Freshwater Dolphin

Jusoda Kid

I remember first reading about them in this (great book, incidentally). It was pretty certain even then that they were in deep shit, and that was before China really started motoring as a couldn't-give-a-fuck industrial powerhouse. I'm sure it won't be the last we hear of this kind of thing, unfortunately.

Aye, very sad. I honestly think man-kind will turn out to be the worst thing to have happened to this planet (apart from when it's consumed by the Sun - before Renton or Fop points that out :lol: ). I didn't know about that species but there's another species of freshwater dolphin that lives in the Amazon.

Guest stevieintoon

The world's fucked, and this truely is a tragic story. If there's a more graceful, beautiful, intelligent creature on earth than a dolphin, I've yet to see it. We're to blame more than any cunt, but we didn't know the consequences of the industrial revolution.

There are creatures in the Amazon rainforest which haven't even been discovered which will remain undiscovered, because they'll be extinct before we find them. The human race is the worst thing that has ever happened to mother earth, and who could blame her if she gets her revenge soon?

Edited by stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon
I have a feeling it maybe sooner rather than later, as in my lifetime

I'm not arsed as long as I see the toon win the league before it happens.

That'll be the final straw most likely.

As has been said before, you just know apocalypse will strike in the 88th minute of the cup final when we're 1-0 up.

As has been said before, you just know apocalypse will strike in the 88th minute of the cup final when we're 1-0 up.

Latest from Wembley Stadium:

Newcastle 1 - 1 Tottenham

Owen 6 ..........Apocalypse 88

Extra time now being played.

Edited by manc-mag

Though, it might mean hell is freezing over and stop global warming...

:lol:

:rolleyes:

lol :lol:

Aye, very sad. I honestly think man-kind will turn out to be the worst thing to have happened to this planet (apart from when it's consumed by the Sun - before Renton or Fop points that out :lol: ). I didn't know about that species but there's another species of freshwater dolphin that lives in the Amazon.

Not for long, slash and burn for more sugar cane for "eco-fuel" should do for them I expect.

Somehow I can't see it being another 50 years before another major vertebrate becomes extinct. :rolleyes:

Not for long, slash and burn for more sugar cane for "eco-fuel" should do for them I expect.

Somehow I can't see it being another 50 years before another major vertebrate becomes extinct. :rolleyes:

There was something on Newsnight last night about all the corn being grown for ethanol in the US and how, because of all the extra fertiliser being used (which finds its way into the rivers), there is a 'dead zone' where virtually no fish live the size of New Jersey in the Gulf of Mexico.

There was something on Newsnight last night about all the corn being grown for ethanol in the US and how, because of all the extra fertiliser being used (which finds its way into the rivers), there is a 'dead zone' where virtually no fish live the size of New Jersey in the Gulf of Mexico.

Yup the agricultural run offs aren't usually toxic as such, but for the end effect they have they may as well be.

Around the Amazon basin it's likely to be even more dependent on such things as the soil there loses fertility very quickly after the initial few years of high fertility after clearing rain forest.