Craig Gordon to Sunderland

Glen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good goalkeeper and he won't have any problem in proving himself in the Premiership. Arsenal were sniffing around him earlier in the window but were put off by the price. I think it's a smart move on Keanes part. He's spent a lot of money to get his man, but without a brilliant goalkeeper they were always going to sink without a trace.

Now they've got one and they are trying to get Mido to give them more options upfront. It pains me to say it but if they get a few more decent signings then they could stay up because Wigan and Derby are definitely down and the last place could go to a few clubs!

They had poor keepers last time but I think they had Sorenson the time before that who didn't make that much difference.

I don't know how good Gordon is tbh.

I know nothing about Gordon, just like most of the mackems despite what they'll claim (he's already world class and better than Given on a thread over on SMB) so i don't know how good he is.

But there's no way a keeper would be going for this sort of money unless he's a top player imo and its the first time the mackems have shown any real ambition in my lifetime. He's not going to turn them into a top team or anything by himself but as they keep saying it is a show on intent and its not what they've done in the past when promoted.

They'll still be finishing behind us in the prem though, and really that's allmost of their lot care about!

I know nothing about Gordon, just like most of the mackems despite what they'll claim (he's already world class and better than Given on a thread over on SMB) so i don't know how good he is.

But there's no way a keeper would be going for this sort of money unless he's a top player imo and its the first time the mackems have shown any real ambition in my lifetime. He's not going to turn them into a top team or anything by himself but as they keep saying it is a show on intent and its not what they've done in the past when promoted.

They'll still be finishing behind us in the prem though, and really that's allmost of their lot care about!

I have a feeling that they've gone back to get him after seeing a sense of frustration amongst the fans about the lack of quality signed.

In a sense a Shepherd type "keep them happy" type signing

As I said I know they wanted him earlier but I think if they had got Nugent and Baines for example then they wouldn't have upped their bid.

I have a feeling that they've gone back to get him after seeing a sense of frustration amongst the fans about the lack of quality signed.

In a sense a Shepherd type "keep them happy" type signing

As I said I know they wanted him earlier but I think if they had got Nugent and Baines for example then they wouldn't have upped their bid.

Either way they've shown they will actually spend some money this time round. The thing their fans forget is the state their squad would have been in on getting promoted compared to established prem teams, and they have also signed alot of unproven players who will be a gamble in the prem.

One good 'keeper might just keep them up. However, they certainly wont be doing anything spectacular with the players they currently have. How optimistic would you be if our star striker was Chopra? Given probably kept us out of the bottom 3 over the last few seasons.

If this is the Thread your on about?

I reckon you should read it again mate!!

Keepers

Guest Patrokles

Keepers

You got served. By a mackem

Keepers

You got served. By a mackem

:lol:

£9 million for a Goalkeeper is a fucking rip off. I think Hearts have though of a number, doubled it and then hoped some numpty would come along and pay that price. There is no doubt he's a good goalkeeper but unless they've got a good defence they're still going to leak enough goals to put them there or there abouts at the arse end of the season.

Look at Given, bar Cech he's probably the best 'Keeper in the league but because of the shambles we called a back four over the past few years we've struggled.

Guest Patrokles
£9 million for a Goalkeeper is a fucking rip off. I think Hearts have though of a number, doubled it and then hoped some numpty would come along and pay that price. There is no doubt he's a good goalkeeper but unless they've got a good defence they're still going to leak enough goals to put them there or there abouts at the arse end of the season.

Look at Given, bar Cech he's probably the best 'Keeper in the league but because of the shambles we called a back four over the past few years we've struggled.

Not sure how you can say that investing heavily in a potentially great 'keeper is bad business, tbh.

Not sure how you can say that investing heavily in a potentially great 'keeper is bad business, tbh.

There's investing heavily and then investing stupidly. This seems to be the latter.

I've no doubt he's going to be good but there are alot of Goalkeepers out there who are probably equal to him abilitywise and would've cost less.

Guest stevieintoon
I want everyone who has an opinion on this to watch Celtic's winner on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIzqXMYhd8

I've seen him a few times £2m would be too much for him and I mean that. Absolutely staggering amount of money for someone so average.

To be fair the Craig Gordon Video itself suggests he is decent. Everyone makes fuck ups:

Poor example, that was a freak. The Craig Gordon one (and there are others), emphasises a poor handling ability under pressure. The worst goal Given conceded for the toon was Bentley's in that 2-2 draw, and it was no where near as bad as that one at Celtic Park.

I want everyone who has an opinion on this to watch Celtic's winner on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIzqXMYhd8

I've seen him a few times £2m would be too much for him and I mean that. Absolutely staggering amount of money for someone so average.

To be fair the Craig Gordon Video itself suggests he is decent. Everyone makes fuck ups:

to be honest, not only did he get down from a header from 6 yards out and get a hand to it, the 2nd goal was a shot from the edge of the 6 yard box and on any other given sunday that would of been saved but it squirmed and spun and bounced out of his hands

he actually looks quite good