Heroes

wykikitoon

Anyone watching it or watched it? I know its been on FX or Sci-Fi channel for a while, but its on BBC2 on a Weds night. Just finished the 4th Episode, its a great series :rolleyes:

Have a look here

My fave character is Hiro and his mate, bith quality, but Claire the cheerleader is up there :lol:

Jimbo will be able to tell you all about the time we saw Matt from Heroes out, isn't that right Ritchie? :lol:

Very true Jonny !

Fucking awesome show, thanks to Ritchie (the guru of download tv) I watched it as it was broadcast in the US earlier in the year, fucking brilliant show, can't wait for season 2.

Hehe Jimbo

How mant=y episodes are there in Series 1? Its not like Prison Break is it or Lost?

23 episodes dude.

any mention of when season 2 will be aired?

I understand that season 2 premieres in the US on September 24th.

do you think they'll be able to keep improving or do you fear a loss of direction as we saw (ironically) in Lost

you mean the "making it up as we go along" theory ?

I hope not, but then again, considering that what made Heroes so refreshing was its originality, which makes the prospect of season 2 being at minimum, on par with season one, all the more remote.

I'm hoping they allow the lives which were becoming entwined to fracture again.

Obviously Hiro has a stroy arc at loggerheads to the relatively standard fodder we should expect from Matt Parkman etc.

Claire and Noah will probably have an "On the run" story line for a bit

Nathan's story will (I assume) have a lot to do with the the bigger picture, I reckon he'll be used as a story telling device more often than not along with Mohinde

I reckon Parkmans baby will be important.

We'll see more of the Petrelli's mother, perhaps an actual manifestation of whatever her power is, and through her a link to the past.

We'll find the guy that Molly doesn't want to find have more direct influence.

I don't think we've seen the last of Sylar.

D.L. Micah and Niki's story will be there and be dull. I just don't think they can make it interesting anymore, unless they have some twee "Micah coming of age" type shmoltz

and of course new heroes and villains.

I'm hopeful but cynically expecting disappointment

I see that JJ Abrams of Lost/Alias fame has cast Zachary Quinto who plays Sylar in Heroes, as the young Mr Spock in the new Star Trek movie depicting the early years of the original Star Trek gang due out next year.

D.L. Micah and Niki's story will be there and be dull. I just don't think they can make it interesting anymore, unless they have some twee "Micah coming of age" type shmoltz

That story line bored me the whole way through the series.

I've just finished watching it and my review is:

Episodes 1-5/6 - Interesting

Episodes 6-18 - Average

Episodes 19-22 - Excellent

Finale - Disappointing

I mightn't gave the exact episodes right but that's the trend I found throughout the series.

Obviously Hiro has a stroy arc at loggerheads to the relatively standard fodder we should expect from Matt Parkman etc.

Nathan's story will (I assume) have a lot to do with the the bigger picture, I reckon he'll be used as a story telling device more often than not along with Mohinde

We'll see more of the Petrelli's mother, perhaps an actual manifestation of whatever her power is, and through her a link to the past.

Don't forget Wykit is only on episode 4 you fool. :lol:

Don't forget Wykit is only on episode 4 you fool. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Don't forget Wykit is only on episode 4 you fool. :rolleyes:

:icon_lol:

:blush:

:lol:

Gotta love The Fish tbh

• 1 year later...

Finally started watching it.

Hiro's a legend like.

Can't stand to watch the geneticist though, so wooden, as is the artist fella.

Excellent stuff so far though, intended to watch a couple of episodes and ended up sitting through five in one night.

When's the third series starting? I heard that Origins spin-off was beginning this month but I've heard nowt since. I'm hoping it handles the amount of characters/plotlines a bit better than Season Two because that thing was a bit hectic, unlike Lost which handled the compression much better.

September 22nd

I reckon I can do 2 series by then.

When's the third series starting? I heard that Origins spin-off was beginning this month but I've heard nowt since. I'm hoping it handles the amount of characters/plotlines a bit better than Season Two because that thing was a bit hectic, unlike Lost which handled the compression much better.

I thought that was just going to be a web comic or something? :D

Hoping Villains returns them to the heights of the first series... I think they fucked with the bad guy, a) If I was Adam, I'd have found much more exciting things to do in my time, :D the problem with having

a virus as the bad guy is that the audience can't see it, relate to it, understand it etc. unless they see someone they "care" about suffer from it. With the Shanti virus striking in the future, I couldn't get that excited about it's release. It'd have been better if Adam and Peter had been breaking into an Area 51 type military base aiming to set off a missile weapon thing or if they'd been going to kill someone in particular... I just cannot get that excited about the possible release of a nasty virus. It reminds me of the first Blade film; the creators had the release of the Blood God on screen as a big wave of blood that turned everyone into a vampire, but the test audience didn't like it, so they made Dorf's character become harder, faster, stronger, while not as scary as a wave of blood in concept, certainly a better theatrical ending to the film.

looking forward to seeing what they can come up with.

ooooh it redacts the words instead of just whiting them out... nice.

FINISHED.

A fantastic series let down by 2 niggles that bugged me and could easily have been avoided.

1. Sylar didn't kill DL....but President Sylar/Petrelli can go through walls. I know that's in the avoided future so you might assume Sylar DID brain suck DL in that timeline, but there was no point up to the planned nuke (that would have killed DL) when they even met.

2. Why didn't Peter Petrelli fly away himself? No reason for big bro to do it.

FINISHED.

A fantastic series let down by 2 niggles that bugged me and could easily have been avoided.

1. Sylar didn't kill DL....but President Sylar/Petrelli can go through walls. I know that's in the avoided future so you might assume Sylar DID brain suck DL in that timeline, but there was no point up to the planned nuke (that would have killed DL) when they even met.

2. Why didn't Peter Petrelli fly away himself? No reason for big bro to do it.

1. There's evidence that some powers are shared by more than one person, also there's the possibility that DL was Sylar-ed before the explosion

2. Peter was spending all his time and will power, trying to control his imminent explosion

the better questions are

Why didn't someone just knock Peter out rather than killing him? Claire did it to Sprague at the house.

Why doesn't Hiro stop time, touch Sylar, bounce to the North Pole, drop him off, bounce back?

Why didn't explodey man melt through his bonds, when the truck tipped?

Why didn't Peter go invisible as soon as Sylar appeared?

etc. etc. etc.

You watched Series 2 yet?

Series 3 is out next week

• 2 weeks later...