Wednesday's Gossip Column

Craig

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Everton manager David Moyes is set to capture Middlesbrough striker Yakubu and Portuguese playmaker Manuel Fernandes for up to £19m. (various)

West Ham will make another bid for Derby youngster Giles barnes after having an offer of £2.5m rejected. (The Sun)

Manchester City have slapped a £4m price tag on want-away striker Giorgios Samaras, which appears to have ended Middlesbrough's interest. (The Sun)

And City's squad is likely to be further swollen by the arrival of Palermo midfielder Mark Bresciano in a £3m deal. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham midfielder Danny Murphy is wanted by Leicester. (The Sun)

Manchester United are considering making a move for Lens goalkeeper Charles Itandje, who is also being tracked by Real Betis, Lyon and Aston Villa. (Daily Mirror)

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes wants to sign Liverpool's FA Youth cup double winner Charlie Barnett. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool's Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Anthony Le Tallec are set to end their spells at the club by joining Spain's Recreativo Huelva. (Mirror)

Chelsea's Arjen Robben could finally be on his way to Real Madrid after his father and agent, Hans, said a deal may be sealed on Wednesday. (various)

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez has failed with a £2m approach for Burnley striker Kyle Lafferty. (Daily Express)

Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Reading are all chasing Monaco's veteran Czech striker Jan Koller. (The Times)

Fulham hope they can finalise a £3.5m deal for Watford winger Hameur Bouazza in the next 24 hours. (The Times)

Tottenham and Aston Villa both want West Brom defender Curtis Davies but are not prepared to enter into a bidding war to get him. (The Times)

Wigan remain optimistic they can complete a deal for West Brom left-back Paul Robinson. (The Times)

Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers is thought to be a target for Sheffield United. (The Independent)

OTHER GOSSIP

David Beckham says he has no regrets about taking the controversial painkillers which may have cost him his England place. (various)

AND FINALLY

Sir Alex Ferguson will send two Manchester United teams to play against Glentoran and Dunfermline on Wednesday night but has been banned from watching either of them by his wife, who has insisted he helps her move house. "I told her I had a match but she wasn't having any of it," said Ferguson. "She said it was a friendly and I had to help her." (Various)

Reading striker Leroy Lita looks set to miss the start of the season after pulling a leg muscle while in bed. (various)

Now am I imagining things or was Charlie Barnett one of the substitutes who came on to play for us against Juventus? I'm sure I read somewhere that we signed him up soon after Liverpool won the Youth Cup. Cracking journalism if I'm right :lol:

Thought so..... :lol:

Stats

The Barnett in our side was former Liverpool midfielder Charlie Barnett, who has been released by the Reds.

18 year-old Barnett was part of the successful FA Youth Cup side last season and scored a 30 yarder for Liverpool in the semi-final at SJP.

He'd been seen earlier in the week playing for our reserves in a friendly at Newcastle Benfield.

Source: http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/2007-07-29juventus-h.html

Thought so..... :lol:

Stats

The Barnett in our side was former Liverpool midfielder Charlie Barnett, who has been released by the Reds.

18 year-old Barnett was part of the successful FA Youth Cup side last season and scored a 30 yarder for Liverpool in the semi-final at SJP.

He'd been seen earlier in the week playing for our reserves in a friendly at Newcastle Benfield.

Source: http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/2007-07-29juventus-h.html

That doesn't say we signed him tbf.