Dropping through the divisions

After reading the Leeds thread, I had a look at the league tables to see where other ex-prem teams were.

Bradford are now in League 2, the fourth tier of English football. They were in the Prem up until 2001. Has any other team ever fallen so far, so quickly? I bet they wish they hadn't bothered with that big fuck-off stand at Valley Parade now.

Also, Notts. Forest, former European Cup winners are languishing in League 1. Has any other European Cup winning club slipped to such a low standing?

After reading the Leeds thread, I had a look at the league tables to see where other ex-prem teams were.

Bradford are now in League 2, the fourth tier of English football. They were in the Prem up until 2001. Has any other team ever fallen so far, so quickly? I bet they wish they hadn't bothered with that big fuck-off stand at Valley Parade now.

Also, Notts. Forest, former European Cup winners are languishing in League 1. Has any other European Cup winning club slipped to such a low standing?

havnt wimbeldon fallen rapidly from grace?

Sheffield Wednesday, languishing in the lower leagues ten years on...........

Wimbledon haven't fallen anywhere in my mind they were wiped off the map, good to see the FA Cup trophy move to AFC Wimbeldon the other day. Good luck to them.

Fiorentina? They fell from the Serie A to, well, nothing.

no fiorentina came from nothing to serie A they are strong title contenders now

no, fiorentina ceased to exist for a period then came beck

or in other words, you're both right

Carlisle in the 70s went 4>3>2>1>2>3>4 in one year more than the minimum I think - not sure which one they spent 2 in but it wasn't the first.

Edited by NJS

Carlisle in the 70s went 4>3>2>1>2>3>4 in one year more than the minimum I think - not sure which one they spent 2 in but it wasn't the first.

Swansea did very similar as well and even topped the top flight for some time before the toshack bubble burst!

Guest stevieintoon

Northampton did exactly the same in the 50's.

Re: Fiorentina they were relegated to wor equivalent of Division 4, Serie C 2 for fiddling. They got promote in their first season to C1, but because Italians are corrupt, contempable fuckers, they decided to let Fiorentina jump two divisions back to Serie B.

Guest stevieintoon
So we're agreed? Fiorentina are the biggest yoyo club in history. More so than Sunderland.

Nar we're not, because they weren't ever relegated because they were pish, then were promoted two divisions because of who they are, so they don't count.

My Dad was telling me once that they topped the old First Division before Xmas (after 10 games or something) and ended up getting relegated.

And Notts County used to be the butt of the joke - What's black and white and slides down tables? Swindon had quite a fall from grace too when they were effectively relegated two divisions. The least said about that season though, the better.