket for England v Russia would be being cheeky?

Guest Patrokles
I was in that area recently. Friend in Lewisham.

And you didn't call me? :lol:

I was only supposed to be there a couple of days before I went off to America, had to extend the stay. I had no internet access otherwise I'd have let you entertain me for the additional days, I promise.

I was only supposed to be there a couple of days before I went off to America, had to extend the stay. I had no internet access otherwise I'd have let you entertain me for the additional days, I promise.

Never mind, I'll keep my pump primed for the next time.

Guest Patrokles

We having a kick-around, then? :rolleyes:

Guest stevieintoon

We having a kick-around, then? :rolleyes:

My brother in law can probably get another 4 lads to take us on, if yous two can sort two more players.